ArmyTek        
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

  1. #1

    Default Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    Andrew and Amanda are taking pre-orders for the Jetbeam Jet-TH20. They claim 3450 lumens using one 18650 battery. With a peak beam intensity of 25,600 cd and 320 meters of throw. This requires the use of a high drain battery which is included. You can use a regular 18650 but it will produce 1900 lumens. Does anyone know how many amps are required to run this light at it's full output? Will a 10 amp battery such as a Sanyo 18650GA or LG H1 work? Thanks for any info you can provide.

  2. #2
    Flashaholic search_and_rescue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    280

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    Based upon my experience with the T21vnXHP70.2 Fiat Lux, a 10 Amp such as Acebeam 3100 mAh Protected 18650 cell (for sale on SkyLumen's website) is required. When I tried a cheaper 8 Amp protected cell, the brightness was limited in output. Vinh Nguyen is correct: for a high-drain Protected 18650 cell requirement, the Acebeam 3100 mAh is one of the few that works. He has it for sale on his SkyLumen website and my experience allows me to highly recommend it. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by vincent3685 View Post
    Andrew and Amanda are taking pre-orders for the Jetbeam Jet-TH20. They claim 3450 lumens using one 18650 battery. With a peak beam intensity of 25,600 cd and 320 meters of throw. This requires the use of a high drain battery which is included. You can use a regular 18650 but it will produce 1900 lumens. Does anyone know how many amps are required to run this light at it's full output? Will a 10 amp battery such as a Sanyo 18650GA or LG H1 work? Thanks for any info you can provide.

  3. #3
    Flashaholic sp5it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    243

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    Quote Originally Posted by vincent3685 View Post
    Andrew and Amanda are taking pre-orders for the Jetbeam Jet-TH20. They claim 3450 lumens using one 18650 battery.
    How long stable 3450?
    Mike
    My flashlight is bigger than yours...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    Short time

  5. #5

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    Quote Originally Posted by sp5it View Post
    How long stable?
    Mike
    Specs Claim 1hr and 6 min.
    Search and Rescue;
    If your T21vnXHP70.2 will run on an Acebeam protected 3100amp protected battery. Is there any reason to suspect the Jetbeam won't run on my LG 10amp 3500 amp or Sanyo NCR1860GA also, given that it has the same emmiter? Thanks.
    Last edited by vincent3685; 09-12-2017 at 09:33 PM. Reason: correction added

  6. #6
    Flashaholic search_and_rescue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    280

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    Hi Vincent, I would be confident in purchasing the two cells you named. There is even an EastValley 10 Amp Protected High Drain 18650 on Amazon that I nearly bought. I have a little bit of a psychiatric illness (like Monk) and I can't have more batteries laying around which is the only reason I didn't buy it. The cell Jetbeam HR26 that comes with the light will be good enough for me.

    In addition, I suspect the following cells will work well:
    Orbtronic Protected High Drain 10 Amp 3500 mAh
    Any cell based upon the Sanyo NCR18650GA
    LG 10 Amp Protected 3500 mAh



    Quote Originally Posted by vincent3685 View Post
    Specs Claim 1hr and 6 min.
    Search and Rescue;
    If your T21vnXHP70.2 will run on an Acebeam protected 3100amp protected battery. Is there any reason to suspect the Jetbeam won't run on my LG 10amp 3500 amp or Sanyo NCR1860GA also, given that it has the same emmiter? Thanks.

  7. #7
    *Flashaholic* Capolini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley Forge, Pa.
    Posts
    5,295

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    IMO best battery choices are: In order

    1.Sony VTC6
    2.Samsung 30Q
    3.LGHG2
    Can not go wrong w/ either of them.

    These are ALL 3000mAh cells. From my experience there is very little run time gain using a 3400/3500mah cell when compared to the aforementioned.

    These can be had for $5 to $7 @ Liionwholesale.com

    Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. ,,,Capolini 10.21.2003

  8. #8

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    Sony VTC5 is lower capacity than VTC6, but capable of higher amps. If you want absolutely max possible output on a full cell VTC5 should be brighter than VTC6.

  9. #9
    *Flashaholic* Capolini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley Forge, Pa.
    Posts
    5,295

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Sony VTC5 is lower capacity than VTC6, but capable of higher amps. If you want absolutely max possible output on a full cell VTC5 should be brighter than VTC6.
    That may be true. But it will ABSOLUTELY not be noticeable with the human eye. However, the run time w/ the VTC6 will be noticeable,,even if it is slight.
    Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. ,,,Capolini 10.21.2003

  10. #10

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    Thanks for all the info everyone. Does anyone know the amperage of the battery Jetbeam includes with this light? What would be the minimum amps required to access full turbo mode? Thanks again.

  11. #11
    Flashaholic* subwoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hove, UK
    Posts
    2,356

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    I have a prototype/preview sample on test now. I'm hoping to post the completed preview-review in the next few days.

    I can say that a 20A Efest IMR does not keep up with the included special ICR cell Jetbeam supply.

    Unfortunately due to the circuit design I can't take a current measurement (there is a secondary conductor sleeve running along the battery tube).
    Tactical Reviews by Subwoofer
    Latest Reviews - @TacticalReviews and Facebook
    CandlePower Forums "Trusted Product Tester / Reviewer"

  12. #12
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    Hi Guys.

    Would anyone maybe know if a flat top IMR cell would function or is a button top required?


    WTB:
    Mac Tri EDC Copper & Aluminium / Surefire 6P Safety Orange

  13. #13
    Flashaholic* subwoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hove, UK
    Posts
    2,356

    Default Re: Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

    Quote Originally Posted by Marten View Post
    Hi Guys.

    Would anyone maybe know if a flat top IMR cell would function or is a button top required?
    I've been testing with flat top cells and button top cells. Unless the positive contact design is changed in the final production version, flat tops will be fine.
    Last edited by subwoofer; Today at 05:02 AM.
    Tactical Reviews by Subwoofer
    Latest Reviews - @TacticalReviews and Facebook
    CandlePower Forums "Trusted Product Tester / Reviewer"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •