RMSK, Inc.        

Thread: need a focused beam

Default need a focused beam

i need a light with a focused beam that i can mount on the shelf of a bookcase.

i'm looking to illuminate an object with as little light "around the object" as possible. the beam would need to be about 2-3" wide at the impact point and about 12" at most from the object.

for reference, i have an eagletac d25 i believe it is. and a 4sevena quark pro. both single aa lights. both are decent brightness for my goal at med-high mode. and the size is decent also, but my main two goals would be having it powered by a wall socket (so it can run continuosly) and having a focused high quality light. meaning neutral tint and even brightness. it doesn't have to be perfect, but the quark and d25 are good references.

i was thinking of making a wall plug that converts a flashlight to a wall powered light, but i'm not sure about the details and feasability of doing that and running a small light indefinitely. i also don't want to use my regular flashlights :-p. and a cheaper alternative would be nice.

is there any easy to make led light? i could make the mount and such, but i'd need a good led, power solution, and focuser diffuser or something. think along the lines of the old mag light focuser... or is there a cheap flashlight i could easily convert to wall power?

or lastly, perhaps a small wall powered bullet style lamp that focuses a decent quality beam?

Default Re: need a focused beam

I think you will get better response over in the "Fixed Lighting" forum .... Thread moved
    ... is the archimedes peak

thanks. i wasn't sure where to put it. :-P

No problem. The topic is sort of overlapping, but it seems that a fixed light solution is what you are wanting ...

Have you seen the Lux-RC FX30?
    Last edited by archimedes; 05-19-2017 at 01:12 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

that's almoat exactly the sort of thing i was hoping for. but i can't find the price or any available anywhere. also, it doesn't seem adjustable and possibly too bright?it looks a lot brighter than say my eagletac. i'd have to try one i guess... but where? :-p anything similar?