• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***SOLD*** Another Home Made Light

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my latest. I played with it for a couple of days and have decided to sell it. I suppose I just don't need it and it's a bit too big for my taste.

It was entirely turned from a piece of T6 6061 aluminum and has a brushed finish on it. This finish actually makes the light seem "sticky." They only parts on it that I didn't fabricate are the bezel ring, lens, circuit, LED, and kroll. The only ding on this light is on the bezel ring. The ding looks like it may have hit concrete, but it didn't go through the HA.

It is running a BadBoy that I biased for 1A. It has, what was supposed to be, a TWOK emitter in it. I bought a few of these because I grab them where ever and whenever I can. Being an emitter, it wasn't labeled, but I have no reason to distrust the CPFer that I bought them from; however, the color of the light seems to me to be more along the lines of a TWAK rather than a TWOK. It was built to run on a Pila 168S. It will run on a single 123 with the use of a dummy cell. Of couse, it's the only one like it, unless I decide to make another. In any case, there won't be more than a handful of these running around.

Here are some pics:

picture.JPG

As you can see, this is a big light. Well, bigger than the other two anyway. On the left is a light that I built to run on a Pila 150S cell and on the right is an L4. In the center is "the light" for sale.

Some other angles. I tried to capture the ding on the bezel ring, but I was not successful.

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

And some beam shots:

This one is from about 15 feet from a white wall.
picture.JPG

And this one is about 30 feet from a white wall.
picture.JPG

I'm asking $160 for this light, shipped via USPS Priority with delivery confirmation to the CONUS. If you want insurance, it'll be extra.

If you want it, post with an "I'll take it," then PM me and PayPal the appropriate amount to [email protected] with an account transfer. For credit cards, PM for details.

Some notes that I should add. This thing runs at 1A. Since the Lux is sinked right to the head, it heats up quick. It will also serve as a nice handwarmer. It ran for about an hour on the Pila 168S and it got very warm to hot, but never so hot that I couldn't hold it. I don't think that it got as hot as a stock L4. When I built this thing, I left it beefy. There's a lot of metal in it and it handle the heat well.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: Another Home Made Light

very attractive! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Hey Tony,

I like the way it flares out by the tailswitch. You been a real Lathe Meister lately, eh?

And I'm sure more will post as soon as they get back from Vegas (yes, ah'm stiyull hea!)...

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM sent.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Bulk,

How's it goin'? Yea, I like the flare thingy too. I need to incorporate a lanyard attachment though. I just don't have my milling attachment yet. I was going for it, but decided that I need the 7X14 bed for my lathe even more. The flare does help you to keep a grip on the light though.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it.
PM sent.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Chop. You have mail, PM and PP.
mut

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got it today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Let me say that the pictures in no way do it justice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
This thing is BEAUtiful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif
Thank you Chop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
mut/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif