Looking for a new EDC light

Seanedc

Newly Enlightened
Hello gang,

Over the past few months I've been selling off my collection and saving my pennies for a new edc light. I'm way out of the loop on what's good now. I always enjoyed Arc, HDS, Novatac and Mcgizmo products. My budget is around $400-$500. I'd like something small, compact and bright. Used lights are fine. What would you recommend?
Thanks

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hi Sean ....

I'm going to move this over to the "Recommend" forum for you ;)

There's lots of choices out there, so feel free to add more details of what you are looking for in an EDC torch ....

Just to get the discussion started, take a look at the Oveready BOSS (dropping today, coincidentally) and maybe Okluma, too. Which of those two seems more like the direction you'd like ?

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready BOSS..

boss.jpg

If I had it, that's what I'd spend it on.
P

Seanedc

Newly Enlightened
It's funny everyone recommended the oveready boss. That's the one I wanted. Hopefully I can get my hands on one. Thanks everyone for the input.

Seanedc

Newly Enlightened
Hi Sean ....

I'm going to move this over to the "Recommend" forum for you ;)

There's lots of choices out there, so feel free to add more details of what you are looking for in an EDC torch ....

Just to get the discussion started, take a look at the Oveready BOSS (dropping today, coincidentally) and maybe Okluma, too. Which of those two seems more like the direction you'd like ?

Thank you. I'm still getting used to the forum again. I'll try to behave:)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edc covers a broad area. It would help to distinguish between on a keychain, in pocket, clipped to pocket (shirt or pant), on belt, in briefcase/purse/backpack, etc. As an example, I EDC a Streamlight Microstream in my pants pocket, have a Nitecore TIP on my keychain, and sometimes have a Nitecore EA11 or P30 on my belt. The Microstream currently has an AA lithium primary and will migrate to an NiMH whenever that dies. The TIP is rechargeable, the EA11 currently hosts a 14500 Li-Ion but can use an AA primary/NiMH cell, and the P30 uses an 18650.

It sounds like you are happy with the recommendations for the Olight, and that's fine. It does help to fine down as much as possible how a light will be used and how it will be carried, and what kind of power source will be used.