JETBeam NITEYE E20R - Review flashlight powered 1 * 16340

zieloczek100

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
My name is Eryk. I am writing reviews in Polish.
Reviews I translate – google translator.

C8 Pro review: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ed-flashlight-1-*-18650&p=5133901#post5133901

The package is kept in black and blue.The manufacturer has completely changed the look of the packaging, now they resemble those of other large manufacturers' flashlights.On the front a few key information, including the LED used - Luminus SST40 and power 1 "16340.

On the back of the table "with lumens"

The sides of the package, hmm remind me recently tested Fenix ​​HL60R
ACMcAG1XAPjOAH5qAH98ANC0AFZRAMyZAJmZmQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAUUADAALAAAAAAPAA8AAAaaQJgQZkg8AI BYTgkFBSrlshi pAIzYdDRaFoGAxE6IGFFTCLjPe7abtIRNQk7QVvThvEoyhY0DUaLAAsGwwhAw8eCwcFAA0aAJFgFkcXCxUSGY8QABCAHUiKfhlqaxoUEQ8JaIsHpF2wFQkGcourICsKpBd7Zg5zHiDCAX4jBUIEqn7LCyUjZE0FDykcFy8pCgVlTEVHqktDQQA7

In addition to the flashlight in the package are also:
- papyrrology
- USB cable
lanyard for wrist
- backup oring
- clip for mounting (the E20R is included)

User manual

Recently, more and more tests of big flashlights appear, and here is such a little thing
ACMcAG1XAPjOAH5qAH98ANC0AFZRAMyZAJmZmQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAUUADAALAAAAAAPAA8AAAaaQJgQZkg8AI BYTgkFBSrlshi pAIzYdDRaFoGAxE6IGFFTCLjPe7abtIRNQk7QVvThvEoyhY0DUaLAAsGwwhAw8eCwcFAA0aAJFgFkcXCxUSGY8QABCAHUiKfhlqaxoUEQ8JaIsHpF2wFQkGcourICsKpBd7Zg5zHiDCAX4jBUIEqn7LCyUjZE0FDykcFy8pCgVlTEVHqktDQQA7

Approximately standard, ie fast with AR coatings (seems to be quite thick), OP headlamp, and SST40 LED (size equivalent to XM-L2), unfortunately with cold color.I've been browsing the internet and the LEDs are pretty good at diodes with the Cree diodes, and maybe even better, but someone has to say more technical here.

Cold LED and matt lace with delicate, though noticeable notches well glued (And I hoped on the E20R with XM-L2 neutral or even with Nichia 219C

Button with the logo of the JETBeam submenu - that is, NITEYE with the LED indicating the state of the charge of the cell, but about it later.Click - initially we feel the work of the spring, then the resistance and characteristic click.Accurate, pleasant, not as good as the Acebeam EC35, such a regular, distinctive sign for the whole series of flashlights.

On the "second side" USB port, well made, with a protective tape of the right thickness, I would not risk putting it in water for a long time anyway.Below model, ie JET-E20R and destiny - EDC SERIES.
I just like this performance I really like.The inscriptions in one line with buttons and ports, nothing is crooked, ugly, and for that beautiful matte color, I want more such products!

The manufacturer gives performance at 1A, the tester indicates 0.8A, which is still a good result, looking at the capacity of the cells.When charging, the LED in the button flashes green.

As part of the curiosity, we can power the flashlight from PowerBank itself, without a link.
My tester shows such results at 5V.Modes with such power supply operate in a strange combination:
- moon 0.01A
- low 0.12A (in every mode the green LED in the button flashes, but in this quickest way)
high 0.72A
- average 0.32A (and surprisingly only in this mode you hear the squeak)
- low 0.01A
And again low, and so on

Another interesting thing is the highest mode of the normal mode group.We will turn on the flashlight in the highest mode, and in addition, we will connect, for example, PowerBank, the torch receives some TURBO, because with such power it shines noticeably brighter.I do not know if this connection is secure, but what do we do for extra lumens?

A tube on the cell with a delicate, but perceptible matting, simple but classy

We do not unscrew the cap, but unscrew the cap, here we will install the leash, but somehow it looks strange with such a small flashlight

The ring turns too lightly, I do not recommend to install the leash - easily lose the flashlight

Unless we mount a clip that spoils the whole.With the clip the cap is unlikely to open itself, but if we want to replace the link, we'll scratch the torch with the horns

The flashlight has a magnet.We have no problem fixing the E20R in different positions or standing in a standing position

Thread, thick, well done, just the best.
Very, very gently lubricated, definitely for improvement

With the flashlight, we get a 680mAh RCR123A / 16340 (I recommend you check out what's included in the box) - and my USB tester or Liitokala Lii-500 confirms it.

Spring, like thread, thick, massive, hard - why in many large lanterns we do not see such quality?!

And the heart of every device:
At first glance, you can see protection against reverse polarity.The cell has a low voltage protection, JETBeam added one more to the controller - and at low voltage, below 3.4V will start to crack modes.At 3.4V the green LED of the switch will flash "slowly" and below 3.1V will accelerate, it is a sign that you need to replace and recharge the cell.

We turn on the flashlight with a single click.Enables the last mode memory.With single clicks we change modes.They operate in a loop from the highest to the lowest, I prefer the reverse operation.
Double click to activate strobe mode (whether flashlight is on or off)

Strobe mode, although not needed, here does a good job.Why?
We do not have a physical, hard-working button, so you have to secure it somehow.How?Definitely not unscrewing the tube
There is protection against accidentally turning on the flashlight.
Turn off the flashlight, press the button for 3 seconds, one flash, and the protection is active!Of course, to turn them off, we are acting anagogically.

