TK25 R&B

colight

Enlightened
Apparently Fenix has just released this, another new flashlight. This news was posted a short time ago on their Fb page. I'd be interested to know if that blue light is really any good for fishing, as they say. I remember they have or had some other products also with blue LED's. Were they really any good for that purpose?

BrightEyesBurningLikeFire

Newly Enlightened
Apparently Fenix has just released this, another new flashlight. This news was posted a short time ago on their Fb page. I'd be interested to know if that blue light is really any good for fishing, as they say. I remember they have or had some other products also with blue LED's. Were they really any good for that purpose?

Popped up on my email inbox - checked it out and thought "why?!"

Happy with my new TK20R.

colight

Enlightened
Brighteyes, at this time I have no intention of buying this new light, if ever. For some reason I don't see myself buying it, maybe because I don't foresee myself using it. I am just curious about those colored lights, and if they really help when fishing or hunting. I'd say I'm more of a hunter than a fisherman, so the red light should appeal to me, but I haven't been hunting for a long time, so I'd like to hear from hunters and fishermen if these lights are any good for their intended purposes. Just curious.... I am totally with you on the TK20R, though! I think that will become my next purchase. I've been desiring it for a long time. :sigh:

proceed5

Enlightened
Would like to ask for your opinions,

Would 225 meters white light and 100+ meters red light be sufficient for hunting purposes ?
Don't you find the rotating head a bit too cumbersome to switch between white and coloured LED? I mean if it gonna be mounted on a rifle and the control would be a remote switch, you would still have to find a way to turn the head to get between whites and coloured lights ?

RoJohn L. Sugg

Newly Enlightened
Why did not you post any image about the flashlight here? I am interested too, but cannot find the flashlight here.

colight

Enlightened
Would like to ask for your opinions,

Would 225 meters white light and 100+ meters red light be sufficient for hunting purposes ?
Don't you find the rotating head a bit too cumbersome to switch between white and coloured LED? I mean if it gonna be mounted on a rifle and the control would be a remote switch, you would still have to find a way to turn the head to get between whites and coloured lights ?

Very interesting questions, proceed! The white I guess would suffice, but about the red I am also not sure. And yes, I didn't think about that operation - it is for sure going to be difficult. It would help if somebody has this light, or even the other version (I think the IR version has the same operating mechanism), and could tell us how difficult it is to change modes, especially when gun-mounted. Other opinions.....?

romanerm

Newly Enlightened
I already have this flashlight. And I can say that color modes change quite easily.
But of course if the light is mounted on a rifle with a remote button, then to change the color mode you need to reach the head of the flashlight.
I'm not a hunter. But I think you do not want to change color at the time of aiming. Probably you will pre-set the desired color mode and then you will only use the remote button to turn on the flashlight.
You can see color mode changing on video: https://youtu.be/NzzNMpR5844 But it is in Russian, I have not yet made a video in English.

proceed5

Enlightened
Thank you romanerm.
Would you say the White Light is bright, floody ... what's your opinion about this light.