Fitorch        
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire tactician

Default Re: Surefire tactician

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Book em Dano. Thanks for the tip.

I was wondering about the max vision thing, pondering a self blinder in any discernable amount of smoke or high humidity in outdoor use, or lighting me up when used indoors.

I wonder if at least there's a gap between the light and the beam from the standpoint of the other end of the beam. Some lights have a separation of what is seen from the downstream end that does not allow the torsoe of the user to be lit.
    I purposely tried to mask the light so as to not cast aspersions on the company who made it.
    I guess I see an Elzetta Bones with a flood lens down under. On the contrary I use my B343 most often. So in my personal experience a flood beam is most comfortable. Just a moment ago tried to light myself with that beam and I failed In normal condition my elbow is parallel to body and my arm is looking forward. Taking into account that the beam does not go backwards I always stay in the shadow area.

it is up for sale!
    https://www.tacticalresponse.com/pro...fire-tactician

also, what can yuo deduct by the item code? E2T-MV

Ordered! Thanks for the link.

As i dont use cr123 cells, will this work with 16650's instead................4.35v. If so, it may push me over the edge

I'm really interested in the tailcap... Looks like a new one for Surefire.

Last edited by mk2rocco; 10-04-2017 at 09:36 AM.

As soon as i get the chance I'm grabbing one as Well! Hope it doesn't suck! Lol!

Was thinking about to pre-order at first. But I rather wait for some feedback (and reviews) from users. Plus, the international shipping is quite high. Hope it will also pop up on eBay.

Well I preordered. We'll see what I think. Still wish it was a 2 stage tailcap.

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    As i dont use cr123 cells, will this work with 16650's instead................4.35v. If so, it may push me over the edge

I don't think anyone knows the answer to this question, but given SF's history, probably NOT. None of the newest E series lights work properly with 16650 batteries. And for all we know the battery tube might be too tight.

You and I are in the same boat, if it does work with 16650 I'm in. Until I know that I'm holding onto my money.

Thanks Hudson, guess i will have to wait. I am hoping so, a little loss in lumens(if i get 5-600 instead of 700 i honestly dont care) due to a lower voltage 4v V 6v. My concern would be low voltage with the light........

Fingers crossed! I have quite a few 16650's in use and they work great, even work lights use them(6p/g2).

E series.

Someone explain to me again, why this won't work with a click e-tailcap?! Tighten head for high, loosen for low, click for on & off. Hurry before this turns into a $229 light!
    The TEN POSTS PER DAY post count challenge:
    Click the "About Me" tab on your profile page and see how YOUR post count stacks up with the competition (Current Champ: 11.34 posts per day)!

My plan is to use a LX2 clip with a Z61 tailcap (black clicky). I'm hoping it's a good EDC in this configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
    E series.

Someone explain to me again, why this won't work with a click e-tailcap?! Tighten head for high, loosen for low, click for on & off. Hurry before this turns into a $229 light!
    I guess the thread diameter might be the issue. Or it’s stepping... It is said in the video: “They do not match” and not a word of explanation.

Drool Re: Surefire tactician

Quote Originally Posted by flashlight nut View Post
    This is a picture of a L1 body that was bored out to 18mm after I dropped it. The tail cap with the treads inside completely detached from the body.
    Holy hell!!! I've constantly READ about the 'possibility' of this happening when boring an e-series to fit 18mm cell, but this is certainly the first time I've SEEN it.

I will now remove any thoughts that were in my head to have some of my e-series bored out. Hell, battery technology is so quickly advancing to the point that you really don't lose too much in going 16650 opposed to 18650. And you certainly won't lose an entire SF out of it!

It's the same body as the e2d or atleast I assume. Don't think surefire would design a new body when they have bodies already. Id say a z61 etc will work. If you so desire. Personally I don't like clickys so this being a twisty is main reason I wanted it. That and it's an e Series. We'll see soon.

What would be really cool is if this head works with an LX2 body and switch.

This set up would give 4 distinct modes, probably 700 lumens / 250 lumens with head tightened and with the loose head 7 lumens / 2 lumens.

Ohhhhh baby..

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson456 View Post
    What would be really cool is if this head works with an LX2 body and switch.

This set up would give 4 distinct modes, probably 700 lumens / 250 lumens with head tightened and with the loose head 7 lumens / 2 lumens.
    I do not think this will work.

The intellicence of the LX2 is in the head. The tailcap only has a resistor that will be switched if the button is only half pressed. The head detects if the circuit is connected direcly or over this resistor. If the resistor is detected the LED will be powered for low. It is the same technique in the A2L, AZ2, EB1 / EB2 Tactical, UB3T, ... from my knowledge in all Surefire two state twisty lights.

But at all the E2T-MV looks very interesting. The UI is very simple and I love simple UIs. At all the light seems to be very small.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    I do not think this will work.

