• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: McGizmo Haiku AA 219C

gunga

Flashaholic
Hey all. I'm super busy at work these days and have gotten into fidget spinners so my interest in lights is dimming a bit :)

So I'm going to start a bit of a sell off. The first item is a pimped McGizmo haiku AA.

Condition is very good but it has been lightly carried so is not mint.

Here are the specs and mods.

- the LED is a 3500K Nichia 219C, high cri. This is a beautiful warm tint. Not as extreme as halogen (3000K) but pleasantly warm. Note, the LED board got a bit discoloured during the reflow but this is not an issue (cosmetic and inside the light).
- diffusion film on the lens and flouropolymer blue oring. Note that the film is easily removed.
- the light engine was modded with a ReyLight ti lan driver. This provides both AA and 14500 compatibility. There are 4 modes, starting with moonlight and no memory. Moonlight is super dim (0.1 lumens?) and max ranges from 120 to 400 lumens depending on the battery used (AA or 14500). The light has high frequency pwm (9KHz) on all modes except moonlight. I have never noticed this in action.

This is a great a great circuit but is a very tight fit in the McGizmo pill. I don't recommend frequent disassembly The pill can be transferred to another head but be mindful of this.

- the body is a stock AA pack with a blue boot and an ice blue trit installed in the tail slot with norland 61.

This is my grail AA light but things change...

>> SOLD <<

Price is $450 >> $430 , Paypal only. Airmail Shipping worldwide is included but any insurance or tracking must be added at cost (Canada post).

Here are some forum quality pix.
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1503592527.802799.jpgImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1503592732.720424.jpgImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1503592934.078191.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: grail AA McGizmo haiku with trit, 219C

Good luck to a good guy!