• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

XHP70.2 4000 Lumen tactical LED Flashlight ACEBEAM L30-NEW Product Announcement

acebeam

Enlightened
There's a new sheriff in town! Acebeam's dazzling new L30 provides an unprecedented blast of 4,000 lumens from a weapons-mountable flashlight! Equipped with the very latest CREE XHP 70.2 chip and Acebeam's innovative dual-switch user interface, there's nothing to touch the L30 in terms of form or function. The waterproof 15.8cm (6.24 inch) body is machined to to take both 18650 and 20700 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries while the 25.4mm (one inch) diameter battery tube, optional remote pressure switch and range of filters make it an ideal companion for any kind of weapon. The L30 is like a side-arm that takes shotgun shells - you definitely want it in your hand, not the other guy's.

1 x CREE® XHP70.2 4000 lumens
1*20700 Battery/1*18650 Battery/2*CR123 Battery
162mm(length)x 48mm(head diameter)x 25.4mm(tube diameter)
0054576_l30_630.jpeg

Last edited:

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
Re: NEW Product Announcement - ACEBEAM L30 4000 Lumen tactical LED Flashlight

Liking the look of this one, are there any figures for throw and release date?

Lumenwolf

Enlightened

Awesome, thank you very much.

acebeam

Enlightened

Max. beam distance: 373 meters
Peak beam intensity: 34800cd
Smooth reflector

texas cop

Enlightened

First 20700 light. Who's carrying the light for sale and when?

Last edited:

acebeam

Enlightened

1*20700 Battery/1*18650 Battery/2*CR123 Battery

easilyled

Flashaholic

Its a pity that it doesn't tailstand. Any flashlight with Firefly mode should be able to in my opinion.

This would not make it any less tactical or adapted for outdoor use ... just a slight change in tail design with a recessed switch and flat perimeter.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any ideas when the release date will be?

derekevans762

Newly Enlightened
If it's tactical.

I would prefer an exposed tail switch.

The term tactical makes me think this object may become an impact tool, or be needed to function very quickly. Anything between me and the switch, is a problem. The wings that are common around tail switches, have a habit of creating a nasty wound, when you strike things full force. I grind them off, on all of my lights. At the end of the day. I consider the whole light disposable, buying a switch boot is the least of my concerns.(extra switch boots are nice, I don't care what color) I would rather the light come on with the least amount of effort.

I also prefer momentary only.

One notable exception would be a rifle mounted light. The surefire scout is pretty ugly. But, the one with the tail cap funnel makes alot of sense. Cold hands/gloves/stress make it hard to feel a switch. The funnel let's you jam a digit in there and get positive results. Although, I am really good at pushing on the edge of the funnel, and missing the switch completely.

Overall, I prefer an exposed switch, turbo only, momentary only. Twisty lock on, and lockout is nice.

I just want the light to do one thing when I push the button, however I can push the button. I might use a thumb tip, the pad of the thumb, or my palm, or my chest/shoulder/forehead/walls, whatever.

Modes are great for utility lights. That's why I carry two lights.

amaretto

Newly Enlightened
see my full review (in german language) of a preproduction (?) model of the L30 that came without cardboard box.

zwischenablage23ucj9k.jpg

zwischenablage25mus8f.jpg

Output of the L30 is well regulated, very flat in second highest mode (2000 lm).

Last edited:

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
Very good review thank you, had to cut and paste to translate to English but worked fine.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the review.

How does the UI work?

Is there any parasitic drain and if so, how much?

Thank you in advance.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder about 21700.

The throw looks high enough that the 200 lumen level (only level with meaningful daily use) should have enough lux to use.

Yes, tailcap stand is essential.

3v to 8 volt driver. What chipset does this? Switching or linear?

I don't understand why optional 2x18650 tube would not be available, if it goes to 8 volts. Probably 8.4 volts too high?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the control functions on this Acebeam L30, and it is a perfect combination of flood/throw. Tailcap switch is great having instant turbo.