• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

High CRI Diffused Penlight P20 - Klarus New Product Release!!!

klight

Enlightened

New Product Release: Klaruss Penlight P20

Klarus High CRI Diffused Penlight P20 is an extremely lightweight, 230 lumens compact pocket light that developed for multiple tasks for medical examination, repairs and inspections, daily use, everyday carry and outdoor, it is specially designed for doctors, engineers, professionals, sportsman, office EDC, outdoor trips.

The features of this pocket light are compact durable construction, exquisite design, nichia high CRI LED CRI≥90(5000K), zero blue ray damage to the eyes, high performance PMMA optical lens with 92% light transmission, light can be projected evenly on exam area, optimum beam output, mode memory function, and a user-friendly tailcap switch for single-handed operation. Complete control with one-touch on/one touch off/one-touch mode switch from the tail switch, convenient and easy to operate.

Penlight P20 is excellent as either a stylus light or as a pocket flashlight, and also a reliable backup light. The P20 Penlight works with 2 AAA Alkaline or Ni-MH batteries and has a runtime up to 193 hours with High-Medium-Low output mode.

Features for Penlight P20

• Nichia 219C LED, max output up to 230 lumens, max runtime up to 193 hours.
• High CRI (color rendering index) LED, CRI 90, (5000K), simulate natural lighting.
• 2 AAA batteries, easy to power.
• PMMA optical lens, 92% light transmission.
• Professional lens system design, soft even spot without dark area to avoid mistakes in exams.
• Zero blue ray damage (RG0) to the eyes, perfectly suited for pupil examination.
• Streamlined pen design, lightweight, stylish, easy to carry.
• Stainless steel clip on aluminum flashlight tube with excellent grip texture.
• Mode Memery, the last mode will be automatically entered into when turning on after 3 seconds of powering off.
• Reverse polarity protection to prevent circuit damage from reversed battery insertion.
• Aerospace Aluminum alloy body and Mil-spec hard anodizing(HA III); abrasion resistant, lightweight and robust.
•Stainless steel bezel design protects the lens and reflector system from drops and impacts.

Last edited:

niraya

Newly Enlightened
66 lumen for 15 hours? How can that be achieved with 2xAAA NiMH and Nichia 219C. Such efficiency seems impossible. Is that not some mistake here?

horizonseeker

Enlightened
member keitho answered you in the Giveaway P20 thread where you posed this very same question, I'll quote him here:

-Keitho
"
ANSI spec allows very low ending output; one tenth starting output if I remember correctly. You can't just multiply 66 lumens by 15 hours to get the total lumen-hours.
"

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
Did I get this right - so everything you turn on the light, it will enter High for 3 seconds, before entering the mode it remembered from last time?
Seriously, Klarus, do you even understand why there are multiple modes on a flashlight? We want the low because for those situations we don't want our eyes blind.
Please think before you design a light. Seriously, why not low by default, then click to get med and high, and be done with it?

grinsefalle

Newly Enlightened
Did I get this right ?

No, it works this way: The last used mode will be memorized, when the penlight is off for more than 3 seconds. So if you use the low mode and switch the light off, it will start again in low mode (if it was off for at least 3 seconds). If you switch the light on within the 3 seconds, then it will jump to the next mode (high -> low -> mid).

The memory is working with the off-time, not the on-time.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, but for a light that is aimed at medical (ear, nose, throat etc) the default should be low...every time, with no mode memory. Unless you can perfectly recall what mode has been memorized every time you go to click it on, you will be second guessing/doubting no matter the mode memorization time...."was the last mode I used - high?...was that 3 seconds ago?....Am I going to melt this patients retina with 230 lumens at 8 inches away if I don't check it first?"