Emisar D4

TCY

Enlightened
No official info yet but this is what I found on a Chinese flashlight forum, apparently they are doing a beta test and only a handful of these are sold through private channel.

Basically this light is designed just like M43, with "extreme" in mind. This thing is insanely overdriven, 4 Nichia 219C = 3000+ lumens on a single 18650

But yeah, we all know the turbo mode isn't exactly practical. That said, no one is buying a Noctigon light for months of runtime eh? we have Zebralight for that.

Size:

Length: 93.8mm

Weight: 66.8g

18500 and 18350 battery tubes available.

Update: Noctigon's owner sends me the manual for the D4. It's in Chinese so my translation might not be entirely correct. It looks like the light will have the Emisar branding instead of Noctigon but they still call it "Meteor" in Chinese forums anyway.

Manual:

LED flashes twice when tail cap screwed on with unprotected battery in.

When in infinite brightness adjustment mode, LED flashes once to indicate firefly, low and turbo.

Press & hold for over half a second for firefly

A single click goes to low (110lm by default, I assume this is for the XP-G2 variant?) or memorised mode

Double click for turbo (double click goes to turbo in every circumstances, with lockout being an exception)

Press & hold to enter infinite brightness adjustment. release & hold to decrease brightness (I see TK saying this mode has a ~2 seconds memory that resets the direction but the manual I was given doesn't mention it)

Additional features (LED flashes 4 times = activated, twice = deactivated)

Voltage check: Click three times and LED flashes. Basically works the same as the Nitecore equivalent. e.g. LED flashes three times, pause then seven times means 3.7V. Press once to exit.
Temp Check: Double click two seconds after Voltage check is on. Works the same way.

Tactical mode: 4 quick clicks to activate. Press & hold for turbo. Nothing else. 4 quick clicks to deactivate.

Lockout: 6 quick clicks to activate, 6 quick clicks to deactivate. (I still suggest a physical lockout though)

Beacon: 8 quick clicks to activate. Uses memorised brightness.

When completely cooled down, 10 quick clicks & hold the 11th click performs a tempcheck. LED continues to flash for a few seconds and goes to turbo. Press & hold to increase temp regulation value, default it 45C to a max of 70C. LED flashes to indicate the temp set.

D4 can only maintain low mode when battery voltage is at 3.2V, turbo can only be turned on for a few seconds. Low voltage protection kicks in at 2.8V and D4 stops working completely.

dab9f336afc37931eadcdjzsgp.jpg

8a711b30e924b899aa8b24csl5.jpg

735a77f082025aaf971643csww.jpg

Below are beam shot comparisons, starring the D4 and Nitecore TM36:

f8e6a00f4bfbfbed737564es7b.jpg

5a508218367adab4b9b645isp6.jpg

1b719f504fc2d562ef7b8p4s81.jpg

e9b2ffedab64034fa1be98cs6y.jpg

a81cb719ebc4b745a1f3eclsyp.jpg

315ab47eca806538418cfigsra.jpg

Last edited:

TCY

Enlightened
Re: Noctigon Meteor D4

Apparently a fellow BLF member has already got the light and posted a review almost two weeks ago. http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55306

The new light is actually called Emisar D4 for some reason. New product line? I contacted the owner/seller/manufacturer? of Noctigon and he agreed to set one aside for me when the next batch becomes available. Impulse buy for sure, but I don't think I'll look back and regret it when it's only $35 USD.

TCY

Enlightened

How is the Noctigon branded one different from the Emisar D4 by Noctigon's Hank Wang?

That's why I'm a bit confused as I see all these lucky Chinese owners calling it "Meteor D4" and its Taobao (sort of like a Chinese version of eBay) link says the same. Different branding? Dunno.

TCY

Enlightened

How is the Noctigon branded one different from the Emisar D4 by Noctigon's Hank Wang?

Compared to the BLF review I find that the UI manual provided to me has some pretty neat improvements. Now it's Zebra-ish but with the infinite brightness control. I'll see if I have the time to translate the whole manual into English and post it here.

