Fenix SE10 Intrinsically Safe Light

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a RIPOFF !!!! I had the Streamlight Propoly 3xAA and 4xAA for years. I even had the original one with the Lux led. Fenix looks the same even the color. Outrageous. Streamlight is ingenious design and extremely reliable. Streamlight even calls them intrinsically safe. Fenix has absolutely no shame !!! I never liked Fenix, now I totally despise them.

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless maybe they have a license from Streamlight. But I had a ton of 3xAA and 4xAA format and is very difficult to get it right. I do have the Pelican 3310 and the battery setup is not as good as Steamlight. For Fenix to get it right I doubt it unless is a copy or under license. Streamlight solution is genius.

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting - why the poor run time versus performance, I wonder?

pc_light

Enlightened
Specs indicate the SE10 is using the Cree XP-E2 R3. I wonder why Fenix didn't take the opportunity to upgrade the emitter to the latest generation?

I upgraded my 10-yr old SL 4-AA Poly Pro from Lux III to a XM-L2 and I'm pretty sure that old thing puts out way more lumens for longer and throws farther than 1.3x (4xAA vs 3xAA) ) the new 3-AA's specs.

M3taal

Newly Enlightened
Unless maybe they have a license from Streamlight. But I had a ton of 3xAA and 4xAA format and is very difficult to get it right. I do have the Pelican 3310 and the battery setup is not as good as Steamlight. For Fenix to get it right I doubt it unless is a copy or under license. Streamlight solution is genius.

I do know of Fenix that they have taken licences on at least one other model from the original manufacturer, wouldn't be surprised if they dealt with this the same way and just payed up for the design.