RMSK, Inc.        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Product Announcement - Nitecore Concept 1 C1 1800 Lumen Compact Flashlight

Default New Product Announcement - Nitecore Concept 1 C1 1800 Lumen Compact Flashlight

Nitecore Concept 1 C1 1800 Lumen LED Flashlight

CREE XHP35 HD E2 LED emits up to 1800 lumens output
    Uses 1x IMR18650 battery
    Single button user interface
    Compact and lightweight for EDC

Use coupon code CPF15OFF to save 15% at checkout

Default Re: New Product Announcement - Nitecore Concept 1 C1 1800 Lumen Compact Flashlight

Haven't bought a Nitecore in a while...may be time to fix that.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Default Re: New Product Announcement - Nitecore Concept 1 C1 1800 Lumen Compact Flashlight

This is going to be my second Nitecore product.

This item has an irresistible size/power ratio in its size classification. Most power for size. For me, that alone is a show starter.

I can always run any light at medium mode for medium heat generation and medium run time. How exciting can that be? I am getting more and more excited about this item.
    Acebeam two X65Vn, X45vn70.2. Eagletac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fenix TK75vnQ70. Manker MK34Vn XPL.
    Nitecore TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Noctigon Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Thrunite TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Please describe the switch action.

Tail cap lockout ?
    Parasitic drain ?
    Looks like a nice light.

Default New Product Announcement - Nitecore Concept 1 C1 1800 Lumen Compact Flashlight

On second thought, better not said.
    Last edited by Ozythemandias; 05-23-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlight’s potential, not sure where it got it’s popularity. - DB Customs

Wait a cotton pickin minute, a Screwed On Clip!!!??? That is awesome! Finally! I will probably order one just because of the clip.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Nice looking light. Looking forward to a review on this one for sure. Hopefully a NW rendition...

Coupon code is not working.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Coupon code not working for me either...

I'm so sorry you were having trouble - it should be working now.

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    Please describe the switch action.
    The switch action is indescribable? What a Concept.

Code is working, Preorder placed, thank you!

They have the manual online. Here's the Link.

Interesting design. Not too cool with the UI tho... especially the part where changing brightness involves turning the light off.

It SOUNDS like the switch is just a normal push button.

Quote Originally Posted by eekazum View Post
    They have the manual online. Here's the Link.

Interesting design. Not too cool with the UI tho... especially the part where changing brightness involves turning the light off.

It SOUNDS like the switch is just a normal push button.
    Thanks for the link.

"pressing and holding"

Wondering what the pedestrian philips type screw is for... Is it a pivoting switch?

I just received the Concept 1. I like the size and the output. I still adapting myself to the mode change/ switching method. I dislike smooth rubber type side switch cos i had problem in pressing it when needed. My initial thought of the metal side switch should be able to solve my issue.

Mine shipped today!!!! ANTICIPATION.........
    HUG YOUR DOG!

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    Thanks for the link.

"pressing and holding"

Wondering what the pedestrian philips type screw is for... Is it a pivoting switch?
    The switch is normal pivot swtich. The philips screws to hold the swtich in place only.

I don't like UI on changing brightness- need to turn light off and then recycle different mode from last mode used

Quote Originally Posted by cubebike View Post
    The switch is normal pivot swtich. The philips screws to hold the swtich in place only.

I don't like UI on changing brightness- need to turn light off and then recycle different mode from last mode used
    Thank You cubebike

Would you care to describe the beam; flood/hotspot, color temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by cubebike View Post
    Say What ?? have to turn light Off and then press-n-hold select brightness level and release to turn light on to desired level ? Sounds like a clicky but put on a side switch.
    How to like this kind of brightness switching method ?
    Oh no ... I preordered ....

I try my best to answer. - for me the hotspot showing creamy white color and bit of yellowish ( warm?) over the spill area. It has large hotspot and still very floody but somehow a bit ringy towards the edge and some near the hotspot.

It is very bright and gets very hot quickly. I think the ATR ( temp control) kicks in very soon and i can tell the output was constantly changing while it was on high / turbo mode.

I dont think i would pocket carry it unless i have inactivated it ( unscrew the tailcap by half a turn)cos the swtich was way too sensitive.

Imo the UI should be simplified - should be able to change mode anytime iso need to start from off . Also, the switch should have a lock/ stopper/lock-out features in order to aviod unintentional activation. With such high output and temperature, i would imagine the risk of getting burn or 🔥
    Last edited by cubebike; 06-13-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Bummer!

5 brightness levels are available. When the light is in standby status, hold down the side switch until the light enters the memorized brightness level from last time. Continue to hold down the switch to cycle through “Ultralow-low-mid-high-turbo”. Release the switch to select and memorize the current brightness level. To reselect brightness level, tap the switch once to turn off the light and hold down the switch to cycle through 5 brightness levels.