EDness

Newly Enlightened

I have one and I love the UI on the initial release. Starts at low and it ramps...2x click to turbo. That's pretty much what i want in a light. You won't regret it...i love mine.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

From the BLF review of the Emisar D4 peak output out-the-front with Nichias is approx 3700 lumens and with XPL-HI 4200 lumens.

Toykeeper is in the process of testing an improved ramping UI with feedback from people on BLF. The new UI sounds like it is the best e-switch UI I've ever heard of. Newer production models of the Emisar D4 will use this version 2 UI.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic

Pretty cool! I would need something to get me into a medium mode quicker though, without the ramping. A quick moonlight is nice, so it turbo, but I have a feeling the ramping and "guessing" to stop on a medium-high level would be too cumbersome. I say this without actually using it, so time will tell.

$35 at mtn electronics? I like :)

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pretty cool! I would need something to get me into a medium mode quicker though, without the ramping. A quick moonlight is nice, so it turbo, but I have a feeling the ramping and "guessing" to stop on a medium-high level would be too cumbersome. I say this without actually using it, so time will tell.

Supposably the new UI that toy keeper has been working with now has mode memory of the last used brightness level. So there shouldn't be too much tweaking up and down once you find the level you like.

markr6

Flashaholic

Supposably the new UI that toy keeper has been working with now has mode memory of the last used brightness level. So there shouldn't be too much tweaking up and down once you find the level you like.

This could be a total winner...another light on the wish list.

mattodio

Newly Enlightened

Been a while since I bought a light but this one definitely sounds like a winner. Does the gray body match the meteor? Would be nice if the two were exactly the same

TCY

Enlightened

Been a while since I bought a light but this one definitely sounds like a winner. Does the gray body match the meteor? Would be nice if the two were exactly the same

It might be a bit darker but I can only be sure when mine arrives.

TCY

Enlightened

UI updated, a single click goes to the memorised mode which is a bit better eh? Anxiously waiting for mine:naughty:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice!

Checking my tracking number my Emisar D4 from Mountain Electronics should arrive in the mail on Friday. Also coming with it is a copper quad star with 4x high-CRI Nichia 219C. I plan to swap the stock emitters with these high-CRI ones. Richard's quad stars have the emitters all rotated at different angles instead of parallel. This should eliminate any issues with square beam pattern caused by having all emitters mounted parallel to eachother.

Hopefully my D4 will arrive with Toykeeper's superior version2 UI.

If all goes well, this weekend I'll have a light with 3700 lumens of high-CRI 4000K output, the best UI available for an e-switch light, and all in a package smaller than a Zebralight SC600.:laughing:

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic

I was looking at the v2 UI on mtn electronics site. I like it!

TCY

Enlightened

Nice!

Checking my tracking number my Emisar D4 from Mountain Electronics should arrive in the mail on Friday. Also coming with it is a copper quad star with 4x high-CRI Nichia 219C. I plan to swap the stock emitters with these high-CRI ones. Richard's quad stars have the emitters all rotated at different angles instead of parallel. This should eliminate any issues with square beam pattern caused by having all emitters mounted parallel to eachother.

Hopefully my D4 will arrive with Toykeeper's superior version2 UI.

If all goes well, this weekend I'll have a light with 3700 lumens of high-CRI 4000K output, the best UI available for an e-switch light, and all in a package smaller than a Zebralight SC600.:laughing:

I was hoping they have a stock version of 4000K 90+CRI 219C. Is it hard to swap the LEDs for the D4?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was hoping they have a stock version of 4000K 90+CRI 219C. Is it hard to swap the LEDs for the D4?
I'm not sure. Guess I'll find out.

Since this light was designed by flashlight enthusiasts I'm hoping nothing is glued. I also don't recall any mention of glue in the review I read on BLF. I'm hoping the bezel is just screwed in and the driver is press-fit. Hopefully it will be just a simple matter of unscrewing the bezel, removing the reflector, desoldering the stock star, then replacing it with my new star.

I'll post in this thread my results.