Default iPhone X is here;)

Just showed up on apple YouTube channel it's seems great

https://youtu.be/mW6hFttt_KE

Default Re: iPhone X is here;)

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    Just showed up on apple YouTube channel it's seems great

https://youtu.be/mW6hFttt_KE
    $1,000!!! Exsqueeze me!

~ Chance who only purchases refurbished iPhones.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    $1,000!!! Exsqueeze me!
    OLED Retina display + stainless steel case, a grand is about right..

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    $1,000!!! Exsqueeze me!

~ Chance who only purchases refurbished iPhones.
    As much as $1500.

Rush talked about it before it arrived. Apparently going to be a limited run of a million and for iPhones, that aint many...

The 8 has my interest.
    John 3:16
    "I'm still a Toys R Us kid" -PK

Well no doubt my next phone will be of a fruit flavour. In fact I think I have had apple pretty much from the start. Had a Samsung once and was not impressed......remember the pixon.....1st 8mp camera. Battery gave in within 6hrs, went back and apple it was.

Had the 6 plus and now 7 plus and really like them, it will be a plus but not sure what model. I know I won't pay crazy for stuff that is a novelty(no matter how cool at 1st).

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    OLED Retina display + stainless steel case, a grand is about right..
    Cocaine was once God's way of telling people they made too much money. Now it's a $1,000 iPhone X.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

But you can't fawn at the idea of a stainless HiCRI flashlight and then laugh at a stainless OLED phone..

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    But you can't fawn at the idea of a stainless HiCRI flashlight and then laugh at a stainless OLED phone..
    ....... You make an interesting point.

~ CG

At that price i will happily take neither

The size increase from the 5 to the 6 was substantial, says my pockets. I assume the 8 is bigger than the 6? Any increase over the 6 is just too big for me. At that point, I'm gonna have to throw in the towel. Not sure what I'll do then.

p.s. I just checked and surprisingly the 6 and 8 are pretty much the same size and weight (few grams, fraction of a mm). I'm in when the time comes
    Last edited by markr6; 09-14-2017 at 08:15 AM.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    I paid €800 for my Samsung S8. That hurt! before I'd the Nexus 6P, which was somewhere around €600.
    No way, I would pay €650-700+ again for a phone. I wonder what Google will do with their new Pixel that will launch 4 Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    How many custom lights can we get out of it?
    Dave
    "two is one, one is none... three or more is fun."

Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    How many custom lights can we get out of it?

There has to be 2 or 3 nice customs in there......................

I do like a decent phone as it helps pass the time(tbh when it rings it annoys me ) . So a larger screen like the 7 plus works well for me, surfing etc which passes time. Phone prices are crazy, more so in the last couple of years when you can get a nice laptop and 55" TV for the price of an X!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I just checked and surprisingly the 6 and 8 are pretty much the same size and weight (few grams, fraction of a mm). I'm in when the time comes
    The X is the same size format as 6/8, 30+ grams weightier thanks to steel though.

I would prefer the X be the same size as the Pluses just for the battery; I didn't think I'd want to carry the larger format until I got used to the runtime and display..

They got rid of that "perfect" 128GB size

I have that in the 6S and it's great. More than I need, but doesn't hurt to have some breathing room. 256GB I cannot justify.
    GOOD TINT!

Because it's down to Cloud people vs "I store everything on my phone" folk. Downloaded movies and songs make up nearly all my phone space, turns out 2,000+ photos is only ~3GB.

5.95GB for 1105 photos on mine. I think they vary depending on certain aspects of the photo, HDR, etc. Even after some movies and music I'm still only half full, but that's on 128GB. 64GB won't do it for me.
    GOOD TINT!

I always buy the one with smallest capacity. All the photos and video are backed up automatically with Google Photos - you can choose between full resolution (paid, 100 GB costs 2$/month, or 1 TB is 10$/month) or slightly compressed resolution (not really noticeable) which is for free and unlimited. I can access the pictures from anywhere and anytime. And I won't loose anything if I should loose my phone.
    Surefire A2 Aviator . If you like this place, you can donate to CPF here

1000-1500 dollars? That's a big NOPE!

I'm sure it's nice (I don't even like certain design aspects of it), but for that amount of money you can get so many other things AND a really nice smartphone. The value proposition here is not good in my opinion. If you have the money I guess you can get whatever you want though.

I guess these days a big smartphone can basically act as a full computer (sort of) for certain people if you supplement it with things like a Bluetooth keyboard and what not. But even that is for very light work. I don't know though. Even then what you're actually getting for 1000 dollars (or way more) seems a bit shallow. You can get a really powerful unlocked Android smartphone these days for 200-250 bucks. Oh and it's Apple so you can't even put a big supplementary micro SD card in it because... Apple.

This Iphone is shiny though so there's that!
    Last edited by martinaee; 09-14-2017 at 05:10 PM.

I don't think apple is looking to make the X as a huge-mungous block buster, but instead a limited edition tenth anniversary type of thing. A celebration of just how far things have progressed since iPhone 1.

It also seems to be a trial balloon aimed at a certain audience, and not the masses.

Apparently unlike most iPhones the X will take a lot longer to build each one... like only a few hundred a month versus the usual thousands per month.