Man, I'm going to have a nightmare about this UI tonight.
    GOOD TINT!

If they could read my mind and make a light with the UI that I want, and if they then gave it to me to try, how long would it take for me to find three things that I don't like about it?

UI fan I am not. I select a light based on exciting power to size ratio, and useful beam profile. This light has these things. I know that if I can find the button, I can turn it on and turn it off, and do other things, as the UI permits. I know that lots of flashlight enthusiasts have begged the manufacturers to supply that particular UI, and that lots of flashlight enthusiasts have screamed at manufacturers to stop making that same particular UI. I just have to remember which light requires what action on my part to get from max to low and from low to max.

I know that different classes of led hand-held flashlights have different UIs, due to different classes of flashlight enthusiasts screaming at the manufacturers louder than I ever will.
    Acebeam two X65Vn, X45vn70.2. Eagletac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fenix TK75vnQ70. Manker MK34Vn XPL.
    Nitecore TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Noctigon Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Thrunite TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Mine is on the way. Excited. Reading about the UI reminded me of something I discovered yesterday. As I was evaluating my new Brass Ant by Lumintop, I put it side by side with my Titanium Tool. UI's could not be more different or opposite, yet in real life I can use either light without any problem even though they are radically different. I expect the Concept C1 to be no different....

Maybe I am sticking up for the light because I have one on order - but to me I like the sound of the UI because no tricky click click click to get this or that (like zebra's - this will stir the fanboys) just preselect a medium output for turning on and off, simple! - but it still has shortcut's to turbo and low anyway if you want.... to me for work lights are a tool and you just want them to work and work now with easy on and off - also when you have to lend your light out people they won't change settings on you or strobe themselves, then trying to explain what they have done, take it off them fix it hand it back.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Bummer!

5 brightness levels are available. When the light is in standby status, hold down the side switch until the light enters the memorized brightness level from last time. Continue to hold down the switch to cycle through “Ultralow-low-mid-high-turbo”. Release the switch to select and memorize the current brightness level. To reselect brightness level, tap the switch once to turn off the light and hold down the switch to cycle through 5 brightness levels.

Man, I'm going to have a nightmare about this UI tonight.
    So it's press and hold to turn on, which is good as it reduces the chance of accidental activation, and click to turn off. Sounds good so far. Press and hold after first turn on to cycle through modes. That's ok, though some have preference for the sequencing: go into the next higher mode, or always start cycling from the lowest. But then to cycle through the modes again, now you have to first click it off and then press and hold? Why?! This is where it makes no sense. Might be a bug. What happens when you press and hold a second time without first clicking it off?
    -You and others like you might be the reason lights aren't (even) better made.
    -Wider head for even more throw. Wow. That's new.
    -Nope. Not exceeding my expectations. You barely even meet them.

As time goes on, it seems like UIs are getting worse instead of improving. It seems like it would be the easiest thing to improve compared to physical limitations like lumens, heat management, etc.

With a switch already sticking out of the body like this, it would have been cool to make it a "sliding" switch with infinite adjustability, or with defined 'clicks' if they wanted to stick with a few preset modes. Not sure that would be easily waterproofed, though.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    As time goes on, it seems like UIs are getting worse instead of improving. It seems like it would be the easiest thing to improve compared to physical limitations like lumens, heat management, etc.

With a switch already sticking out of the body like this, it would have been cool to make it a "sliding" switch with infinite adjustability, or with defined 'clicks' if they wanted to stick with a few preset modes. Not sure that would be easily waterproofed, though.
    Magnetic slide switch!
    -You and others like you might be the reason lights aren't (even) better made.
    -Wider head for even more throw. Wow. That's new.
    -Nope. Not exceeding my expectations. You barely even meet them.

NOW IN STOCK ─ The new Nitecore Concept 1 (C1) is now available for immediate shipping @ NitecoreStore.com !!!

Okay, so i got the flashlight. First Impressions:

- its very bright, comparable intensity to my Nitecore MT26, but with a bigger hotspot.
    - the button UI is a bit weird but i've gotten used to it
    - the button rattles side to side a bit too much for my liking. Maybe tightening the screw to increase the tension might help?
    - hotspot is large and smooth but the center of the hotspot has a pronounced yellow spot. It's like im looking at a sunny side up egg, but with a very small yolk. Is this normal?
    - The voltage indicator blinking after battery is installed is neat and useful.
    - For some reason the flashlight just shuts off when i used a nearly fully charged battery (flashlight indicates 4.1v). Works at min brightness but when i try to ramp it up, it just flashes and turns off and never turns back on again until i reinstall the battery.
    - When using a more depleted battery (flashlight indicating 3.5v), the flashlight works as expected.

For reference, both batteries i used are Eagletac 3100mah 18650 3.7v 11.5wh battery (red/white color).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast