ArmyTek        
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: HDS High Noon Second Run interest thread

Flashaholic

Default Re: HDS High Noon Second Run interest thread

I agree with the frustrations voiced in this thread. I was part of the second run of the 4000K lights that stretched to a year and I am asking myself why I jumped into another special run expecting Henry to deliver on a given time when the previous run went ridiculously long and his MO is deliver far past predicted dates. I had planned to participate in the 3000K group buy after this, but now I don’t know.

I am glad that Henry is anal retentive about the quality of his products, but if he is getting bad product back from vendors so often that his production times are affected this often, maybe it’s time he looks for different vendors. It probably isn’t that simple, but as a customer and hearing of repeated extended delays due to manufacturing issues repeating over the course of years I start to have concerns about his choice of vendors.

I think my biggest concern in this is hearing about Henry’s attitude. When Kgp queried Henry about this run, Henry’s response made Kgp feel that Henry was annoyed, wasn’t interested in the group buy in the first place, and felt no sense of urgency. If that was what Henry meant to convey, that is unacceptable IMO.

To end on a positive note, I will say this - Hogo, I do not in any way consider this a failing of yours. I said it in the 4000K run and I still say it now. I appreciate you getting medieval on Henry's arse.

Flashaholic*

Default HDS High Noon Second Run interest thread

I too wish it were easier but unfortunately Henry relies on vendors to supply parts. I know it must be frustrating
    Last edited by usdiver; 03-01-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    Steve Bryant

I also agree. I have owned and traded many HDS lights some of which I have had to wait a long time to get. I have loved them all. And if it weren’t my favorite light ever, I wouldn’t be a part of this. I wish buying one were easier... Quicker...

And now, the end is near, and I face, a ton of shipping...

All should be in the mail within 2 weeks. That's Hogo two weeks, not a Henry two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    That's Hogo two weeks, not a Henry two weeks.

And Hogo's 2 weeks really is 2 weeks! I had my grubby little paws all over your High Noons today. They should all be finished being built on Monday, and the shipping will start before March 22 (which would be two weeks from when I posted "two weeks".

Now, if anyone has been enjoying the wait, I would be happy to hang on to yours longer... That's what I thought.
    Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 03-22-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Flashaholic

LMAO Hogo! I always enjoy your posts.

That is good news, indeed! Thanks for the update.

OK. So most of you should have gotten a shipping notification. If you didn't, don't panic, you will soon.
    17 of you have your lights already in the mail including 5 international customers.
    Some of you, and you know who you are, have more than one light in the box!
    I'm picking up the last of them at Henry's tonight.

Great!

Karl

Due tomorrow
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Arrived. Beautiful color! Now to see if I can get used to a larger light in my pocket.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

It was a painful 213 days since my order, but it has arrived! As with all HDS, great feeling light, great UI, unbeatable craftsmanship. After some quick comparisons to other lights, the high CRI along with the great beam pattern has the perceived brightness of other lights with double the lumens. I'm looking forward to more testing after sunset!

Oh yeah, awesome holster, fits like a glove. Thanks, Hogo!

Measurements to follow....at level 1, 6, 12, 18 and 24.

Using my new Sekonic C-7000 Spectrometer in a completely dark room, I obtained the following measurements from my just received High Noon. All level 24 thru level 12 measurements were taken with the light 6" from the sensor. Levels 6 and 1 were taken at 1" from the sensor.

Level 24 - High - "TCP" is Color temp in Kelvins and "RA" is CRI.

Level 18

Level 12

Level 6

Level 1

Last edited by BVH; 03-24-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Just got it! Very nice...as expected! Now, if I could only get a shim or two for my holsters...

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by karlthev View Post
    Just got it! Very nice...as expected! Now, if I could only get a shim or two for my holsters...

Karl
    Dang it! This always happens when mass shipping is going on. I get so caught up on making sure the right light goes to the right person... then am opening boxes back up to put the clip in or other accessories. I ALWAYS mess at least one up. Send me an email and I'll get them out this week.

My pocket dump when I got home today made me smile. Looks great with the Hogo holster and new high noon. Thanks again guys.

Pocket dump https://imgur.com/gallery/prGWG

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567