• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2 year warranty may be useless

andygold

Newly Enlightened
Be advised, I'm writing this in frustration!!!!!

Last week I received (2) new in box Jetbeam MS-R26 lights I purchased a month earlier through Touch of Modern (ToM). My first Jetbeam purchase, and my first 18650 light. I got an extremely good deal, $16.00 each, (2 for $40 including shipping) which seems to be typical of ToM. Myself and a friend have dealt with them before, and everything has been super inexpensive, brand new, and in excellent shape!

With that said, one light arrived and works perfectly (birthday gifted to friend). The other lit for about a second, then went extremely dim for a few seconds then shut off completely. Blue light won't even light up when charging the 18650 through the USB port, so I guess it's not charging either.

I tried to make use of my 2 year warranty. I contacted ToM to see if I could exchange it for a working model, but they do not stock anything. They take orders and have orders fulfilled by other vendors. I contacted jetbeamstore.com as I figured they were the Jetbeam vendor in the US, but they appear to be an entity separate from corporate. They were very helpful though in informing me that if I knew which Jetbeam vendor sold it in the first place, I could send it back to them for replacement. At this pointy in time it seems ToM will not tell me who they bought it from. So, basically I'm stuck with a brand new DOA light. I could get a refund from ToM, but I'd prefer to get a working light, as for the price I paid, there is no way I could buy another 1100 lumen light for that same amount of money.

So, my flame is a little bit towards ToM for not giving me the info I need to send the light in for repair/replacement, and a bit towards Jetbeam for shipping a light to their vendor that was DOA. Yes, I do realize that sometimes defective stuff gets through quality control and inspection. I just wish I could have the manufacturer take care of this!

Anyone know of a way to get Jetbeam to honor their 2-year warranty on a new in box DOA product in a way other than what I've tried so far?:)

Last edited:

SoCalTiger

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately with a manufacturer like this, you'll have to work out an exchange with the vendor through ToM. Otherwise, the only way to get an exchange with the manufacturer is probably to send the light back to them, and they are in China. Unless you get really lucky and they are willing to ship you a replacement for free. Have you tried contacting Jetbeam directly? FYI their 24-mo warranty appears to cover repairs but not parts.

http://www.jetbeamlight.com/Service.asp

In the end if neither ToM nor Jetbeam takes full responsibility you will probably be stuck with a refund which doesn't help you get a replacement at the same price.

andygold

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately with a manufacturer like this, you'll have to work out an exchange with the vendor through ToM. Otherwise, the only way to get an exchange with the manufacturer is probably to send the light back to them, and they are in China. Unless you get really lucky and they are willing to ship you a replacement for free. Have you tried contacting Jetbeam directly? FYI their 24-mo warranty appears to cover repairs but not parts.

http://www.jetbeamlight.com/Service.asp

In the end if neither ToM nor Jetbeam takes full responsibility you will probably be stuck with a refund which doesn't help you get a replacement at the same price.

I did try contacting Jetbeam through their online support through their website, but no reply. Then I tried emailing them through the customer service email address. I received no reply from Jetbeam at all. Their customer service appears to be non-existent!!!
ToM did refund the money I paid for the light, and although I figured I'd have to mail it back to them, they didn't want it. . Id truly like to get the light repaired. Problem now is I can't figure out how to get the front half of the light apart. I think it may be glued. Will have to search out how it's best to take it apart.

I think though that what dismays me most is that this is the manufacturer's forum and no one from Jetbeam seems interested in replying or trying to make it right. It's been over a month since you replied to me, and there's been no comment from Jetbeam. As stated in my original post, this was my first Jetbeam purchase. It has also been my last!!!

Last edited: