Fitorch        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimate TRI EDC Brass Now Shipping!

Default Re: Ultimate TRI EDC Brass Now Available!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    Are there any updates on ETA?

Iíve not heard anything yet. That is typical though, there have been times when this machines has shipped finish parts to me without even emailing etc first I will shoot him a message next week though and see where we are at. As far as I know we are still on track for 9/15.
    Ozzy, apparently yesterday rather than clicking reply and typing my response I hit "edit post" Hence the reason there are a string of words in your comment you didn't put there.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    Have you considered using an H17F driver in this light? Will it even fit? I like the idea of programmable modes more than the preset mode groups, and I think it would be worth the cost difference if the H17F works.
    Dan, I've not tried it, but I don't thin it will fit. I think with the head tightened down those 7135 chips on the bottom would hit the light body.
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    FS: Everyday Carry Lights Upgrades for Maglite.

Hey Matt, I sent you a PM. Let me know if it's not too late to have mine nude... with no clip or clip holes. Thanks!

Bump.

We're getting close!

In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Haha I see mine... top left... no clip holes!

Those look nice!! Makes me think I need to polish mine - although it has developed a pretty solid patina. Looks like some old timey ship parts. Haha

Man this is exciting!!! My first brass custom
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlightís potential, not sure where it got itís popularity. - DB Customs

I got a shipping notification from ASF today.

The excitement builds!

Christo Pull Hair Re: Ultimate TRI EDC Brass Now Available!

I just got mine and it looks great. Only problem is I forgot to order a battery( mistakenly thought it was 18350 powered) and I haven't found the 1 14500 battery I have!!
    Last edited by Zandar; 10-05-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Mine just arrived too!

Wow!

It is nicely finished, and the threads are butter smooth. The brass feels hefty and solid in the hand.

I got the Nichia version and the temp is nice and warm, just like I like it.

THANKS Matt!!!!!!!

Hi I am tempted to get one of these. Has anyone got some pictures of the different LEDís and also whatís the OTF Lumens per different LED?

Beautiful work Matt! Looks great, feels good in hand, the mode spacing is excellent, and it's bright!

And no clip holes

Here are a few shots for size comparison.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thank you all so much for the kind words!!! It really means a lot.

Those of you who now have this light if you would like to leave feedback on Youtube in addition to CPF that would be much appreciated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlvfbx8wEwk

Quote Originally Posted by d13avo View Post
    Hi I am tempted to get one of these. Has anyone got some pictures of the different LEDís and also whatís the OTF Lumens per different LED?
    Here are the 3 tints side by side. V3 1B, V3 3A, Nichia 219C

Just now I tested a random sample of each of the 3 for output at 30 seconds
    V3 1B=1536 lumen
    V2 3A=1454 lumen
    219 90 cri=1010 lumen

I got mine and it's beautiful!

Honestly, I didn't expect to like it. On paper and in photos it appears large and heavy, especially for a 14500 light. Surprisingly (to me) in hand it's super comfortable and the way the body is machined it feels much thinner than it looks. The 14500 also does wonders for weight reduction, for a solid brass light it's much lighter than expected. The machine finish is really cool, I cant wait for some patina to develop.

The tint of the 219c is beautiful of course, I do plan on installing a 10511 Carlco to minimize artifacts. The bezel seems to bee deeper than needed functionally, but aesthetically it makes sense. The machining is impeccable! Threads are wonderfully smooth and the grip rings are sharp enough to aide in grip but flat enough to be unnoticeable and comfortable. I cant describe how good the machining and build quality is. there's some $350+ custom triples that are put to shame by this.

Clip is Oveready, cant ask for more. Tail switch seems to protrude a tad more than it should, it tailstands, but a dropppp wobbly. Great tactile feedback on the switch! Just the right amount of travel and click. The custom driver is really neat and Guppydrv is great. I would prefer something more programmable like Luci2 but Program #18 is good enough for me. Came with a bonus Christian tract which was weird but OK Gotta respect a man that is passionate about his beliefs.

Other than the switch boot height (about a mil or two off) this light is pretty much perfect. I'd love another one with a titanium body & bezel and a copper heatsink. Would be even lighter but perform better with regards to thermal management. should look good too.

All I can say is congrats Matt! Your foray into the world of custom EDC lights is a resounding success and a steal at the price. I cant wait to see what else you come up with,
    Last edited by Ozythemandias; 10-06-2017 at 03:33 PM.
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlightís potential, not sure where it got itís popularity. - DB Customs

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    ... I'd love another one with a titanium body & bezel and a copper heatsink. Would be even lighter but perform better with regards to thermal management. should look good too....
    Please let me know when this is coming out ...
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Please let me know when this is coming out ...
    I'll take one too! Love my brassy!

Quote Originally Posted by vestureofblood View Post
    Thank you all so much for the kind words!!! It really means a lot.

Those of you who now have this light if you would like to leave feedback on Youtube in addition to CPF that would be much appreciated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlvfbx8wEwk

Here are the 3 tints side by side. V3 1B, V3 3A, Nichia 219C

Just now I tested a random sample of each of the 3 for output at 30 seconds
    V3 1B=1536 lumen
    V2 3A=1454 lumen
    219 90 cri=1010 lumen
    Thank you for all the info. I am even more confused now I want all three. Choices, choices.

This is just a great light especially for the price. And the best part is it's 100% Wimmer tested and approved, so you know it's a quality light. Buy with confidence, , Yes I do own one and I love it! Thanks Matt!
    Last edited by Zandar; 10-07-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    This is just a great light especially for the price. And the best part is it's 100% Wimmer tested and approved, so you know it's a quality light. Buy with confidence, , Yes I do own one and I love it! Thanks Matt!
    and no animals were harmed during testing.

Got mine a couple of days ago and posted several places, just not here. So checking in to say mine's awesome and I love it. Been carrying it exclusively for a couple of days now. Its a great "edc" size and a beautiful light, impeccably made. I love it.

Mine does already have a couple of mods, just cause I can't leave well enough alone I swapped a 10511 optic in, just my personal preference, and I built a lighted two-color tailcap for it (orange/white). Its a great light.

Cool mods Mark!

Default Re: Ultimate TRI EDC Brass Now Shipping!

Are these still available as I have been trying to purchase but unable? Have sent messages but have had no response.

Have another go, maybe with a different browser.
    I just went to the link on the first post as was able to add it to my cart no problem.
    P

Been trying all over the weekend and messaged sports flashlights. I can add to cart and go all the way to payment. Select PayPal and it states thereís a problem with my address. I selected international priority at $46. Are these not available to me who resides in the UK

All sorted now, Matt was very kind in responding and giving me his direct paypal information. All paid and cannot wait to receive this great looking flashlight.

Thank you for your patience. Another person reported a cart issue this year as well. I still have not been able to figure out what the hang up is. I do appreciate you letting me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12