NEXTORCH        

Thread: Philips +60's Halogen Bulbs

Default Philips +60's Halogen Bulbs

Hi,
    I'm about to replace the low and high beam bulbs in my dad's '01 Subaru Outback ( 2 x H7 low, 2 x H1U hi ). The poly lens' are still clear and craze free, although undoubtedly not as good as new. They come up very clear with a good silicone polish, and the vehicle is always garaged when not used. My question is, as a slightly better replacement than OE bulbs, will the Philips +60's fit the bill? I am leaning to Philips simply because of the excellent run I have had out of their XtremeVision +100's in H7 and H4 versions, but I would not be opposed to a set of equivalent Osrams or Narva's if anyone thinks they are a better bulb.
    Cheers and thanks.

Default Re: Philips +60's Halogen Bulbs

Why not use the Philips +100 or +130 or the Osram +110 or the GE/Tungsram +120 H7s?
    (Also, the high beam is an H1, there's no such bulb as "H1U". The "U" just means the bulb glass blocks UV light.)

Quote Originally Posted by -Virgil- View Post
    Why not use the Philips +100 or +130 or the Osram +110 or the GE/Tungsram +120 H7s?
    (Also, the high beam is an H1, there's no such bulb as "H1U". The "U" just means the bulb glass blocks UV light.)
    Thanks for the info. I had heard of H1. I didn't realise that the 'U' stood for that ( we learn every day ). Now to talk Dad into a few more dollars for a good upgrade bulb.
    While I have your attention Virgil, or Alaric, would you be able to enlighten me on the +'s and -'s of these bulbs, and whether they are a worthwhile step over the XtremeVision 100's and 130's. Many thanks again.

https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/store/...s-racingvision

Quote Originally Posted by harro View Post
    While I have your attention Virgil, or Alaric, would you be able to enlighten me on the +'s and -'s of these bulbs, and whether they are a worthwhile step over the XtremeVision 100's and 130's.
    + : Better beam focus meaning more light where you need it and less light in the glare zone. Higher filament luminance giving more beam punch. Better lumen maintenance throughout bulb life.

- : Shorter bulb life.
    Last edited by Alaric Darconville; 07-04-2017 at 05:50 AM.

Many thanks sir.