Throw: 374m

Dimension:

Length 132mm
    Head: 35.5mm
    Tail: 25mm
    Weight: 5.5oz with batteries

2*18350 Cells Included

$100/$115

Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 09-27-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    Email/Paypal/Subscribe: SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Default Re: Convoy M1vn Flare

So, I take it it needs two 18350 to get full output? I'm guessing it will drain those in just a few minutes at full power?
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

Very cool, Kev the new aspire 18350's would probably give twice the run time over the older 18350 cells(600 ish mah). They are pretty much the best 18350's available as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1322 View Post
    So, I take it it needs two 18350 to get full output? I'm guessing it will drain those in just a few minutes at full power?
    I have not tested for runtime yet but it's more than a few min :-)

I have been searching for a host to do this project for a long time. Something compact, takes 2 longer 18350 comfortably and have good mass for heatsinking. This convoy has it all.

Sweet

This is so tempting I'm buying one and I don't even like 6500K.

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    You're not helping me haha. Haven't bought a light all year and I'm itching to get one (that's in the budget), but I also don't want one that is just like the others and won't get used much. I have so many great lights from Vinh that it's really hard to do haha. Anyway, can't decide between this one and his Acebeam L16vn.

XHP70.2 6500K is like 5500-6000K to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1322 View Post
    You're not helping me haha. Haven't bought a light all year and I'm itching to get one (that's in the budget), but I also don't want one that is just like the others and won't get used much. I have so many great lights from Vinh that it's really hard to do haha. Anyway, can't decide between this one and his Acebeam L16vn.
    You are a throw buy so I would think L16vn

Post 1 Updated with more photos

Video:
    https://youtu.be/R-zrNa3rqCk
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 08-13-2017 at 12:46 AM.

This is a $13.50 host

Does an LED, driver and 2 18350's = $86.50?

I didn't think you liked modding cheap lights

That host is inexpensive but it has quality.
    Your itemization left out design and testing time spent with these lights.
    In the end it is all good.

Quote Originally Posted by V54_Fan View Post
    This is a $13.50 host

There's also shipping costs, he has to build and test it and hopefully make a profit. And he pays shipping again when sending to a buyer. There's probably other things we haven't thought of.

Convoy hosts aren't exactly cheap either... they're inexpensive, but of good quality. If you prefer the more expensive mods... well there's plenty of those to choose from at SkyLumen.

Quote Originally Posted by V54_Fan View Post
    This is a $13.50 host

Hey v54, you are wrong. Led $10, mcpb about $10, driver $10, battery $10. it's not about the materials.. LABOR cost $$$$..

M1vn Cost Break Down

Retail part prices (Prices you pay if you build one for yourself)
    $13.50 Light host
    $11.98 Batteries, Battss need to be modded re-wrapped with new wrappers
    $16.99 XHP70.2 LED
    $2.95 MCPCB
    $5 Packaging + Shipping
    $13.99 DriverVN2
    $??? Hmm How about $10 for Wires + Thermal Adhesive + Electricity&Utilities + 2 extra high current springs + business insurance + City and state license Fee + legal fees + Website operation + paypal Fees + ...
    --------------
    $79.41 so far which I can mostly file as expenses for Tax

so LABOR/profit = ($100 M1vn - $79.41= $20.59 profit

There is ~30% income tax on $20.59 so .7*20.59= $14.41 that I get to pocket!

With this $14.41 that I make per m1vn I will have to buy my own health insurance and save my own retirement monthly as I am self-employed

Doesn't sound like too much profit when you break it down huh??

Luckily I buy these parts in is large BULK so my savings in parts is a bit greater than retail numbers suggested above so I might perhaps make $20 per M1vn in reality. But then I am sure there are other expenses I might have over see as well.

Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 08-13-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Grest post Vinh. Most of us appreciate what you do. :-)

May be someday I will have to charge shipping for USA buyers...Right now I only charge shipping to international buyers. I do feel bad for international exchange rates and shipping costs...

You charge whatever you need too man. This ain't BLF... this is CPF. We got pockets full of gold.

Tell me about it. Many times we are paying just over MSRP for many of Vinh's creations. Never once have I felt over charged. Mostly I'm feeling like I'm getting a GREAT deal. Thanks for keeping it real Vihn. We appreciate it.

Usually guys are exclaiming "go take my money"!

You charge whatever you need too man. This ain't BLF... this is CPF. We got pockets full of gold.
    Damn! I have joined a wrong forum...

