Klarus        
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Surefire tactician

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Surefire tactician

Here is 1/4" shock cord for comparison...

It is way too large for a lanyard imo. I would not go larger then 3/16 personally and I think 1/8" is fine too.
    Last edited by Tachead; 01-07-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Hey, I tried...

I work with 4 fingered fellows who'll tell ya, even a wedding band can snag and rip off a finger...
    We use flexible string to establish a straight line and you won't see a single person wrap it around their hand.
    The one guy who did it way back when was nicknamed "lefty" after it ripped his hand off...
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-07-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Hey, I tried...

I work with 4 fingered fellows who'll tell ya, even a wedding band can snag and rip off a finger...
    We use flexible string to establish a straight line and you won't see a single person wrap it around their hand.
    The one guy who did it way back when was nicknamed "lefty" after it ripped his hand off...
    Lol, yeah I totally agree you have to be careful if you are working around machinery. I was a mechanic for many years and I never wore any kind of strings, rings, bracelets, watches etc. on me at work.

But, considering the main design purpose of this light the last thing I want is it coming off my hand because of firearm recoil or during a battle with an assailant.

I suppose it all depends on what the user with be using it for. A breakaway feature would definitely be a good idea if one will be using it at work around machinery.

Flashaholic

Is the SF Tactician in stock anywhere? I can't tell if it's backordered on surefire.com or not.

Thanks!

-- Frank
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Itís not in stock anywhere, and SF is backordered until the end of January at the very least I believe. There is one on the auction site going for auction, but I expect it will go for higher than the MSRP as there is low supply and high demand.
    My website: https://precogvision.wordpress.com (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    Itís not in stock anywhere, and SF is backordered until the end of January at the very least I believe. There is one on the auction site going for auction, but I expect it will go for higher than the MSRP as there is low supply and high demand.
    Thanks!
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Enlightened

Hi any run time data on cr123 and 16650?

So, as I mentioned before, the tactician head works well on a LX2 body. With the head tight you get a nice useful low. Id say 25 lumens. If you want less of a low, loosen the head and you get roughly 5 lumens or so. Small package as well.

Cool!!!

Iím really happy with my Tactician but yesterday it burned a hole through my shirt! Apparently I didnít back off the tail cap enough and it actuated the light while I was driving. I started to smell something burning when I noticed the heat coming from my left rear pocket. So FYI back off the tail cap until it only actuates by pressing the switch.

Thanks Teak for trying that head on an Lx2. You kind of made the Lx2 we always wanted. This may have already been mentioned somewhere but does the tactician head work on the edcl2-t body? Or does the edcl2-t tail cap work on the tactician? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bronc6901 View Post
    Thanks Teak for trying that head on an Lx2. You kind of made the Lx2 we always wanted. This may have already been mentioned somewhere but does the tactician head work on the edcl2-t body? Or does the edcl2-t tail cap work on the tactician? Thanks
    The tactician head works on the edcl2. However. You pretty much only get a single mode. The low barely changes from the high output when you light press the tailcap. Tailcaps do not interchange on either. The threads are longer on the edcl2 and it has a much longer spring.

Too bad. I was wondering how the tactician head would look on the edcl1-t. But looks like that wonít be happening.

Unenlightened

Hello everybody. Been reading this thread since it got started way back when. I preordered 2 of these lights when then link was up. I was using a tan eb2 backup. I personally like the "whiter tint" of this light more. However i do find myself missing the longer throw of the eb2. Thinking of purchasing a edcl2t for comparison. Or maybe trading that extra Tactician towards it.

Has anybody ran the tactician on a 16650 for a extended length of time?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by kyhunter1 View Post
    Has anybody ran the tactician on a 16650 for a extended length of time?
    See post #398 and 399.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom505 View Post
    Hello everybody. Been reading this thread since it got started way back when. I preordered 2 of these lights when then link was up. I was using a tan eb2 backup. I personally like the "whiter tint" of this light more. However i do find myself missing the longer throw of the eb2. Thinking of purchasing a edcl2t for comparison. Or maybe trading that extra Tactician towards it.
    Unless you like the length of a 2xAA with the girth of an EB you may want to hold out for the EDCL1-T to arrive.

The 2-T has a retina blistering football field away beam no doubt. But between the extra length of the head and tailcap it may be longer than some prefer.

I had mine beside a 2xAA on my coffee table in tv light and grabbed the 2-T thinking it was the AA. Pictures of the 1-T appear like it's close to the EB1 length.

I really like the length but...
    Others may think it's too long.

Here's a few to compare the 2-T to.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-10-2018 at 04:06 PM.

What makes the EDCL2 particularly longer than the Tactician? Is it the tailcap?

Head and tailcap are longer then tactician. Plus the threads on the edcl2 are longer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by teak View Post
    Head and tailcap are longer then tactician. Plus the threads on the edcl2 are longer as well.
    @teak thanks! I still don't know which of the 2.

Both

Quote Originally Posted by jkevind11 View Post
    Both
    Ha. Yes. I went with both. Might as well

SureFire Tactician Update from Yeager on orders (his new channel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS0wGwwdKLk

Also, an unboxing and review from a trainer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW15Ap0BCIE

And a couple others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ioqkjjjXc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ioqkjjjXc
    Last edited by TacticianMV; 01-13-2018 at 02:10 PM.

TacticianMV, thanks for posting these links. Still trying to decide on one of these, and all information is helpful.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by teak View Post
    So, as I mentioned before, the tactician head works well on a LX2 body. With the head tight you get a nice useful low. Id say 25 lumens. If you want less of a low, loosen the head and you get roughly 5 lumens or so. Small package as well.

I like the LX2 hybrid.
    --Jason--
    #67/#39

I was playing around with my Tactician and found that my BOSS head wrenches fit the Tactician head...

I replaced the flat gasket with a more traditional o-ring because when I tightened everything down the gasket would bunch up and not sit flat.

Quote Originally Posted by mk2rocco View Post
    I was playing around with my Tactician and found that my BOSS head wrenches fit the Tactician head...

I replaced the flat gasket with a more traditional o-ring because when I tightened everything down the gasket would bunch up and not sit flat.
    Did you have to heat the head?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashlight Dave View Post
    Did you have to heat the head?
    Nope, the head wrenches made it pretty easy.

Enlightened

Thanks for the comparison picture. I think the EDCL2-T length is a bit exaggerated because of the unscrewed tailcap? (looks like that).
    Surefire A2 Aviator . If you like this place, you can donate to CPF here

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819202122 LastLast