AAA keychain lights that don't twist?

ank

Newly Enlightened
Are there any small keychain lights that don't require twisting to operate, and have buttons instead?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
aaa clicky are great, but a tailswitch on a keychain is not that great. You got the splitrings and keys in the way of the switch. So for keycain, i dont use a rear clicky.

ven

Flashaholic
Agree with Jorn, key chain wise clicky switches are not always ideal........I found with the TOOL ti, several accidental activation's, even a blat flattery through it once. For now a simple single mode twisty just works fine.

Generally though(EDC wise) the TOOL does offer good value, here are a few different flavours(all nichia bar 1)

ank

Newly Enlightened
I read that the lumintop tool has both twist and clicky? How is that possible and how does it work? Do I have to untwist it for the clicky to work?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read that the lumintop tool has both twist and clicky? How is that possible and how does it work? Do I have to untwist it for the clicky to work?

You can buy a magnetic tailcap that replaces the clicky and turns the light into a twisty

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any small keychain lights that don't require twisting to operate, and have buttons instead?
If you are interested in keychain lights that are USB rechargeable and do not use AAA:
click here to see what I gave my non flashoholic college kid.. Recommended.

Last edited:

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tried most of the small lights, if you can handle something a little larger, I think the Muyshondt Aeon Mk. lll ti CR2 is perfect.

And easy to use too.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the flavors of the Tool except the Ti have a rear clicky switch. If one doesn't want to use the rear clicky, the head can be twisted back and forth to make and break contact the same as if the tail switch had been used. Also, if the rear switch is replaced by the magnetic end cap, which doesn't have a switch, then twisting the head is the only way to turn on and off and switch modes.

As far as using on a key ring, I use a very small (less than 1" diameter) split ring on the light, then a larger split ring to actually fasten the light to the keychain. That allows enough flexibility to easily reach the rear switch, and the small split ring is too small to activate the switch accidentally. If the lanyard hole is large enough, one could also use one of the flexible cable key chains to fasten the light with the same result.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you are interested in keychain lights that are USB rechargeable and do not use AAA:
click here to see what I gave my non flashoholic college kid.. Recommended.
Personally, I have a Tube on one key ring, and a TIP CRI on the other, and they work fine.

WubenLight

Banned
If AA/14500 is an option, ReyLight is a good choice. Nichia 219C, moon mode. Titanium.
QQ20170524092259_zps20pftuvn.jpg