• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Old Zebralight's

fonfan

Enlightened
Looking for Zebralight in good condition:
SC30 H501 H60 H30 H50 SC60 SC80 SC31 H31 H51 H52 and "w" "c" "d" etc.

Mattz68

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, I might part with my H51c...in great condition, awesome tint -still the best I've experienced in the led world. Just not using it very much because of my new h600cfw. Would probably ask 50$ though. -Matt. (F.y.i. -I have a h600w for sale with the no longer produce "4200k" tint -in the F.S. Section)

alphazeta

Enlightened
Your H60 will be shipped tomorrow via USPS Priority mail #9405803699300465795503

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who's turn is it to post pics? Come on guys spice it up a bit

I'll add my spice, and give a free bump. Some old, some new, all awesome. Also not for sale, but come on, someone's got some lights they want to move.

bee1lbO.jpg

Mattj96

Newly Enlightened
I'll add my spice, and give a free bump. Some old, some new, all awesome. Also not for sale, but come on, someone's got some lights they want to move.

bee1lbO.jpg
Did you have one deanodized? That's cool!

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you have one deanodized? That's cool!

Yes and no. I didn't do it, I bought it already stripped. And apparently its changed hands a few times because the person I bought from didn't know its history either. I suspect it was chemically stripped, oven cleaner or something, because the threads and ridges and tailcap textures are still perfect, no sign of mechanical buffing, but there's no trace of ano left anywhere. Its really cleanly done. Whoever did it would've had to at least remove the rubber switch though, probably the lens too, so that the rubber wouldn't dissolve and the chrome press rings wouldn't be etched by the acid, so it was not a small undertaking. I've taken apart enough Zebras (read: one) to know its a real pita to do without breaking something. They're not designed to be disassembled. So while I enjoy my rare naked Zebra, I'm not inclined to try stripping one myself.

Close-up, just for fun:
SnJOJ9V.jpg

Mattj96

Newly Enlightened
Yes and no. I didn't do it, I bought it already stripped. And apparently its changed hands a few times because the person I bought from didn't know its history either. I suspect it was chemically stripped, oven cleaner or something, because the threads and ridges and tailcap textures are still perfect, no sign of mechanical buffing, but there's no trace of ano left anywhere. Its really cleanly done. Whoever did it would've had to at least remove the rubber switch though, probably the lens too, so that the rubber wouldn't dissolve and the chrome press rings wouldn't be etched by the acid, so it was not a small undertaking. I've taken apart enough Zebras (read: one) to know its a real pita to do without breaking something. They're not designed to be disassembled. So while I enjoy my rare naked Zebra, I'm not inclined to try stripping one myself.

Close-up, just for fun:
SnJOJ9V.jpg
That's awesome. I have heard they are terribly difficult to disassemble. Shame, would love to see a sc5vn...

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's awesome. I have heard they are terribly difficult to disassemble. Shame, would love to see a sc5vn...

They're really not that hard if you're not afraid to replace parts. I modded my SC80 to have a Nichia 219b. Its such a cool older light and Zebra's done nothing similar to it in years, so I wanted to do my part to bring it up to date, so to speak. I kinda gave up getting it apart cleanly though and just busted the lens out. Once that was done it came apart easily, and finding a replacement lens wasn't too difficult. Doing something like an output bump may be harder though, just because Zebra's drivers are so complicated. I'm good with a sense resistor swap or something simple for bumping output, but much past that and I'm over my head. So I left the driver alone in there.

I'm really tempted to tear into my S6330 and get rid of those old angry blue XM-L's, but that thing would be very hard to replace if I destroyed it....