Some where along the line--People forget you work to make a living--- Hobbies don't pay the Bills--Vinh --I've been self employed my whole life (Housing Industry)--Heard all this kind of thing--why so much cost--you make all the money--etc---I'm at the stage in my life now--People who talk that crap can't hire me---I walk
    K40Mvn (5k/4k domed/dedome) SR52vn(PDTn/PDTw) P15vn P16vn(PDTw) P12(PDTc) SRT6vn(PDTc) PD35vn(2c domed/PDTn) TX25C2vn V2T S200C2vn(PDTn) TK61(PDTc) LD50vn (PDT)
    M2Xvn (PDTsw) MX25L3 (4k) TN32(PDTc) TN36vn(dedome)

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    Tell me about it. Many times we are paying just over MSRP for many of Vinh's creations. Never once have I felt over charged. Mostly I'm feeling like I'm getting a GREAT deal. Thanks for keeping it real Vihn. We appreciate it.

Usually guys are exclaiming "go take my money"!
    Absolutely.. he even have Thanksgiving , new year sale, etc... I purchased lot of lights from that sale. Oh and WTS section too..

The problem I have now is vinh is running out of new lights.. lol.. I do have a convoy c8 silver..

That's an interesting one. However I'm curious about the output difference between the M1vn and the R50vnPro. They have the same led, and the R50 uses a booster. I'd expect the output of the M1vn to be higher than the R50vnP because it has 2 batteries and thus can use a FET. Throw depends on the geometry but total output? The difference is almost 10%, not what I'd expect...Edit: removed the bold face, oops...
    Last edited by cclight; 08-14-2017 at 06:23 PM.

About the price, besides what the others have said, note that there's a wide range of products he makes. Naturally some are more attractive than others for each of us. We have the choice, oh so much more and better choices than if Vinh didn't do what he does! Further, there's the trust in him we can have. So I'm really happy for all the fun he makes possible for me and apparently many others.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    You are a throw buy so I would think L16vn
    Haha. You have a good memory, though I tend to use a light with a balance of flood and throw most of the time these days. Around the house though I do like a lot more flood then throw.

Flashaholic

I haven't posted in a very very long time but this light caught my eye. I don't make half the money I did when I bought all of my v54 lights a few years back but I LOVE the convoy hosts and I'll always be a fan of Vinh's work and what he does for people. Genuinely good guy with great lights that got me into the hobby.
    TOOLvn,TN36UTvn,TN32UTvn,SK68vn,SK98vn,M2Xvn,P60vn quad <<bit of a theme. several variations of S1Baton, srMini, Factor Equipment ghost 130, Cossatot 1000xl, Mizpah 300 Reylight copper tool

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    I haven't posted in a very very long time but this light caught my eye. I don't make half the money I did when I bought all of my v54 lights a few years back but I LOVE the convoy hosts and I'll always be a fan of Vinh's work and what he does for people. Genuinely good guy with great lights that got me into the hobby.
    :-)

If you really want one just send me an email. I am sure we can work something out. SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Hey Vinh,
    Thank you for the effort you put into Sky Lumens, and the joy you bring with your creations. I have a fair size collection of lights, but yours are my favorites. The ability to take any light and say "what if" and then to do the R & D to make a product that has "wow factor" but also dependability & reliability takes talent and skill. What really is special is that this is a labor of love-it is obvious that you have the passion that most of us joined CPF because of. No one mentions the cost of your warranty work or the fact that if ANYONE had ANY complaint on a light, you did not argue or say "you should have turned it off before molten metals were dropping out", you just fixed it and paid to send it back good as new. My very first V54 lights were the V11's & D25C's and they are still among my favorites today. Thank you for the work you do, the sales you have(without which my collection would be half it's size), and all of the good things you do that a lot of people never even know about. Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyeddiethefirst View Post
    Hey Vinh,
    Thank you for the effort you put into Sky Lumens, and the joy you bring with your creations. I have a fair size collection of lights, but yours are my favorites. The ability to take any light and say "what if" and then to do the R & D to make a product that has "wow factor" but also dependability & reliability takes talent and skill. What really is special is that this is a labor of love-it is obvious that you have the passion that most of us joined CPF because of. No one mentions the cost of your warranty work or the fact that if ANYONE had ANY complaint on a light, you did not argue or say "you should have turned it off before molten metals were dropping out", you just fixed it and paid to send it back good as new. My very first V54 lights were the V11's & D25C's and they are still among my favorites today. Thank you for the work you do, the sales you have(without which my collection would be half it's size), and all of the good things you do that a lot of people never even know about. Thank You!
    This is 50% of what keeps me going :-)
    THANK YOU!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast