Klarus        

Thread: Duracell Leak Guarantee Claim Turnaround Time

Unenlightened

Question Duracell Leak Guarantee Claim Turnaround Time

For those of you who have sent items damaged by leaking Duracell batteries to them to be repaired or replaced under their guarantee, how long did it take to get your item back?

I shipped them a camera flash damaged by leaking Duracell AA alkaline batteries two months ago and haven't heard anything back from them. Tracking confirms they received it July 3. Should I be worried at this point that I'm never going to hear back from them, or does it typically take this long?

Default Re: Duracell Leak Guarantee Claim Turnaround Time

Interesting subject, I was unaware of this program. I obviously have no experience to comment on your wait time but I wish you luck and will be checking back for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by picolumen View Post
    I shipped them a camera flash damaged by leaking Duracell AA alkaline batteries two months ago and haven't heard anything back from them. Tracking confirms they received it July 3. Should I be worried at this point that I'm never going to hear back from them, or does it typically take this long?
    Be worried, but not too much.

Also, read up on how to take companies to small claims court. I'll bet €0.02 that it'd start with a warning of intent to seek judgement, and that would probably get their attention.

Before that though, fire off an email asking for a status, and make it clear you need an answer "asap, and no later than 14 days". Then forget about it for two weeks. With any luck, it'll work itself out nicely.

Down the street from Cree HQ in Durham, NC

It has been my experience that it can take 3 to 4 months for a solution. The end result of my case was very reasonable in my opinion.

Unenlightened

I sent Duracell an email yesterday telling them about the leak that ruined my Nitecore EA4. Within two hours they had responded asking some questions (best before date on battery, where purchased, how much to replace unit). An hour later I got an email saying they are reimbursing me for the replacement of the flashlight. I am awaiting the email from Chase Bank with deposit info.

So I have done right by them (so far), except I won't use Duracell alkaline batteries (or any other alkaline, for that matter) in the new lamp.

Joe.

Flashaholic*

It's been a few years, but Duracell took about a week after receipt of the damaged light to get a check for the replacement cost.

I had two light meters, a Panasonic shortwave radio and one Nikon flash unit damaged in a three month period. Totally alkaline battery free now.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.