The intellicence of the LX2 is in the head. The tailcap only has a resistor that will be switched if the button is only half pressed. The head detects if the circuit is connected direcly or over this resistor. If the resistor is detected the LED will be powered for low. It is the same technique in the A2L, AZ2, EB1 / EB2 Tactical, UB3T, ... from my knowledge in all Surefire two state twisty lights.

But at all the E2T-MV looks very interesting. The UI is very simple and I love simple UIs. At all the light seems to be very small.

The resistor itself even though it's only 10 ohms will drop the output considerably. From what I've read in various threads, using a 750 lumen Malkoff E2S (similar in output to the Tactician) the output with the LX2 resistor in line will be about 250. My guess of 7 lumens turning into 2 is just keeping that same ratio.

I have an LX2 with a Malkoff M61 in a VME head attached. The "low" mode is about half of the 320 high mode. Don't have a light sphere, just a guess.

If the LX2 body fits the new Tactician head, I don't see why the LX2 resistor wouldn't drop the output as seen with the E2S. We shall see......

Quote Originally Posted by teak View Post
    It's the same body as the e2d or atleast I assume. Don't think surefire would design a new body when they have bodies already. Id say a z61 etc will work. If you so desire. Personally I don't like clickys so this being a twisty is main reason I wanted it. That and it's an e Series. We'll see soon.
    In the newest video on this light, James Yeager shows that a regular shrouded clicky tailcap from a Scout light works on the Tactician body. So just like you assumed, it seems to be a regular E series body.
    Video here: https://youtu.be/byYVcSEzPpY?t=7m8s

he also said that the light will not work with recargables. No what rechargables remains to be seen...

Flashaholic

In part I want to be excited. Really though, I have an AZ2 combatlight body with an EB2 head that does pretty much the same stuff, in a slim form factor, but I've had it for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by UVvis View Post
    In part I want to be excited. Really though, I have an AZ2 combatlight body with an EB2 head that does pretty much the same stuff, in a slim form factor, but I've had it for a few years.
    Yeah sounds like no need then, if this offers no improvement for your uses. ANd the above setup has it's own advantages. You'd lose its bigger & clipless but so nice combat body/ring, and your more intense spot going to this. No way would I get rid of that for this or anything, only complement if useful.

The different stuff it does, would be for those who want its wider beam and/or increased output, e-series body size head and tail, twist/momentary-only tailcap (assume you already have the c-version of this tailcap on yours), the new heavy duty clip, and most appealing to me is its new (to SF) tighten-for-high loosen-for-low UI, which is the entire reason I'm getting it. The only UI where I'd even prefer to have more than one mode.

My only question is, since they're taking preorders, do we know it's happening? Like SF is making them? Because I don't think it's unprecedented in years past where sf preorders were taken and then it still didn't happen... are they charging our cards now, or not until they ship? That would give me a better idea. I doubt they'd charge us if they weren't 100% certain it's happening.
    Click the "About Me" tab on your profile page and see how YOUR post count stacks up with the competition (Current Champ: 11.34 posts per day)!

On Facebook it says they are shipping on October 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
    Yeah sounds like no need then, if this offers no improvement for your uses. ANd the above setup has it's own advantages. You'd lose its bigger & clipless but so nice combat body/ring, and your more intense spot going to this. No way would I get rid of that for this or anything, only complement if useful.

The different stuff it does, would be for those who want its wider beam and/or increased output, e-series body size head and tail, twist/momentary-only tailcap (assume you already have the c-version of this tailcap on yours), the new heavy duty clip, and most appealing to me is its new (to SF) tighten-for-high loosen-for-low UI, which is the entire reason I'm getting it. The only UI where I'd even prefer to have more than one mode.

My only question is, since they're taking preorders, do we know it's happening? Like SF is making them? Because I don't think it's unprecedented in years past where sf preorders were taken and then it still didn't happen... are they charging our cards now, or not until they ship? That would give me a better idea. I doubt they'd charge us if they weren't 100% certain it's happening.
    Yes, my card has been charged. That was done the day I ordered.

Yes, I've heard about the 10-27 shipping date as well.

Okay, sounds like it's a done deal.

Let's go boys!

Quote Originally Posted by mk2rocco View Post
    On Facebook it says they are shipping on October 27th.
    Was that on yeagers page or Surefires page. I don’t see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis b View Post
    Mess that on yeagers page or Surefires page. I don’t see it.
    It's in the comments section of the Facebook post about the light. It's a rumour at best.

I ordered one of these about a minute after the pre sale post popped up. Hoping to be able to use a 16650 battery in it. Anyone see a reason it wouldn’t work? Thanks.

Some surefire flashlight bodies are too tight to fit the 16650 (such as LX2). Or some will not work on the higher output settings - for example the UM2 will start flashing on the highest setting (level 7), that's probably because of a low battery warning.
    Surefire A2 Aviator . If you like this place, you can donate to CPF here

Thank you Daniel, I thought a 16650 cell was the same diameter as a CR123? The lower voltage part I understand. Thanks again.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast