High lumen flashlight trail run in spider-man shorts.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
It has finally gotten hot enough to dump the extra clothes and hit the bear and tick infested trails at night. Due to this being done on the fly sorry for the cell phone pics. Did over 7 miles of running. Malkoff M91W in a Solarforce host using 2X18560 3500 mAh keeppower lithium ion batters. This hog is hungry and needs POWER. This setup (add or subtract parts) can run 2X Lithium ion, 3X CR123, 3X lithium ion and 4XAA.

Wearing just the spider-man shorts. With the increasing number of bear attacks....well there was one the other day this is a great bear defense as nothing born of nature would attack a Hungarian in spider-man shorts running at 11pm in the woods. Just not going to happen. Believe me on this.

12 volt drop-in floods the entire dirt road with warm/natural looking light. XM-L in a small reflector.

Closer range.

Bailing off the closed to traffic dirt road to side trails.

Lots of trout spotted. I am coming back with my Tenkara rod.

Heading back up to the dirt road.

Scampering up loose dirt is kinda tricky though nearly always easier than going down.

Just flying back.

Bats overhead but couldn't get a photo of them. Actual flashlight light no flash in any photo.

Done.

Bottom line you can have an adventure at any time. Doesn't matter if it's 10 pm. All you need to do is make the desions to GO. Or sit around and watch TV. It is up to you!

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you find the beam compared to the M61 series? Bigger spot with more flood? And is the range comparable?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Yes I was back out tonight for spider-man adventure. A little background on the gear.

M91W drop-in with extra spring.

Ready to go. I could change this out of the host for another option but this does nicely.

Setup for omnivore fun.

Using 2X 18650.

All ready to go. Remember charge and recharge batteries together. Use the same capacity and voltage batteries if using pairs.

Lanyard to keep from dropping the light not that much will break. The drop-in is potted and the host is kinda cheap so don't care if it gets banged around though so far it hasn't taken a good dive. Give it time...

Spider-man shorts again, nothing else cuz it was hot out. Truth be told would not run around like this in the day light. LOL!

Go!

Lots of late night bugs.

All done. Not a bad little run.

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
Is that spring Necessary to make it work with solar force host?