Shipping Charger During HeatWave

mightysparrow

Enlightened
I intend to order a charger that will need to be shipped from the retailer in California to me on the east coast of the USA. Should I worry about the risk of damage to the charger components from the heat generated inside the delivery vehicles during the current heatwave, as the product travels across the country? Temperatures are over 100 F. outside in parts of the west, which means I am assuming that temperatures inside the vehicles will be considerably higher than that.

I realize that chargers normally heat up to above 100 F. during their routine operation - or at least the cells heat up that high. But I'm thinking that the temperatures inside the trucks could be considerably higher than that. Could this be harmful to the charger, or should I just order the darn charger and stop worrying about it? Thanks in advance for your replies.

mightysparrow

Enlightened
Do you not have anything more serious to worry about in your life, You charger will be fine, Dont Worry.

John.

Yes, I actually do have more serious things to worry about, to answer your question.

As a side note to demonstrate the futility of trying to plan and carry out any shipping strategy, I ordered two Li-ion cells from a vendor just a few states away from me on June 20. I paid extra for Priority Mail two-day shipping, so the cells wouldn't be moving around in the heat any longer than necessary. The package arrived at the Post office at the point of origin on June 21. It is now June 29, and the package is even farther away from me than it was originally - according to the latest tracking information available online. I believe I'll be using the free shipping option from now on.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read about the heat wave. People doing BBQ and pizza on the road.

Crazy temperatures!

markr6

Flashaholic
Nothing to worry about IMO. Who knows where/when/how long the unit sat in a warehouse or shipping container overseas after being manufactured (if not the US). Then in a mail/UPS truck...just about anywhere in the US in the summer the temp inside there can be brutal when sunny. But I get it, I'm usually an over-thinker!

mightysparrow

Enlightened
Nothing to worry about IMO. Who knows where/when/how long the unit sat in a warehouse or shipping container overseas after being manufactured (if not the US). Then in a mail/UPS truck...just about anywhere in the US in the summer the temp inside there can be brutal when sunny. But I get it, I'm usually an over-thinker!

Thank you for responding in a polite way to my question.

Latest posts