westinghouse 2000mah aa deal online

chewy78

Enlightened
2000mah westinghouse aa nimhs any good? found some real cheap. since my other thread was closed in good deals. are they worth it for .50 -.75 per cell? found some on a very popular auction website i cant list on good deals. I was thing of getting some.

Last edited:

ProfJim

Newly Enlightened
Re: westinghouse 2000mah aa any good?

2000mah westinghouse aa nimhs any good? found some real cheap. since my other thread was closed in good deals. are they worth it for .50 -.75 per cell? found some on a very popular auction website i cant list on good deals. I was thing of getting some.
Buying 40 pre-charged, NiMH batteries for $19.99 with free shipping sounds like a really good deal, but....
  1. They are older N.O.S. (New Old Stock) batteries that are made in China.
  2. The seller states that they can be recharged only up to 1000 times.
  3. You will probably need to use an Analyzing Charger to discharge and charge each battery at least 3 to 5 times to reach their full capacity which might be 10% - 25% lower than their 2000 mAh rating.
  4. My best SWAG is that up to 25% of the batteries won't be usable.

The best use of these batteries will probably be in low drain devices, i.e. not in cameras or flash units.
I think that these batteries will be useful during a Zombie invasion, where you can throw the batteries at them when they attack. ;)

In spite of all of the negatives I'm seriously thinking of buying the 40 battery package.

chewy78

Enlightened

well i have 4 opus analyzers , aad a maha 9000. so that's not a problem. if i needed a bunch for solar lights i would buy some. They are 40 cells on ebay for 19.99. kind of a cheap price.

ProfJim

Newly Enlightened

well i have 4 opus analyzers , aad a maha 9000. so that's not a problem. if i needed a bunch for solar lights i would buy some. They are 40 cells on ebay for 19.99. kind of a cheap price.
The way I look at it is it's still a good deal even if only 75% of the batteries have a capacity of at least 1600 mAh after running each cell through several refresh/analyze cycles. I plan to write an article about how good/bad these batteries are for the non-technical readers at the FilterJoe website. Other than an old set of Powerex 2700 HSD batteries that I still have, all my batteries are made in Japan FDKloops aka Fujitsu and eneloops.

It will be interesting to see how well your 40 battery purchase turns out and compares with my results.
Good luck, may the better man win. :twothumbs

I only have three Opus chargers (BT-C2000, BT-C2400, BT-C700), an MH-C9000 (oldie but not moldy), Fujitsu FCT344, Eneloop BQ-CC55, and a Powerex CF-204W "paper weight". I'm not including the La Crosse BC1000 that died.

chewy78

Enlightened

but i dont have solar lights yet lol

ProfJim

Newly Enlightened

Neither do I, but I ordered a 3-pack of COB night lights and each light requires 4 AAA batteries.
The problem is that now I will need to shoehorn 4 Westinghouse AA batteries into 4 AAA slots for each night light. :banghead:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was bit by the temptations of cheap NiMH cells. Thanks guys!!!!

ProfJim

Newly Enlightened

I ordered the 40 battery kit yesterday and the order was shipped today from Arlington, Texas.
Expected delivery is on or before Friday, September 15th.

WARNING: The free shipping now says $5.00 Expedited Shipping and this raises the price per cell from 50 cents to 62.5 cents.
This is still a much better deal than buying a single 4-pack of these batteries for $3.00 + $2.80 for shipping which brings the cost per cell to $1.45.
The shipping information for a single 4-pack says:
each additional item adds 30 cents.

I hope to post some preliminary results this coming weekend.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Are we assuming that these are pre charged AA's? Something like Eneloops?

Bill

Last edited:

ProfJim

Newly Enlightened

Are we assuming that these are pre charged AA's? Something like Eneloops?

Bill
I swear that I found information that said that these batteries are pre-charged but now I can't find anything that says that they are pre-charged or LSD batteries.
A picture of the back of the battery card says: #3 Charge batteries before using. :hairpull:
I sent a message to the seller asking about this and as of right now, it looks like I'm the not so proud owner of 40 new and unused paperweights. :(

chewy78

Enlightened

I swear that I found information that said that these batteries are pre-charged but now I can't find anything that says that they are pre-charged or LSD batteries.
A picture of the back of the battery card says: #3 Charge batteries before using. :hairpull:
I sent a message to the seller asking about this and as of right now, it looks like I'm the not so proud owner of 40 new and unused paperweights. :(

i never said they were precharged or lsds LOL

ProfJim

Newly Enlightened

i never said they were precharged or lsds LOL
I never said that you claimed that the batteries were LSD or pre-charged.
Anytime someone makes a claim, I always try to verify the claim.

The batteries will probably be fine in applications where they are regularly getting a daily charge, such as with outdoor solar lights. They might also be OK if they're used shortly after charging in drones or with radio controlled vehicles.

I don't like HSD batteries that require frequent charging when the devices are infrequently used.

Latest posts