Maha c9000 - slot 1 finishes early

rrauenza

Newly Enlightened
I have a 5 yr old Maha C9000 that recently seems to have a problem with slot 1. It will say the battery is done, but if I move the battery (any battery) to another slot, it continues charging.

It might be the charger thinks the battery in slot 1 is at a higher voltage than it really is - although the FAQ does mention the voltage will show 1.6 briefly.

Anyone else seen this behavior? I was going to open it up and see if anything is obviously wrong inside.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure the contacts are clean but, Dying slots on the C9000 happens to everybody eventually, One of my slots would discharge but not charge, I bought a new C9000, Actually 2.

There is a hidden test menu, I dont think anybody has tried it, You could cause yourself more problems as you still have 3 working slots.

MAHA MH-C9000 "Hidden Test Menu"

John.

Kurt_Woloch

Enlightened
I have a 5 yr old Maha C9000 that recently seems to have a problem with slot 1. It will say the battery is done, but if I move the battery (any battery) to another slot, it continues charging.

Just for the record... how many cells have been charged in this slot in these 5 years before it failed? (May also have been the same cell, so how many cycles?)