NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: Engine swap?

Enlightened

Question Engine swap?

Is it possible? I know optic lenses can be, but how about the pills?

I couldn't decide which one I wanted, so I bought an amber 70 patina & a red 35 satin; I'd really prefer the amber LED In the 35 so I can sell off the red 70...

Anyone??
    Damon

"Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives." -- John Adams

Default Re: Engine swap?

Quote Originally Posted by dbwebbsr View Post

I couldn't decide which one I wanted, so I bought an amber 70 patina & a red 35 satin; I'd really prefer the amber LED In the 35 so I can sell off the red 70...

Anyone??
    B.O.S.S. does not have a removable pill, it is integrated into the head. outside of selling them both and getting an amber 35, you could polish them both, then just swap heads, but I think you'd be better off selling the 70 Patina on secondary market.

I thought the BOSS boards were replaceable?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...al-Mode-Groups

Quote Originally Posted by euroken View Post
    I thought the BOSS boards were replaceable?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...al-Mode-Groups
    Yes, boards are replaceable but not as easily as removing a pill/engine as is possible in other lights.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbrat View Post
    Yes, boards are replaceable but not as easily as removing a pill/engine as is possible in other lights.
    Ah, I see. Wondering if we'll have to send the light in to replace the boards for future upgrades. Thanks for that info!

Quote Originally Posted by dbwebbsr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbrat View Post
    Correct. Once the optic is removed, the only things holding the board in are thermal paste and two wires. But its not indented to be 'user removable' and can be easily damaged during the process. Swaps involve two removals and two installs, increasing the risk 4x. Much easier to sell the head/light and buy the one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by euroken View Post
    Ah, I see. Wondering if we'll have to send the light in to replace the boards for future upgrades. Thanks for that info!
    We're still planning this out. It will be years before new hardware is needed. But new software / firmware may be available before then. If so, this could be installed with connection to the pins (no board removal).
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com