Fenix Outfitters        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Used my E1e tonight

Default Re: Used my E1e tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jimbyjimb View Post
    Me too! Full incan. 2xE2e w/LF bulbs and 16650's, E1e w/Tad bi-pin and 3712 bulb and 16340, 6P w/P60, M951 w/P60, 1xM6 w/LF 700lm bulb and 3x16650

I went a bit excessive and I have yet to actually make good use of my M6. Only LED lights I have left are Fenix head lamps. I'd prefer an incan there too, though.
    What's your impression of the Tad bi-pin and 3712 bulb run on a 16340 in your E1e. Any idea of run time and how's the beam?
    I'm guessing half an hour or less run time?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by flashfan View Post
    I still carry my stock E2e in an everyday "gadget" bag. It used to be paired with an E1e with a KL1 head. I prefer incandescent outdoors, so I still carry the E2e, but the E1e has been replaced with the Nitecore TIP. The E series of SF lights represented the optimum size for me, and I was always hoping SF would come out with an E3e for added output.
    Tell me about it! I wish that's the light they had released above all else they never released. And with the MN04 lamp assembly, and it could have been run on rechargeables.
    Last edited by ampdude; 10-08-2017 at 07:19 PM.
    ampdude

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by flashfan View Post
    I was never a fan of the E1e as an incandescent flashlight. I bought one very early on, and was disappointed (low output, size and price), so returned it...then the KL1 LED heads were introduced, and I was hooked. Used to EDC the KL1 version for years, but no longer--other, smaller/brighter/more versatile lights these days. Still EDC the E2e incandescent though.
    IMO the E1e output is not very good. I never even bothered with it even back in the late 90's and early 2000's when I first got into Surefires. There's no reason not to go with the two cell version.
    Last edited by ampdude; 10-09-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    ampdude

Quote Originally Posted by F89 View Post
    What's your impression of the Tad bi-pin and 3712 bulb run on a 16340 in your E1e. Any idea of run time and how's the beam?
    I'm guessing half an hour or less run time?

The 3712 performance is excellent for my uses. I haven't had it in long enough yet to say about run time. One week on a full charge and no dimming. I don't necessarily have to use lights very often so even 30 minutes of run time would last quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbyjimb View Post
    The 3712 performance is excellent for my uses. I haven't had it in long enough yet to say about run time. One week on a full charge and no dimming. I don't necessarily have to use lights very often so even 30 minutes of run time would last quite a while.
    They sound good.
    I've been using a bulb from an E2E in an E1 lego on a 16340 (probably not the best for the bulb running it under driven but it works fine) so I wouldn't mind trying the Tad set up and the 3712 looks like the top choice for me running on 16340/16650 in E1/E2 format.

Quote Originally Posted by F89 View Post
    They sound good.
    I've been using a bulb from an E2E in an E1 lego on a 16340 (probably not the best for the bulb running it under driven but it works fine) so I wouldn't mind trying the Tad set up and the 3712 looks like the top choice for me running on 16340/16650 in E1/E2 format.

The 3712 has a real tight hot spot like the stock bulbs do. The 3718 I was using before was definitely brighter, but the hot spot was much larger for some reason. The 3712 is my favorite so far. I do want to try the 7212 in an E2e though.

I've had 0 problems with the Tad product. Tad's a good guy too.

Pulled the trigger on an E2d today because of this thread.
    Coming soon.

I may do a Tad's bulb in it to preserve the original bulb.
    John 3:16
    "I'm still a Toys R Us kid" -PK

I recently posted my pic of E1e and E2d incan. They are still running the MN01 and MN02 bulbs. Can't seem to put these lights down.

On a side note, I have Franken Mag running a fivemega 5 led module putting around 1000+ lumens. One mode. I went to pick up my daughter from school on foot the other evening after an event and gave her that flashlight on the way back. There's been some coyote sightings so thought, why not? It was dark but had some cars still on the road. Can't say how painful it was to the eyes to try and attempt a pleasant walk with 1000 lumens light, not to mention how blinding must have been for oncoming cars when my daughter is swing the light around like a light saber. Not EDC friendly and definitely ruins the experience.

I know 1000 lumens have their place, but, I do appreciate my simple E-series incans...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12