Klarus        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HDS 2700k High CRI interest thread

Default Re: HDS 2700k High CRI interest thread

Not to muddy the waters even further, but I'm starting to really think that 3500K might be the ideal CCT for me, but it's literally impossible to find a flashlight made anywhere near that. I have a 2700K Spy that I chose the emitter on because I wanted something that would feel like incandescent, and I regret it because it is too warm. It looks like a sodium lamp or a typical incandescent when the batteries are dying because it's so warm. I wish I had at least done 3000K or 3200K.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    @Hogo

One question, is it possible to get mint PCBs where the LED will be soldered for a fair Price (only the PCB, no LED on the board? I'd have the possibility to reflow LEDs, but the PCBs should be "clean", and not be used and were in contact with "thermal paste" (arctic silver,...), can you ask Henry when you see him, if this is possible, and if how much would be 4 PCBs?
    I wouldn't mind a few spare HDS PCBs.
    I've removed HDS PCBs, cleaned up, removed LED, reflowed new LED then reinstalled a few times. It can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    Not to muddy the waters even further, but I'm starting to really think that 3500K might be the ideal CCT for me, but it's literally impossible to find a flashlight made anywhere near that. I have a 2700K Spy that I chose the emitter on because I wanted something that would feel like incandescent, and I regret it because it is too warm. It looks like a sodium lamp or a typical incandescent when the batteries are dying because it's so warm. I wish I had at least done 3000K or 3200K.
    I agree with your comparison to incan.
    The 2700K is super warm.
    I think the 3000K sm303 is a decent match but also agree that the 3500K would be great too.
    The reason I went with the 2700K is to go super warm, it's nice and definitely fits the bill but a 3000 or 3500K would make a better incan simulation. The goal with this run was the whole campfire, rum out of a skull thing.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    Your story reminds me of a 2700k emitter I had put in a V10R Ti for the same reasons. Just last month I got a couple of 353 emitters and one 303. The Rotary with the 353 is almost absolutely perfect and I'm willing to bet that it would match your tastes perfectly.
    In all applications, distances and levels, I love the SM353.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by glimmer View Post
    Please let us know if you make a decision one way or another. I'll just grab the standard high CRI off the HDS site if I have to, but would much prefer something warmer if there is enough interest in this run.
    Iím in the same boat. Iíd really like a warmer HDS, but at the same time, I might end up grabbing a standard high CRI.

Iíd still want the warmer I think, but Iím not sure Iíd be comfortable grabbing two HDSí in the same month for example, if this suddenly reaches full and closes right after I buy a standard one.

OK. I'm going to put it to a vote. I'll need to start another thread. I'm not tech savvy and so don't know if I can do one in this thread already.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    and if that doesn't work: try this: Hogo's Holsters

I installed 12x Osram Oslon Square 90Ra (typ 96CRI) on my Noctigon M43, both in 3000K and 3500K CCT. They're incredibly bright even if smaller than a standard 35x35 package. 3000K version's too much orangy for my taste pratically unusable, but 3500K almost perfect, close to a 3000K incand. There's a good amount of green that were missing on 3000K version, but none prevaling tint, just a slightly wan yellow.
    Overally the light emitted is a bit mealy or "fogged" compared to an incan, RED and GREEn colours too much saturated compared with XP-G1, but chip's tiny and cheap, cant get better warm temp/power ratio for that price. I got back bc prefering a full power, and Oslon Square offered roughly 5600lm compared to 7600 from XP-G2 S4 4000K 5D3 70Ra.

There're some beamshots shooted outdoor (Iso-64 f8 Sony DSC N1 camera). In order Oslon Square 3000K, Oslon Square 3500K, XP-G2 S2 5A3 4100K

Last edited by plata0190; 12-03-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by plata0190 View Post
    I installed 12x Osram Oslon Square 90Ra (typ 96CRI) on my Noctigon M43, both in 3000K and 3500K CCT. They're incredibly bright even if smaller than a standard 35x35 package. 3000K version's too much orangy for my taste pratically unusable, but 3500K almost perfect, close to a 3000K incand. There's a good amount of green that were missing on 3000K version, but none prevaling tint, just a slightly wan yellow.
    Nice !

What type & bins of Osram Oslon Square you used ?
    CSSRM1.BM , CQAR.CC ?

Last edited by plata0190; 12-03-2017 at 05:25 PM.

That looks perfect to me!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Flashaholic

thanks!
    I use
    LCW CQAR.CC-MR-6L-L2 4000K (very nice tint, imho)
    and bought LCW CQAR.CC MP-6R-L1 3000K for warm/"halogen" white.
    Last edited by evgeniy; 12-04-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Hopefully we can end the off-topic discussion, and bring the thread back to its intended purpose.

I noticed the poll thread for this project was closed. Not sure why? Overwhelming preference for the 3000K. 9 had voted/committed. I was hoping more would come in time. Wanted to post a link in the main HDS thread, but wasn't sure it was my place. We had about 12 in this thread, plus a few more "maybes". I can certainly understand Hogo's need to have a requisite number of firm commitments, especially when he is in the middle of another "high noon" special run already.

This would be a very special light if it comes to fruition. Here's hoping it's still under consideration.

Damn, I never saw the other thread. Would have been in for either one. Hopefully it is not totally dead......

Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    Damn, I never saw the other thread. Would have been in for either one. Hopefully it is not totally dead......
    Just vote. I voted after hogo said it wasnít going to happen. I really want an incandescent HDS!

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    Just vote. I voted after hogo said it wasnít going to happen. I really want an incandescent HDS!
    I do have a plan, and I set the wheels in motion for it, but I'm not going to divulge what it is until the second High Noon run is done and over. It will make some people happy I'm sure. It's just what started as a 2700k then went to 3000k, then there are those who want 3500k or 4000k. Well, I can't please everyone but I do try.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    and if that doesn't work: try this: Hogo's Holsters

Been following this thread. Really interested in 3000k!

Donít forget us 4500 guys!

Nichia 4500k 9080 guys !

Quote Originally Posted by Tejasandre View Post
    Donít forget us 4500 guys!
    Custom Built

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    I do have a plan, and I set the wheels in motion for it, but I'm not going to divulge what it is until the second High Noon run is done and over. It will make some people happy I'm sure. It's just what started as a 2700k then went to 3000k, then there are those who want 3500k or 4000k. Well, I can't please everyone but I do try.
    I missed the poll, but I would be in for a 3000K.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

I vote 3500k

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234