Flashlight recommendation?

modenar1

Newly Enlightened
Ive been reading these forums for the past week, and after alot of searching and researching, i have came close to an idea of the flashlight im looking for. The more i look the more i get confused with all the options. So i decided to ask and see maybe i can get input on exactly what im looking for.

The following is my criteria.

- Single AA battery
- Nichia 219b emitter
- non PWM
- Potted electronics
- constant voltage (preferably)
- single light mode would be preferred, but can deal with multi mode
- Durable to withstand drops and get wet (the more durable the better)

My budget is around $100

any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to recommend a Malkoff Mdc single AA 219b V2 from Illumn.com, but I realise it has PWM, apparently. I've never noticed it on mine, so it depends how sensitive you are.
I have to say it's going to be difficult to find something matching all your requirements, good luck with that.
P

Nichia!

Banned
Ive been reading these forums for the past week, and after alot of searching and researching, i have came close to an idea of the flashlight im looking for. The more i look the more i get confused with all the options. So i decided to ask and see maybe i can get input on exactly what im looking for.

The following is my criteria.

- Single AA battery
- Nichia 219b emitter
- non PWM
- Potted electronics
- single light mode would be preferred, but can deal with multi mode
- Durable to withstand drops and get wet (the more durable the better)

My budget is around $100

any feedback would be appreciated.

There is no such thing!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Peak El Capitan ?

Probably have to special order the custom emitter direct from Peak, though ....

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the Malkoff from Illumn.com. You're very unlikely to notice the PWM, unless you get caught in the rain and walk around shining your low beam. I've never noticed PWM on any light in real world use.

modenar1

Newly Enlightened
thank you all for the feedback. I am currently talking back and forth with Robyn with Peak Led on gettin a custom single mode el capitan. Since im looking for more than 1 flashlight, im keeping my options open for other products as well.

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
An m31 219b 4k drop in from illumin with a malkoff single aa body and vme head. It is single mode, potted and no PWM that I am aware of. I have made this recommendation before but it seems to fit your requirements. I have this set up and it puts out around 100 lumens for over an hour and the tint is very nice.