Jetbeam        
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213

Thread: The vintage California cop light company thread

Default Re: The vintage California cop light company thread

Hey now! Very nice! Did you score that low serial Vari-Beam too?? It's one of the few lights I am really really sad to have missed out on.

The Vari-Beams were anodized in Standard Blue but Standard Blue changed to a much darker color in 1990. The old Standard Blue then was brought back as a Sky Blue, Shimmer Blue or Ice Blue on the 1992+ Panther Lights.

I have pics of most of these finishes on my bog at: http://maglitehistory.blogspot.com/2...d-panther.html

Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    Hey now! Very nice! Did you score that low serial Vari-Beam too?? It's one of the few lights I am really really sad to have missed out on.

The Vari-Beams were anodized in Standard Blue but Standard Blue changed to a much darker color in 1990. The old Standard Blue then was brought back as a Sky Blue, Shimmer Blue or Ice Blue on the 1992+ Panther Lights.

I have pics of most of these finishes on my bog at: http://maglitehistory.blogspot.com/2...d-panther.html
    No I did not bid that 4C Vari-Beam. I regret the decision I made. I have no special interest with serial number but when I receive that 2C Vari-Beam I really like that blue and silver combination. I like that sky blue so much!

I tried to take a better picture. It's of a Midnight Blue, 1990+ Standard Blue Mini Mag, Vari-Beam and an Ice Blue 2D. I'm not the greatest at taking pics but I think the Midnight blue is a dark purple. The Standard Blue is a royal blue. The Vari-Beams have a couple different shades. I have about a dozen total, about 4 of which are brand new. Some match the Ice Blue exactly and some are a little darker. Hope this helps!!

Got a used blue AA on Ebay but I think it is royal blue and darker than the Vari-Beam's sky blue.
    So here is a fake Vari-Beam AA

Very nice! Only a handful of AA Vari-Beams were made at the end of Vari-Beam production and the beginning of Mini Maglite production in 1984. I've heard less than 1,000 total. I only know of one in existence and I've been trying to buy it for the last couple of years.

I think I have some very good, rare, interesting additions set to arrive this week that hopefully I'll have time to post. They came from the estate of someone who was most certainly a member on here and lived in either New Hampshire or Vermont. He had a large collection of lights mostly Surefire and Fivemega but a couple odd Mags and Kel-Lites too. Maybe someone can help me identify him when I get the lights in.

Maglite Magcharger Halogen
    Nothing special, but still a California cop light
    I have 3 with single mode (RX1019) and 1 with multi mode (RE1019)

I have never seen an incandescent flashlight comes with the function of adjusting brightness and strobe... Maybe this is the only one?

RX1019 @2002

RX1019 @2005 and RE1019 @2011

You see the difference of the Halogen lamps?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213