But what about Strobe?With this option, you can always use a secured flashlight.Flashlight with active protection - two fast clips, Strobo activated, one click with standard mode loop, turn off flashlight - protection is active.In my opinion a great solution.This protection will be active even if we turn the flashlight to replace the cell, after the cell is replaced, it is active (but only a moment, then it resets)!

The instruction decreases the brightness to 65%.In fact it is a drop to 45%, which is still a great result because
A drop from 2.5A to 1.1A is a drop to about 45%, which is very well illustrated by the graph.Assuming the initial 990lm - drop to 45% - and we have about 440lm, it's still a sensational result.In 30 minutes it was about 30%, so close to 300lm, and so to 50 minutes, then a sharp drop.
In my opinion, a small flashlight and quite stable 300lm for nearly an hour?What more could you want
ACMcAH5qAG1XAH98ANC0APjOAMyZAJmZmQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAUUAC4ALAAAAAAPAA8AAAabQJfQdVA0AI3BYTgkFBKo1YJS ogIzYaDFYlcGAyEpoF1FSyZifeLaVdExBMo7QVjTBhEoyjIZFAAEhcqACoYDBoDDR5 AI4XjgBgFEcQfoAoFyEAIRcXHUiMfhNqaxcRDw0KaBkGBqRdsRUKB3KtqxsoCaQQe2YOcx4bwwF JAVCBKp zBkjJGRNBQ0pHBAtKQkFZUxFR6pLQ0EAOw==

Field shooting, camera settings ISO-200, f / 2, 2s, white balance - Fluorescent H

JETBeam E20R

Jetbeam JET - I MK

JETBeam E20R, great light distribution, but who likes?

Comparison of size to JET- and MK (my E20R looks much better, but JET and MK is still a great model)

Full size photos:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2m6JuI1fzzqSDFnbGFMaGlCZ1k?usp=sharing

A few words to summarize:
I may start by complaining.We can certainly complain about the USB port, it's not the plug that I know of, among others Fenix ​​HL60R, momentary immersion will not hurt it, but be careful.The choice of the diode is limited, basically only to the cold SST40 (although it is not 6500K known from other models, I would rather aim around 5800-6000K) + glued mountain = difficult access to the diode.
But there are many positives.Safeguard against accidental operation, cool performance of the controller, well-balanced modes, excellent performance, beautiful matt color, and the lines in the line with the rest - ohh, something beautiful!There was a magnet, a place for a cord, a wretched clip (which is fortunately a part of the equipment).

I sincerely recommend this flashlight, I can not often write it, but the E20R is charming.We are still waiting for the official appearance of the E20R in stores, but if eventually its price with discount codes will be around 25USD - I highly recommend!

Successful shopping !
Regards
Eryk

Finally a small gallery:

Soon

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the review zieloczek100. Can you say if an 18350 will fit in the E20R, as it does with the Niteye EC-R16?

zieloczek100

Newly Enlightened
Hi moshow9,

I do not know if the 18350 will fit in the E20R. Sayno NCR18650GA fits, but of course it's too long.
I think the slim 18350 will fit into the E20R without problems. There is a lot of free space.

Do you have any good 18350 that fit into the EC-R16? ;)

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Eryk. I received mine today and can confirm that a button top 18350 will fit.

I do have a slight problem with mine, unless I am doing something wrong. A single click is needed to turn the E20R on, while a long press will turn it off. In the beginning this was working for me but now it does not. If I single click to turn the light on, it does not turn on. I have to double click from off to turn on in to strobe, then another click will go from strobe to normal modes. I can then cycle through the modes from Turbo to moonlight, then turn the light off. But from off again a single click does not turn my light on. I have tried with the included Jetbeam 16340, an AW IMR, and EagleTac IMR and have had no luck.

Is there a hidden lockout mode that doesn't fully lock the light out? Any ideas anyone?

Edit: Okay I figured it out. There is a hidden lockout mode. I checked the manual and didn't see a mention of it, but maybe I missed it? From off, a press and hold until it flashes locks out the light. But similar to the Jetbeam Jet II Pro, certain functions can still be accessed while locked out, such as a double click to activate strobe and then a press moving the light over to the constant output modes.

With the light locked out, another press and hold until the light turns back on will unlock it. :)

Double Edit: My E20R appears to be self locking itself after a certain point of inactivity. I'm guessing this might be faulty perhaps, this does not make sense.

Last edited:

zieloczek100

Newly Enlightened
It works like this:
1 click will turn on the flashlight. I hold the button, it will turn off the flashlight.

If I turn on the lock (i hold the longer button), 2 clocks will turn on strobe, 1 click i have normal modes. Turn off the flashlight, and the protection is still active.

I never had (in C8 Pro and E20R), turn on the lock after a long time.
Try writing to JETBeam, maybe something will tell you.

goldenlight

Enlightened
Wow. Absolutely GREAT review, Eryk! Really NICE photographs, too. Thank you for all your work on your wonderful review!
Google translate did a very decent job translating it.

I missed this review somehow when I looked for information on this small new light.

My interest is caused by that for us inside the USA, the Jetbeam E20R is on sale for one day, Wed 10/25/17, for $39 on the smaller flashlight site run by Andrew and his wife Amanda in Atlanta, GA. This includes free shipping, for a $21 savings. A good buy on a very new flashlight. I'm going to buy one.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a short and quick video (sorry about the quality) on my E20R. Sometimes a few mode changes (1-3), not cycles, is all it takes for it to lock out. Sometimes it runs fine for an extended period.

zieloczek100

Newly Enlightened
I clicked on my 10 minutes, nothing happened .

It looks like a faulty driver. Write to the store, send this film, I think they will send the second flashlight.