Malkoff        

Thread: Hello to all

Unenlightened

Default Hello to all

Greetings from Jacksonville Floriduh.
    Retired military (the real military-go ahead ask me) & still married at least until she finds all these flashlights & accessories Ive been buying the last couple of months. Hands don't work like they used to takes me a long time to answer / type any messages just be patient I will eventually get back to you. I have been looking in on this site for some time now gathering info on lights before purchase, you all have been a big help thanx.
    Don't have much computer skills & its tuff to type, please excuse the grammer & spelling problems, I have a very hard time finding the smell right button on this computer.
    V / R Dwayne

Default Re: Hello to all

Dwayne, i would hazard a guess that you have a nice surefire collection in your possession(maybe hidden from the wife) , Would be very cool to see some of the lights(surefire or not). Which ones and why you picked them

Welcome I'm here in central FL. I can hardly believe that there is someone else, in this world, like myself, who was born in the 20th century, and did not start out life with a computer Or cell phone in his crib! Sometimes I wonder how "we" survived our childhood deprived as we were of the basic necessities of life? Let us know how your doing,
    Alex

Welcome! :-)
    And hi from Norway! :-)

Don't worry about spelling and grammar. Almost everyone prefers the occasional mistake over the not even bothering to try write properly, that's become popular these days. Besides, you're doing just fine.

This forum has all ages and a lot of different people, with very different background. It's one of the things I really appreciate about it. :-)

Has it ever snowed where you are?
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Dwayne, i would hazard a guess that you have a nice surefire collection in your possession(maybe hidden from the wife) , Would be very cool to see some of the lights(surefire or not). Which ones and why you picked them
    I had a few tacticals that I really liked but they were military issue & am sure they went back into the system or were lost in the field when I was flown out, I do have a few of my own from when I was into flashlights some MANY years ago. A couple of my favorites were ones you can shake & they would build their own charge no batteries required, I was into a great deal of self reliant items as the countries & islands I was living in had poor infrastructure Ie: electricity, water etc: I'm sure they would seem hokey by the standards of what I have seen recently but I will get around to showing a few but I have poor computer skills, may end up taking a hammer to this infernal machine in trying to figure out how to post a picture.
    But I will get it figured out, it's a personal challenge now. One thing that really gets me is this computer has voice command and your supposed to be able to tell it what to do, (BS), it will talk to me but won't do a dam thing that I tell it to, it's almost like having another wife but I can hit the OFF button on this one.
    V / R Dwayne

Some lights have USB-charging built in, and that could couple nicely with USB-charging solar panels for example. Charge when there's light, use when there's not. Power bank in the middle for extra flexibility.

About posting pictures... because the server-rental would be very expensive, it's not possible to post images directly to the forum. You'd need to post them somewhere else (Flickr for example), and then use them in a post here, as a separate step.

I think those users sponsoring the forum might be allowed a small quota for uploading pictures, but I haven't tested it.

It's a reasonable restriction, as there could be hundreds of megabytes uploaded pr. day, which would have to be hosted indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by terjee View Post

About posting pictures....

You'd need to post them somewhere else (Flickr for example), and then use them in a post here, as a separate step.

I think those users sponsoring the forum might be allowed a small quota for uploading pictures, but I haven't tested it....
    Yes, details listed here ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/IconLegend1.html
    ... is the archimedes peak

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    Has it ever snowed where you are?
    Ive been here since 91 & it has snowed twice just very light flurries but wouldn't stick would be gone in an hour or so. Am curiouse what part of New Jersey your in I was staying in Marlton NJ for a few monthes while doing some training in Phily & NJ. but that was over 40 years ago. I have to stop posting here if I'm ever going to get rid of this giant yellow sighn I see every time I go onto this site.
    V / R Dwayne

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by terjee View Post
    Some lights have USB-charging built in, and that could couple nicely with USB-charging solar panels for example. Charge when there's light, use when there's not. Power bank in the middle for extra flexibility.

About posting pictures... because the server-rental would be very expensive, it's not possible to post images directly to the forum. You'd need to post them somewhere else (Flickr for example), and then use them in a post here, as a separate step.

I think those users sponsoring the forum might be allowed a small quota for uploading pictures, but I haven't tested it.

It's a reasonable restriction, as there could be hundreds of megabytes uploaded pr. day, which would have to be hosted indefinitely.
    Thanx that info will save me some headache, Don't know what flicker is but will work it out eventually.
    V / R Dwayne

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Thanx for the info
    V / R Dwayne