Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Klarus 14500UR75 USB-rechargeable battery

Default Klarus 14500UR75 USB-rechargeable battery

interesting. a tiny bit shorter than a standard AA (way shorter than a protected Sanyo UR14500P like the Evva shown)

yet it clocks in at just above the advertised capacity. 776mAh @ 0.5A discharge current. despite the smaller-sized li-ion cell (electronics take up quite a bit of space)

Default Re: Klarus 14500UR75 USB-rechargeable battery

More importantly it has a protruding plus terminal
    ~ bitterness about poor quality remains long after sweetness of low price is forgotten ~

Nice, I think i will get a couple of the Klarus 16340UR70 700mAh size to go in my Olight S10, They are around £6 each on Amazon so not too bad.

John.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett.

i was expecting to get 400-ish mAh from the shorter cell...

I love these, and their 16340 brothers. Great for travel as you need not bring a full charger, only a cable.
    --------------------
    He is the light!

Interesting that they manage 750+ mAh despite the smaller cell due to the electronics.

Based on the pictures it can be put into a charger even though it has USB charging circuitry built in? Or was that just for a discharge test?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
    Interesting that they manage 750+ mAh despite the smaller cell due to the electronics.
    Thanks to the higher energy density of Li-ion.

Quote Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
    Based on the pictures it can be put into a charger even though it has USB charging circuitry built in? Or was that just for a discharge test?
    I have no experience with the Klarus, but usually you can only discharge from the main terminals. Charging must be done using the integrated charger powered by the usb port.

Beware that batteries like this supply constant voltage so device fuel gauges and low battery warnings won't work (but some models do drop the voltage just before they are empty to try to enable low-battery warnings).