Is this battery rechargeable? PICS ADDED.

mickeyfinn

Newly Enlightened
Man,

I haven't been here in years. Not easy to get back in. Had to re-register.

Anyway, I have several of these batteries. Are they rechargeables?

Crap! I can't post images.

They are Trustfire batteries. It says on the batteries:

TR1865O

WARNING
The voltage of full charge and cut off charge is 4.2V and 2.75V

2500mAH 3.7V

But nowhere does it say "rechargeable."

Thanks

Last edited:

mickeyfinn

Newly Enlightened
Re: Is this battery rechargeable?

Yep, sure is!

I forgot to mention that the battery is blue in color and the printing on the battery is black.

If you, or someone else, can confirm it's rechargeable, I charge it up.

I apologize for bringing it up again. It's just that it doesn't say "rechargeable" anywhere on the battery! I can't understand why it doesn't.

But no matter what, the charger and the battery will be under an eight quart, cast iron dutch oven if and when I charge it.

A trusting soul I am not. : )

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast

beware that any battery with fire in its name stands a good chance of being fake garbage and potentially dangerous.
exception being surefire who does not market 18650 cells.
there is an actual trustfire brand but they are buried in a sea of fake garbage.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anything with *fire in its name that is not:

sf123a_.png

must be understood literally -- they will put your house on fire.

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello Mickeyfinn,

Welcome back...

The description you provided indicates a rechargable cell. Use your safety precautions and charge it up.

Tom

ven

Flashaholic

As said rechargeable, however it would be not far from a miracle if there is 2500mah inside(probably less than 1/2). Not sure where you live, but these days decent branded cells(sony/LG/panasonic/Sanyo/Samsung) can be bought very reasonable from reputable shops. Many benefits, performance of you light(or device), decent life and many charge / discharge cycles.

What light is it going to be used in, is it single or a two cell light? Presume the cell(maybe an unbranded charger) came part of a package. As with cells, care needs to be taken with chargers. Xtar/Nitecore can be had for $10 or so and again a small investment for years of safe use.

:welcome:

mickeyfinn

Newly Enlightened

As said rechargeable, however it would be not far from a miracle if there is 2500mah inside(probably less than 1/2). Not sure where you live, but these days decent branded cells(sony/LG/panasonic/Sanyo/Samsung) can be bought very reasonable from reputable shops. Many benefits, performance of you light(or device), decent life and many charge / discharge cycles.

What light is it going to be used in, is it single or a two cell light? Presume the cell(maybe an unbranded charger) came part of a package. As with cells, care needs to be taken with chargers. Xtar/Nitecore can be had for $10 or so and again a small investment for years of safe use.

:welcome:

I use a Nitecore Intellicharger.

I guess I'll try to charge it tonight.

If you guys don't hear from me again, you'll know something went terribly wrong. :eek:

Bourbon City

Newly Enlightened

Regardless if you are familiar with all your batteries or not, I highly recommend you never leave a charging battery unattended. When you go to bed at night, remove power from your battery charger. I'll even touch my batteries and charger periodically to be sure they are not getting hot. If they have heat, I watch them closer. My batteries and chargers have circuitry that should prevent overheating and exploding, but with all the recent problems with exploding batteries, I won't take too much of a chance.

mickeyfinn

Newly Enlightened

I have only two of these Trustfire 18650s. And they are ancient!

I bought them years ago when I bought an Ultrafire Cree C2.

The C2 has been relegated to a drawer in the garage as a back-up light. I came across it the other day. I hadn't touched it in probably two years, perhaps longer.

It lit up just fine, but wasn't quite as bright as a I remembered, hence the questions about recharging the Trustfire 18650.

I really like the old C2. It's been a very decent light for me for a long time. I think I'll buy it a pair of new 18650s.

So now I'm looking for suggestions on which 18650s are good but won't break the bank and where to buy them.

I apologize for being a pain in the butt with these, which to many here are very basic questions.

Thanks for the help, fellas.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

First of all your profile says nothing about your whereabouts ;) But if you are in EU -- eu.nkon.nl is the best I guess.

Absolute classics from them: Sanyo NCR18650GA.

Last edited:

mickeyfinn

Newly Enlightened
Rechargeable or not? FINALLY ADDED PICS.

20170730_222233_zpsj63pmwoq.jpg
[/IMG]
20170730_222315_zpsrv7vdurb.jpg
[/IMG]Rechargeable or not?
20170730_222247_zps0msrm9to.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

mickeyfinn

Newly Enlightened

OP, please don't create duplicate threads ....

Thanks !

Sorry fore the dupe.

I started a new thread because I added the photos.

IF this battery IS rechargeable, as some here say, why doesn't it say, "RECHARGEABLE" anywhere on the battery?

You'd think if it were rechargeable, it would say so somewhere on the battery.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

mickeyfinn said:
IF this battery IS rechargeable, as some here say, why doesn't it say, "RECHARGEABLE" anywhere on the battery?
When it says:
The voltage of full charge and cut-off discharge is 4.2 and 2.75 V.
Doesn't have any meaning to you?

BTW, all car batteries are "RECHARGEABLE" but not printed on battery.

As mentioned above, stay away from such crap batteries. Spend little more and get some reliable brand.
Good luck.:thumbsup:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a fake Trustfire battery.

Even infamous companies like Ultrafire and Trustfire suffer from fakes.

What's the weight of the battery?
Some fakes contain sand lol ,

nbp

Flashaholic
There are no "non-rechargeable" 18650s so by nature of what it is, it has to be rechargeable.

mickeyfinn

Newly Enlightened

When it says:
The voltage of full charge and cut-off discharge is 4.2 and 2.75 V.
Doesn't have any meaning to you?

BTW, all car batteries are "RECHARGEABLE" but not printed on battery.

As mentioned above, stay away from such crap batteries. Spend little more and get some reliable brand.
Good luck.:thumbsup:

You almost sound angry at me for asking the question.

I own other rechargeable flashlight batts, 18650s included, and they ALL, every one of them, say "RECHARGEABLE" somewhere on the battery.

In my opinion, if a (flashlight) battery is rechargeable, it should say so on the battery.

And yes, we can exclude automobile batteries from that.

Good luck. :thumbsup: