New member! Looking for some light!

BananasHD

Newly Enlightened
So, I do have some flashlight knowledge my 1st light was a Powertac E5 at the time was a 900 lumen light, with 5 light settings. I had it for quite a few years and thought it was time for a new light. I handed the light up to my grandfather as i always wanted his flashlights as a kid and all he had were old Mag-lite lights. The old incandescent bulbed ones. Powertac came out with a new 950 lumen light that i bought as a replacement and used the heck out of it until i slipped in mud about a year later and it flew out of my hand and into one of the nastiest rivers in southern michigan. came back to it the next morning and a few days later to try and retrieve the light using magnets, fishing nets and everything else i could think of... With no luck. probably 2ft into the mud underwater by now... I then cut my losses and bout another Powertac E5 that came with a dive knife that I got a good deal on. and just lost that one a few days ago riding my motorcycle... 3 lights later i think i'm ready to try a different light.

An only down side i could think of with the E5 was the function button was towards the front a half inch or so from the lens and was kind of hard to push. a friend of mine has a Fenix TK16? It has the function button on the tail cap which is the most ergonomically friendly and what i believe would make the most sense for that button. But compared to my Powertac the overall quality wasn't as good, even the LED wasn't as easy on the eyes if ya will. I'm not a fan of any of the Fenix Lights really as ive played with them at my local dealer. That dealer also sells Streamlight which isn't as good of a light as my Powertac either. A bunch of guys from work were trying to show off their new SL ProTac HL lights and again my Powertac blew theirs out of the water in size, cost, lumens, and functionality. although theirs has the memory feature overall product quality is pretty comparable to the E5.

Main thing I'm getting at is I want another light that is very comparable in brightness, quality, light quality, and not so much cost because im willing to pay decent money for a great product. The light HAS to have the function button on the tailcap! I figured if im going to be sort of a light enthusiast i should come to the motherland!
Thanks for all your help!