Laptop Battery replacement needed

Almighty1

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any good sources for quality Laptop Battery replacements? This is a ASUS A42-G74 battery pack which is 14.4v 5200mAh.

I did find this:
http://www.safebatteries.com/asus-a42-g74-battery.html

which claims to be using Panasonic NNP technology cells and it's 8 cells to get 6200mAh. My question is even if they have the batteries in series, wouldn't 8 cells actually be more than 14.4v as at 3.7v which is what is used for 18650 cells, that would be 29.6v unless they use a different sized cell that has a lower voltage. I don't really want to take apart the original battery but would getting a replacement pack and swapping out the cells work? Thanks!

HKJ

Flashaholic
Anyone have any good sources for quality Laptop Battery replacements? This is a ASUS A42-G74 battery pack which is 14.4v 5200mAh.

I did find this:
http://www.safebatteries.com/asus-a42-g74-battery.html

which claims to be using Panasonic NNP technology cells and it's 8 cells to get 6200mAh. My question is even if they have the batteries in series, wouldn't 8 cells actually be more than 14.4v as at 3.7v which is what is used for 18650 cells, that would be 29.6v unless they use a different sized cell that has a lower voltage. I don't really want to take apart the original battery but would getting a replacement pack and swapping out the cells work? Thanks!

4s2p each battery is 3.6V and 3100mAh, could be NCR18650A

HKJ

Flashaholic
Thanks HKJ, so literally one can actually make a 7000mAh or 7200mAh pack using the newer 3500mAh/3600mAh batteries that you recently reviewed for example.

Theoretically yes, but there is a circuit board in the battery pack that can give problems any time you replace cells, even with same type.
You will have to search for information about your computer/battery pack to see if there will be any problems.

Almighty1

Newly Enlightened
Theoretically yes, but there is a circuit board in the battery pack that can give problems any time you replace cells, even with same type.
You will have to search for information about your computer/battery pack to see if there will be any problems.

That is the hard part since I already did searching and I have only found replacement batteries, nothing about the pack itself with people replacing batteries.