ArmyTek        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emisar D1S thrower!

Default Re: Emisar D1S thrower!

Quote Originally Posted by Dio View Post
    Does it really matter considering 95% (made up number but presumably close) of current lights are made in China?

Usually when something ISN'T made in China, the manufacturer will boldly state so.

Of course there are known exceptions like Armytek who claim to be a Canadian manufacturer when in actual fact they are made in China..
    Yes, it does matter, but per forum rules I cannot elaborate.
    Shrek:Listen, little donkey, take a look at me! What am I?
    Donkey:Ah... really tall?
    Shrek:No! I'm an OGRE! You know, "grab your torch and pitchforks!"

Any news on D1S?

I too would like news of the D1S, I have the D1 and find it to be excellent.

I'm interested in a D1S, might as well get two since I've got a D1 and a D4 now and am about to get another of each.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

How do you make it ramp down?
    What happens if you ramp to 100% and keep the button pressed down?

It will stay at 100%. You have to let go and hold down the button again to begin the ramp down process
    Searching for enlightenment.

So I found a BLF post on the Emisar D4:
    http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55306?

The functions seem very nice, from moon to incredibly bright. Why don't they put that into a light that has more mass so it can stay cool?
    Also confused about the versions - D1, Z -- and their beam shapes. Beamshots anywhere?

One seller offers two different lenses. Since the lens is removable, can you buy it with both lenses?
    "floody 10623 optic instead of 10622 clear optic"

Quote Originally Posted by lumen aeternum View Post
    How do you make it ramp down?
    What happens if you ramp to 100% and keep the button pressed down?
    Little hard to explain, will try! Press hold to ramps(around 2.5s from under 1lm to .........max). Let go of switch, press straight away(no waiting) and it will ramp the other way. Now if you wait a second or so, it will continue to ramp the same way(providing your not at max). So quick press/hold will ramp other way, wait and press/hold continue same direction.

It is fantastic UI, real user friendly yet lots to it. There may be little tweaks coming from toykeeper. This would be along the lines of creating your own ceiling(your own max level). So for high output(D4) that get hot fast, you could pre set a 1000lm level as max for an example.
    Last edited by ven; 10-05-2017 at 07:20 AM.

The functions seem very nice, from moon to incredibly bright. Why don't they put that into a light that has more mass so it can stay cool?
    Also confused about the versions - D1, Z -- and their beam shapes. Beamshots anywhere?

There is a thread here about the D4 already.

Model wise, the D1 is the small thrower, D1S is the large head thrower, D4 is the quad optic, and the D7 is supposed to be a 7 emitter setup.
    One seller offers two different lenses. Since the lens is removable, can you buy it with both lenses?

The D4 uses standard Carclo quad optics. Mountain Electronics sells 2 different varieties separately for about $2 each. You could always buy additional optics and swap them in.

I had some thoughts on this, but I'm going to quote this post over in the CPF D4 thread.

From the picture that one might be handle heat better, longer.
    Finger crossed because thats pretty much the only weak point of the d4 and d1

Quote Originally Posted by iamlucky13 View Post
    I had some thoughts on this, but I'm going to quote this post over in the CPF D4 thread.

this one?
    http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55306?page=89

I posted my response here, so it could stay on CPF, but leave this D1S thread dedicated to that light:
    http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/show...=1#post5138558

However, that BLF thread is where almost all the information on the D4 aside from specs are.

Anyone know what the runtime on high is?

And does it have momentary capabilities?
    Last edited by busseguy; 11-07-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by busseguy View Post
    Anyone know what the runtime on high is?

And does it have momentary capabilities?
    Runtime would be dependant on multiple factors including battery used and thermal stepdown. However it pulls around 6A so you can probably do the maths!

There is a momentary mode, which you need to enter with 4 clicks.

stephenk's review with a cool X-ray of the D1S.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...age-Emisar-D1S

Just got my Thrower after having a good time with a D4 for a couple weeks. Wow so much fun but doesn't heat up lickity split like my D4. Now I want a plain old D1. Man I wish somebody made a lanyard ring the screw cap could torq down on if you don't like belt clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Going_Supernova View Post
    Yes, it does matter, but per forum rules I cannot elaborate.
    Hi, curious nooblet here...
    Which forum rule prevents you from discussing this?

tia...

Quote Originally Posted by hellcatrydr View Post
    Hi, curious nooblet here...
    Which forum rule prevents you from discussing this?

tia...
    Guessing that the kind sir is referring to the fact that CPF does not want members implying or stating that some countries are better or some countries are worse when it comes to place of manufacture: that politics (and overt nationalism) are not appropriate forum discussion because it is divisive and derailing.

Quote Originally Posted by browndude3649 View Post
    Just got my Thrower after having a good time with a D4 for a couple weeks. Wow so much fun but doesn't heat up lickity split like my D4. Now I want a plain old D1. Man I wish somebody made a lanyard ring the screw cap could torq down on if you don't like belt clips.
    Yeah the D1 is a great all around light.
    Consider that you might not want a loop on the end cap anyways, one handed it's easier to lockout the battery at the head/ tube end instead of at the tail cap, and somehow it seems - maybe from the low mass of the tail cap compared to the rest of the light, that it's something more to be protected than yanked on, hung from...
    You could lash a loop that's anchored from the battery tube, the loop extending over and around the tail cap, pretty simple with good technique at making a tight lashing.
    That's one solution, using a Lapp knot to attach a lanyard to a fixed loop is a pretty good trick too.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by eh4 View Post
    Yeah the D1 is a great all around light.
    Consider that you might not want a loop on the end cap anyways, one handed it's easier to lockout the battery at the head/ tube end instead of at the tail cap, and somehow it seems - maybe from the low mass of the tail cap compared to the rest of the light, that it's something more to be protected than yanked on, hung from...
    You could lash a loop that's anchored from the battery tube, the loop extending over and around the tail cap, pretty simple with good technique at making a tight lashing.
    That's one solution, using a Lapp knot to attach a lanyard to a fixed loop is a pretty good trick too.
    I have kite bridle line prolly 250lb that could fit nicely between the head rails.

Also the Astrolux holster off ebay from asia fits a D4 real nicely, and the elastic isnt stiff. Half inch xtra room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12