Imalent        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emisar D1S thrower!

Default Emisar D1S thrower!

It seems there is a new member to add to the (Emisar) family this one is the thrower version. It called the D1S and it can puts out 110kcd.
    Last edited by Nichia!; 09-04-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Default Re: Emisar D1S thrower!

Dang. Going to see what Vinh does with it before I pick one up now that I know he is modding the Emisars.

Same here.

In a later post, Andrew Wang updated the output to 120 kcd.

I assume Vinh will put an XPG2 PDT inside for even more throw.

Doubt he could do much more since the Emisar lights already have an excellent FET driver and very low resistance springs.

Thats not all Hank is making.

Quote from Hank:

"Yes, D1 and D4 tubes are interchangeable, meaning D1 can also use the 18350 tube to become a tiny thrower.

D1 around 40Kcd, 1*XP-L HI, ultra small body, slightly bigger than D4 as it can be seen above, true all arounder for size and throw

D4 around 120Kcd,1*XP-L HI, excellent throw, small body

D7 is using 7*LED and 3*18650 Same UI on all D series from Emisar"
    Last edited by Glenn7; 09-06-2017 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    I assume Vinh will put an XPG2 PDT inside for even more throw.

Doubt he could do much more since the Emisar lights already have an excellent FET driver and very low resistance springs.
    DBCustom@BLF gained 150 lm on D4 by replacing FET and wires. So there is some room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Agpp View Post
    DBCustom@BLF gained 150 lm on D4 by replacing FET and wires. So there is some room for improvement.
    Most wouldn't consider a 150 lumen gain over already 3000+ lumens a good enough improvement to make or pay more money for. The man does have a lot of fans though, so I could be wrong.
    Imalent, Armytek, Gearbest, and Banggood are still in business for the same reason Logan Paul is still making money.
    Imalent, Failure Imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by scs View Post
    Most wouldn't consider a 150 lumen gain over already 3000+ lumens a good enough improvement to make or pay more money for. The man does have a lot of fans though, so I could be wrong.
    True!

Pre-order at mountain electronics.

Flashaholic*

It's not about making it commercially viable like what Vinh does but rather about pushing the light to its limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    True!

Pre-order at mountain electronics.
    The D1S isn't for pre-order at Mountain Electronics just yet. The one for pre-order is the D1, which is the D1S little brother.

The D1S has a bit larger head/reflector. But, with these prices and the great UI we may as well collect them all.

Didn't he also bore out his battery tube and replace the 18650 with a 21700? Or was that someone else?

And i thought the d4 was cool...What an awesome looking light. With all the lights Hank is bringing out, I may have to re-shuffle some current lights to make space (in my bank account) i think i need a compact thrower in my life
    Torchaholic

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    The D1S isn't for pre-order at Mountain Electronics just yet. The one for pre-order is the D1, which is the D1S little brother.

The D1S has a bit larger head/reflector. But, with these prices and the great UI we may as well collect them all.
    Oh, that is the difference. Sorry, missed that, correct, it is the D1 and not the D1S that is for pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Didn't he also bore out his battery tube and replace the 18650 with a 21700? Or was that someone else?
    That was him.

150 lumens here, 150 there, ... it's good to know the limits. I'm happy to know that if I replace the driver with Texas Avenger or LD4 I will gain not only efficiency, but output too.

Looks like a Manker U21 with an 18650 tube instead. I rather have the Manker.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Looks like a Manker U21 with an 18650 tube instead. I rather have the Manker.
    Interesting...looked it up and it does. I like the D1S UI though.

I got Utorch UT02, which is the same as Manker U21. Lost it, don't ask. Overall it was nice. Fair UI (not nearly as good as D4, but not bad either). Battery choice was better than that of D1s, but 3x18650 would be even better, With this head size, why not? But the LED was severely underdriven. 1300 lm? UT02 could nearly double output (and beam intensity) without much problem.
    I just bought HeikeLite MT02. It is smaller than UT02, has double battery capacity throws the same. But it uses domed emitter, which makes no sense really. So it could be much throwier as well......
    I really need to learn soldering, so I can replace it with HI. Or just dedome it.

I got Utorch UT02, which is the same as Manker U21. Lost it, don't ask. Overall it was nice. Fair UI (not nearly as good as D4, but not bad either). Battery choice was better than that of D1s, but 3x18650 would be even better, With this head size, why not? But the LED was severely underdriven. 1300 lm? UT02 could nearly double output (and beam intensity) without much problem.
    I just bought HeikeLite MT02. It is smaller than UT02, has double battery capacity throws the same. But it uses domed emitter, which makes no sense really. So it could be much throwier as well......
    I really need to learn soldering, so I can replace it with HI. Or just dedome it.
    Hmm, is the head of the MT02 the same as the UT02? It looks smaller and theoretically would throw less than the UT02.

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill1109 View Post
    Hmm, is the head of the MT02 the same as the UT02? It looks smaller and theoretically would throw less than the UT02.
    It is a little smaller.
    According to manufacturer specs, throw is c.a. 150 kcd (from memory) vs. UT02s 124 (from memory too). It has nearly double lumen output, but HD emitter. So with the same reflector size it should throw about the same. With real reflector size it should be somewhat worse. It can make up some of it by centering the LED better of having a better reflector. Frankly, I suspect the MT02 specs may be inflated somewhat, but nevertheless the lights should be close.

Sounds like this will be the king of compact throwers (and hand warmers)!
    Most Recent Reviews: Convoy S9 MHVAST TG20 Nitecore HC65

Any more news on the D1s yet?
    Torchaholic

Okay, this may sound like a dumb question, but, where are these lights made? I've searched online for Emisar and Noctigon, and I can't find where they are manufactured. It is my understanding that Emisar is manufactured by Noctigon, but I even looked up a Noctigon light manual, and no address or country of origin was given!
    Shrek:Listen, little donkey, take a look at me! What am I?
    Donkey:Ah... really tall?
    Shrek:No! I'm an OGRE! You know, "grab your torch and pitchforks!"

Flashaholic*

China

Quote Originally Posted by staticx57 View Post
    China
    Source please?

Quote Originally Posted by Going_Supernova View Post
    Okay, this may sound like a dumb question, but, where are these lights made? I've searched online for Emisar and Noctigon, and I can't find where they are manufactured. It is my understanding that Emisar is manufactured by Noctigon, but I even looked up a Noctigon light manual, and no address or country of origin was given!
    I believe both the Emisar and Noctigon brands are offered by Int'l Outdoors, which is owned by Hank Wang in China. I'll take a wild guess and say they're Chinese made. As for whether Hans has his own production line or hires an OEM, you can ask around on the other forum.
    Imalent, Armytek, Gearbest, and Banggood are still in business for the same reason Logan Paul is still making money.
    Imalent, Failure Imminent.

Emisar is just a different branding used by Hank Wang, presumably for product differentiation. AFAIK Hank (and his team) manufactures and sells all Noctigon and Emisar variants, so yes they are made in China. I personally contacted Hank for repairing my M43 and buying the D4 so that's how I know. That, and the Emisars are still being called "Meteor" amongst Chinese flashaholics.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I suspected they were PRC-made, but I couldn't find anything to verify my suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by Going_Supernova View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that for me. I suspected they were PRC-made, but I couldn't find anything to verify my suspicion.
    Does it really matter considering 95% (made up number but presumably close) of current lights are made in China?

Usually when something ISN'T made in China, the manufacturer will boldly state so.

Of course there are known exceptions like Armytek who claim to be a Canadian manufacturer when in actual fact they are made in China..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast