Index of reviewed chargers with parameters

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have wanted to make this index for a long time, now I got the time. It contains most of the chargers I have tested/reviewed listed with a couple of parameters. There are different versions of the index, the first one contains all the chargers, the other ones are filtered in some way.
To ask questions about a specific charger, find the review here on CPF (They are all posted here) and post the question in that thread.

There is probably a couple of errors in the list, I will fix them as fast as I find them or is notified about them.

I could not post the index directly here, but only an image. Click on the image to go to the real index.

Last edited:

Bourbon City

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your hard work in putting this together. I know this will be helpful to me as well as other people who are new to battery chargers.

cactus man

Newly Enlightened
I also thank you for all your reviews and work..
I am surprised as to how many products are out there today compared to 5-6 years ago.

When Tesla introduces a new battery design I wonder what will happen to the flashlights that
the 18650 lithium-ion battery supports?

Cactus Man

geokite

Newly Enlightened
Well, that made shopping for a new charger really easy. Much appreciated!!

Steve

HKJ

Flashaholic
Excellent list, but without price information, usability is quite low.

Depends on who uses, it is possible to find a short list of interesting chargers and then go check actual prices they can be bought to.

Arguments against including prices:
The vary depending on where in the world you live.
They change over time.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am missing a lot of Nitecore chargers, but just now I cannot do anything about it, I have too many other chargers in queue.
Nevertheless, your work is outstanding -- a perfect point to start from in buying batteries and chargers :)

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your hard work is greatly appreciated by all the flashlight lovers here on CPF and around the globe.

Thank you for all you do.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Just want to add my thanks to the many others for all the very valuable and hard work on batteries and chargers.

sbslider

Enlightened
Just want to add my thanks to the many others for all the very valuable and hard work on batteries and chargers.

x2 :thanks:

And to those who nitpick things they don't like, provide inputs you feel are important instead of whining . . . :mecry:

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of Soshine CR123A size Lifepo4 cells, But my LiitoKala Lii-100 charger and Soshine T2 dont seem to charge them fully to 3.6v and seem to stop around 3.4v, I have an Soshine H4 charger that charges them to 3.6v no problem.

These Soshine CR123A Lifepo4 cells say they are protected, and seem to have a low voltage cut out of around 2.4v i don't know if they have an overcharge cut out.

So what should these Soshine CR123A size Lifepo4 cells be charged to ??

Thanks

John.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have a couple of Soshine CR123A size Lifepo4 cells, But my LiitoKala Lii-100 charger and Soshine T2 dont seem to charge them fully to 3.6v and seem to stop around 3.4v, I have an Soshine H4 charger that charges them to 3.6v no problem.

These Soshine CR123A Lifepo4 cells say they are protected, and seem to have a low voltage cut out of around 2.4v i don't know if they have an overcharge cut out.

So what should these Soshine CR123A size Lifepo4 cells be charged to ??

LiFePO4 is charged to 3.6 volt, but voltage will drop to around 3.4 - 3.5 volt when you stop charging. The H4 is never terminating and forcing the battery to stay at 3.6V.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
LiFePO4 is charged to 3.6 volt, but voltage will drop to around 3.4 - 3.5 volt when you stop charging. The H4 is never terminating and forcing the battery to stay at 3.6V.

Yeah, Your are right, The cell i charged on the H4 and it tested at 3.6v is now showing 3.4v after being left for 30min.

Spot on as always :)

Thanks

John.

tripplec

Enlightened
Most of these I had not heard of, never the less this is excellent and certainly can be built upon. A column indicating whether its a pulse or constant current charger would be an asset.

I just opened up my SH4 since the power connection was intermittent. I thought the solder joint was broken but not so. It has to be a bad input jack. It works as long as I don't move it once its established a power connection. I certainly would bias to one of the 2 or 3 happy face rated ones which are know and available for Canada. It would certainly have to support the LiIon protected size.

Very well done putting that chart together and will help many in their selection.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Most of these I had not heard of, never the less this is excellent and certainly can be built upon. A column indicating whether its a pulse or constant current charger would be an asset.

That are many other things it could be interesting to include in the tables, it was rather difficult to keep it down to only the essential. If the table can help you locate a few interesting chargers, it is not too difficult to check the reviews for them (It is always recommended to read the review when you have found the charger you want).

tripplec

Enlightened
Yeah, I started reading some already linked in the table. Looking at the graphs in various tests of charging shows if its pulsing or not. They stop for a moment to sample the voltage and start a steady duration again. I assume the 4(2), implies there are 2 channels for the 4 slot charger. I did not see that mentioned but seems logical when I look at the max current for all slots filled info. A little extra studying to figure it out.

On another note I was surprised at the amount of circuitry in my SH4 charger I opened up to solder the power plug connection. Some others I had seen photos of had a lot less.

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all this hard work! Please review the FOLOMOV 3A per slot /8A total 4 cell charger so that I can decide between it and the XTAR Dragon! Thanks again, Mountains of work!