*new* Fenix EC52

proceed5

Enlightened
Thanks KJ2 for the insights.
Oh goodness Fenix, that EC52 looks an almost exact copy of a Nitecore's EC4 range of flashlights !!

markr6

Flashaholic
Oh goodness Fenix, that EC52 looks an almost exact copy of a Nitecore's EC4 range of flashlights !!

It sure does! Hopefully it won't have a 402.31 gigaamp parasitic drain like the Nitecore.

proceed5

Enlightened
It sure does! Hopefully it won't have a 402.31 gigaamp parasitic drain like the Nitecore.
Yup hope so too.

I viewed the video again and if one notices toward the end of the video, the EC52's battery compartment seemed to be bolted in with 4 screws (hope this is a preproduction prototype)

hahoo

Enlightened
that style of light is so ugly to me, i cant look at it but a few seconds...
sry if this offends anybody....

Loverofthelight

Newly Enlightened
Re: *new* Fenix UC52

EC52? I think it should be UC52 belongs to Fenix UC series, with built-in battery/batteries, judging from the apperance. :thinking:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks like the same light I pointed out in one of the pics Fenix posted on their Facebook page. I was hoping they would answer what it was but they didn't. I like the looks of it but it sure does look like it relies heavily on the styling of the EC4, although I know it will be much better quality. Hopefully it will be offered in NW and does not take a proprietary battery.

playwithme

Newly Enlightened
Wow! Incredible! Is Fenix going to make a new series? Never heard of this news before