Will it be a flop? Probably not. Being available in 50 countries, there's probably plenty of folks who'll buy it.

It seems at the 'kick off' demonstration it did exactly what it was supposed to do... lock out.
    Apparently several people had tried to get the phone that to turn on using their face and it was set to recognize that poor fellow who ended up embarrassed... and only him. By the time somebody handed it to him it had placed itself into a safe mode. So when you read how it failed at the big shin-dig that's why.

I'm an android user who aint bothered by the $1000-1500 price tag one bit. I just prefer android stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by martinaee View Post
    I guess these days a big smartphone can basically act as a full computer
    You can get a really powerful unlocked Android smartphone
    it's Apple so you can't even put a big supplementary micro SD card in it because... Apple.
    These are the comments section points from a decade ago; the smartphone killed the desktop, only programmers were anxious about the walled garden, iCloud opened in 2011. It's an OLED display and cameras with depth recognition, dude don't get a Dell..

And no one is paying attention to the fact that the Apple Watch now has LTE, which when paired with Airpods means you can take a phone call, check your mail, have Siri send some texts, all without having a rectangular thing in your hand at all.

For sure. I mean, I'll always have to have (and want to have) a much more capable full-fledged PC style computer just because it's so much more user oriented for actually creating and being productive, but I definitely do think there are people out there these days who could get by with just having a really nice smartphone. For just "consuming" content a nice tablet or phone definitely does most things.

I think smartphones and big tablets "killed" PCs for certain types of users for sure.

I have the iPhone 7 so I'm not going to upgrade anytime soon. However, I'm also not super excited for unlocking using the face recognition feature of the X yet. Even if it is more secure and is plenty fast I don't see how it could compare to the fact that with TouchID you can unlock your phone before it's even fully out of your pocket. By the time the phone is anywhere near my face it is ready to go with TouchID.

I guess if it's instantaneous then maybe there won't be much of a delay when you start to look at the phone so it won't matter too much, but we'll see. The other issue is that to close an app there is now a gesture, right? That also sounds a little less reliable than just hitting the home button to close apps. Maybe it will end up being a great system so I'll wait and see, but right now I have some doubts about it being a better system.

Not only is it nog enough of an upgrade for my current iPhone. They sell it here for more than 1300 EU, cheating us out on more than 300 EU for nothing. Theft.😡

With all this talk i have looked a bit closer to the 8plus and X..............i would be telling fibs if i said they dont appeal. Like the design of the X but still cant see me investing that kind of money. The contract I am on can be upgraded at anytime, basically just pay off the phone(not the talk/data). As i change my mind at times like the wind, i cant rule out this year................would say unlikely as pretty happy with the 7+.

The face recognition looks cool and no doubt will grow over time to be awesome! The way you control the emoji's is a novelty but hey...........small minds n all

I can just see myself gurning to unlock my phone

See what the 8s+ will be like next year...............better deal on the 8+ as well by then

I recently purchased a refurbished 6S for the sum of $366. ..... Drops the mic and walks off stage.

Seriously though, for me anyhow, paying for and carrying a $1,200 phone is nuts! I liken it to carrying a $2,000 sidearm when a $500 one will do. Or a $5,000 watch, or a $200 pair of jeans, or $300 for sunglasses. etc. etc.

The only exception is my B.O.S.S. 70. But it's still pretty reserved when compared to a Tri-V. Oh, btw, my 60 year old eyes like the real estate of the 6S, but my hands and pockets miss the size of the 5S.

~ Chance

^^ My prescription glasses have $500 lenses in $14 frames. But I typically keep the same strength prescription for a few years.
    I bought some plastic lenses to replace a 15 year old pair with glass lenses when I needed bi-focals and they talked me into nano this and mega that. The cost came to $350 with frames. Well in my job dust is normal. I noted they were dusty and wiped 'em off using my old faithful t-shirt mode. MISTAKE!! $350 glasses ruined the first day I had them.
    Well I went around with those spider-web'd lenses for about a year and decided to go back to glass. There are only a couple of companies doing glass anymore. One was a Canadian company that uses Karl Zeiss glass. And they have a computer operated method of doing the tranistion from near to far... all the way to the outter edges. Amazing once I got used to it. Now the reason for the $14 frame was because it was the only frame the place had that I liked. I bought 3 of the same frame in case the one I wear breaks. 6 or so years later I still wipe them with a t-shirt and except for a slight knick in one of the lenses they are still scratch-less. Money well spent in my view.

So the other day this lady says she's going to buy her husband an X so that while he is sleeping she can hold it over his face to unlock it and check his texts n stuff...

So X owners... if you're cheating on your partner and own an X, sleep with a ski mask on...
    Last edited by bykfixer; 09-16-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Nah they said a sleeping face won't unlock it actually. But who knows?

I got the 7 when it came out last year so I have at least a year until I upgrade again. It's a business writeoff for me at least. At that point maybe my dad will have killed my old 6 I passed down to him and will need my 7. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Nah they said a sleeping face won't unlock it actually. But who knows?
    The other day a noted iPhone expert said the thing has like 3000 sensors or points or something, so it is apparently pretty good at not falling for a fake (yet anyway)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast