NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire tactician

Default Re: Surefire tactician

The pocket clip from the EDCL-2T works for the Tactician, so those that like bezel down carry have that option!ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1514973937.850978.jpgImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1514973955.753364.jpg

Default Surefire tactician

Quote Originally Posted by JPA261 View Post
    The pocket clip from the EDCL-2T works for the Tactician, so those that like bezel down carry have that option!ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1514973937.850978.jpgImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1514973955.753364.jpg
    So they beefed up the EDCL2-T clips as well. Thatís good to hear.

I already have an E2DL body and clickie tailcap so I can put the Tactician head on there if I want a bezel down clip and narrower tailcap. Looks like there are some great Lego possibilities! Now I just have to wait for the Tactician to ship from Surefire.

Quote Originally Posted by mk2rocco View Post
    Running a 16650 with a clicky
    So the standard clickie works on the Tactician, thatís good to know! And the 16650 works too! Canít wait to get mine!
    Last edited by Sean; 01-03-2018 at 09:00 AM.

...and I'm back IN on this light.

Thank you very much for this information.

Mine showed up today. Very nice. Small like an e2e or an l4 was. Great tint and beam. Runs like normal off a 2500mah 16650.

So. The tactitian head works well on a lx2 body. Nice low and if you unscrew the head you get an even lower low but only one output. With the head tight you get a 20 ish lumen low maybe a little more plus high when you press the tailcap fully.

Same cannot be said for the tactitian head on the edcl2 body. Only get high.

Quote Originally Posted by teak View Post
    Mine showed up today. Very nice. Small like an e2e or an l4 was. Great tint and beam. Runs like normal off a 2500mah 16650.
    So it visually doesnt look dimmer on 16650?
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Marin View Post
    So it visually doesnt look dimmer on 16650?
    Not to me. However I will be able to have a better answer when nightfall approaches.

So now where do I get a new edcl clip to go on this thing?

I assume a Malkoff E2 scout head will work on the Tactician body? Can any verify? Really tempted to make the purchase, I just need a little push.

Flashaholic

If anyone is wondering, the tactitian had a slightly lower low then the edcl2. I was trying to get an amps measurement but my meter wasn't cooperating.

@teak - thanks for sharing, was about to ask for a side-by-side photo.

My spidey sense tells me people are really warming up to these two lights....

Does anybody have the clicky tailcap from the E1B MV to try on the Tactician?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Does anybody have the clicky tailcap from the E1B MV to try on the Tactician?
    Check out post #295.

Ok here is my view on the tactitian compared to the edcl2.

I used both tonight around the house as well as outside. Size goes to the tactitian for sure. As well as the ability to attach a lanyard. The tactitian seems to run more normal on a 16650 over the edcl2. The edcl2 works fine on a 16650 with the exception of the low losing output.

The maxvision beam is great. Nice tint. Id say around 5500k. Low is closer to the rated 5 lumens. Low is fairly useful as long as you are up close. Say out to 10 feet. High is very nice and is very wide. Useful to about 50 yards. You can see further of course but as far as identifying a person or animal, 50 yards is good.

The interface is fine. Sure beats cycling through modes like eb1, ed1 etc. However. It isnt as quick going from one mode to the other of course. I still prefer how the interface is on the tactitian over the said eb2 etc. The pocket clip is robust and it will take some extra effort to break it. I do like that. I dont have a problem with the bezel up. Some may.

Overall the tactitian is a great improvement over many of the older offerings. E2D EB2 etc.

As for the edcl2. Size wise is ok but bigger then id like. Doesnt have an easy way to attach a lanyard. Interface is to me the best there is. Lx2 a2 l1 etc gas pedal switch. This latest version works very well. Nice travel and a great feel. The low is higher then the rated 5 lumens. Pretty close to the lx2. Using low on this light is very useful and low is pretty much all thats needed for general use. Beam wise is pretty wide. Much wider then the old tir of lx2 and others. Also better to me then the g2 led that was used in the 500 lumen eb2 e2dlu etc. High is a thing of beauty. Tint wise id say close to 4500k. Better throw then tactitian obviously due to the tir. Spill is very good as well and only giving the tactitian a slight edge in that department. To me the edcl2 is easier to use both modes due to the gas pedal tailcap, thats pretty obvious though. I really like them both and I'm going to keep them both. However if I had to choose just one id probably go with the edcl2.

Below is a pic of the tactitian and the edcl2. Grain bin is roughly 80 yards.

Tactician

Edcl2

I was just using my Tactician out and about. I'd say it's a great tac light for civilians but cops would probably be better served with the EDCL2-T with the longer throw. Cops have to go find bad guys, civilians don't. I think the EDCL2-T has plenty of spill and throw for cops. Any one who needs a bright spot farther away should not rely on the tactician. I love it, and it works perfect for my needs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    Check out post #295.
    Thanks for the heads up, but there is no indication of which click tailcap that is or what light it is from. Earlier in the thread (post #270), there was some great info on various SF parts that work with the Tactician and parts that donít. Two different click tailcaps were listed as fitting, but not working.

Thats why why I was asking specifically about the E1B MV tailcap.

Flashaholic*

Thanks for the heads up, but there is no indication of which click tailcap that is or what light it is from. Earlier in the thread (post #270), there was some great info on various SF parts that work with the Tactician and parts that donít. Two different click tailcaps were listed as fitting, but not working.

Thats why why I was asking specifically about the E1B MV tailcap.
    No problem, just ask Mk2rocco and I am sure he will let you know which one it is and how it works.

Flashaholic*

My Surefire E1 click tailcap and Surefire Z68 click tailcap work.

Surefire 2-way long clip fits just fine for me.

Tactician head works on my bored E2 body

Tactician head fits and only works on low on my E1 body

Tactician head fits and only works on low on my Malkoff MDC body.

Tactician head works just fine on 2*16340, 2*-18350, 2*18650 and 1*18650.

Comparing output to my V5 Oveready E heads known levels I'd say the 800 lumen high is spot on and I'd say the 5 lumen low is probably a tad higher maybe 7-10 on my sample.
    My Lights: EDC; Nitecore EC1, ZLSC52, Quark Mini AAW, Preon P2
    Duty; Mag Recharger, Malkoff MD2 w/M60, C2 Bored w/LX2 clip Malkof M61 219

There was talk about the clip slot being wider on the Tactician earlier in the thread. After reading Viper's post I tried one of my spare LX2 clips and it fits just fine

My light is now exactly as planned for EDC.

Default Surefire tactician

There was talk about the clip slot being wider on the Tactician earlier in the thread. After reading Viper's post I tried one of my spare LX2 clips and it fits just fine

Quote Originally Posted by teak View Post
    Ok here is my view on the tactitian compared to the edcl2.

I used both tonight around the house as well as outside. Size goes to the tactitian for sure. As well as the ability to attach a lanyard. The tactitian seems to run more normal on a 16650 over the edcl2. The edcl2 works fine on a 16650 with the exception of the low losing output.

The maxvision beam is great. Nice tint. Id say around 5500k. Low is closer to the rated 5 lumens. Low is fairly useful as long as you are up close. Say out to 10 feet. High is very nice and is very wide. Useful to about 50 yards. You can see further of course but as far as identifying a person or animal, 50 yards is good.

The interface is fine. Sure beats cycling through modes like eb1, ed1 etc. However. It isnt as quick going from one mode to the other of course. I still prefer how the interface is on the tactitian over the said eb2 etc. The pocket clip is robust and it will take some extra effort to break it. I do like that. I dont have a problem with the bezel up. Some may.

Overall the tactitian is a great improvement over many of the older offerings. E2D EB2 etc.

As for the edcl2. Size wise is ok but bigger then id like. Doesnt have an easy way to attach a lanyard. Interface is to me the best there is. Lx2 a2 l1 etc gas pedal switch. This latest version works very well. Nice travel and a great feel. The low is higher then the rated 5 lumens. Pretty close to the lx2. Using low on this light is very useful and low is pretty much all thats needed for general use. Beam wise is pretty wide. Much wider then the old tir of lx2 and others. Also better to me then the g2 led that was used in the 500 lumen eb2 e2dlu etc. High is a thing of beauty. Tint wise id say close to 4500k. Better throw then tactitian obviously due to the tir. Spill is very good as well and only giving the tactitian a slight edge in that department. To me the edcl2 is easier to use both modes due to the gas pedal tailcap, thats pretty obvious though. I really like them both and I'm going to keep them both. However if I had to choose just one id probably go with the edcl2.
    Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Sean; 01-04-2018 at 08:23 AM.

What light is the tailcap that you are using in this picture from?

What light is the tailcap that you are using in this picture from?
    It's a Z61, not sure what light it's from but it's the same tailcap the E1b MV uses. I may be wrong here, but the tail threads seem a hair shorter than other e series lights I have. Every tailcap I've tried has worked, but the SF clickys just barely make contact before they bottom out.

The tailcap in the picture has a modified McClicky and hard press boot. The modded McClicky switches are longer than the factory switch so no issues with not making contact.
    Last edited by mk2rocco; 01-04-2018 at 11:00 AM.

It's a Z61, not sure what light it's from but it's the same tailcap the E1b MV uses. I may be wrong here, but the tail threads seem a hair shorter than other e series lights I have. Every tailcap I've tried has worked, but the SF clickys just barely make contact before they bottom out.

The tailcap in the picture has a modified McClicky and hard press boot. The modded McClicky switches are longer than the factory switch so no issues with not making contact.
    Awesome info. Thank you!

Someone should ask Yeager why he chose bezel up for the light.

Flashaholic*

He talks about his design decisions in his videos about designing the light over the last year. It's the same decision Surefire made in the beginning and he has been using their lights for many years. I suspect he trained with their early lights got use to it and has stuck to it throughout the years. From the point of view of a defensive tool in conjunction with a firearm if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    My Lights: EDC; Nitecore EC1, ZLSC52, Quark Mini AAW, Preon P2
    Duty; Mag Recharger, Malkoff MD2 w/M60, C2 Bored w/LX2 clip Malkof M61 219

Quote Originally Posted by Flashlight Dave View Post
    Someone should ask Yeager why he chose bezel up for the light.
    There are a few of us that like being able to clip lights to the bill of a hat. Yeager understands this and stated it in his videos.

Quote Originally Posted by kyhunter1 View Post
    There are a few of us that like being able to clip lights to the bill of a hat. Yeager understands this and stated it in his videos.
    The two way clip canít do the same? Not being sarcastic, genuinely interested as Iíve never tried clipping my SFs to a cap.
    My website: https://precogvision.wordpress.com (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast