HDS Systems        
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Default Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

MSRP $99, XHP50.2, 4500K CCT 80+ CRI, tint variation within a 3-step MacAdam ellipse, 2460 lumens max output, complete with the all new programmable UI groups. Screw "I have too many already", I'm getting it.
    Last edited by TCY; 09-21-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Good news.
    Please ZL make it compatible with normal 18650 battery. SC600 MK3 is too much restricted on battery length.

Quote Originally Posted by shrike2222 View Post
    Good news.
    Please ZL make it compatible with normal 18650 battery. SC600 MK3 is too much restricted on battery length.
    While being compatible with all battery type would be nice I doubt they would do it. The 1500lm SC600Fd III plus draws 8A already on turbo and this one does almost 2500 lm. I suspect even the much beloved 18650GA wouldn't be able to handle that current draw.

Any link to that light? It's not on the Zebralight website...

It's only on the spreadsheet so far.

They've also corrected it to 2440 lm.

better to start saving🤑 I hate you Zebralight Please Stop Making new lights!

Could it be Made in USA now?!

No idea. ZL said that the C3 is supposedly to be manufactured in their Texas factory and the R&D part has been finished a long time ago. Given there aren't any news related to the C3 I suspect both new 1*18650 lights will still be made in China.

Very exciting news!
    SC600III HI, E14, G20, M43, K60, L6, D4, TX25C2VN40, TN40SVN

Flashaholic

2440 lumens for how long? And the step-down to what?

ZL lights don't use timed stepdown anymore. They've all been temperature-controlled since a few years ago, so that question doesn't have a definite answer.

Quote Originally Posted by shrike2222 View Post
    Good news.
    While I really like my SC600MK III(and have no plan to replace it) I agree with that opinion. These few mm:s is in no way a difference I could see as a true advantage.

Wow, over 2k lumens? How will this compare to the old 600/63 models do you think? More of a spotlight than flood I assume? How are they getting all those extra lumens? Will it be the same size? I'm not used to seeing something small like the ZL have anywhere near that many lumens unless it's a modded triple which I'm not fond of since they last for like 5 seconds.

There is some news about the C3. In the Release Date column "2017" has been deleted and the cell is now blank.

I emailed ZebraLight a couple of weeks ago to ask about the C3's release and received this response: "No specific date yet."

I assume these two bits of information lead to the conclusion that the C3 won't be here in 2017.

Flashaholic*

How long is this light ?

96mm/3.8 inch

finally a non-flood "plus" model

Unprotected 18650s are just as normal as protected ones IMO. There's little reason to be scared of unprotected lithium ions when the light itself has low voltage protection. Any good chargers will have overcharge protection as well.

XHP50.2 is a high voltage emitter, and since one 18650 can only provide so much voltage, you need to boost the amps by a considerable amount to make the emitter work. Any protected 18650's circuit wouldn't allow for that kind of flow.

XHP50.2 doesn't have the separation of its 4 dies like the XHP50 has, so that's probably why Zebralight now offers a non-frosted version now. I'm curious as well as to how its efficiency is compared to something like the SC600 MK3 models with the XHP35s.

Flashaholic*

Now just need the Cw version

Quote Originally Posted by Overclocker View Post
    finally a non-flood "plus" model
    Well, how non-floody can it be with a XHP50.2 emitter in the SC600 form factor ..
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

What probably won't be so good as its tint transition from hotspot to corona to spill. The .2 versions of the XHP50 and 70 haven't been so good with this-- especially the neutral white verisons. Users on BLF have found out that shaving off the extra phosphorous outside the dome of the emitters helps with the issue, though.

This is precisely what I'm afraid of. Many of Vinh's modded lights with 50.2 it has that distinct tint shift.

Damn ZL are on fire

I would love it even more in a 62/63 style body

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Damn ZL are on fire

I would love it even more in a 62/63 style body
    YES!

Yeah the 50.2 are iirc 4 xpg3 dies, and xpg3 is known to be green.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Yeah the 50.2 are iirc 4 xpg3 dies, and xpg3 is known to be green.
    If thats correct, i will more than likely pass as the 50.2 has not impressed me so far..................nor has the xp-g3(of the ones i have HAVE had)

Guess i will wait on some reports before a decision.............

Hey Zebralight I know you are here

Please this time do the following

1. No PWM of any kind on all levels.

2. No Battery Rattle (bring back Springs).

3. Perfect anodizing.

4. Make 2 versions please one with smooth reflector (thrower) and the other (orange peel) for balanced beam.

Some questions I asked ZL and some answers they replied: "No plans for "c" or "d" variants of the SC600 IV Plus in the near future. We'll start to take pre-orders in 1-2 weeks. The Mk III Plus version was our first try in incorporating some new but critical components (a high performance inductor and some extremely low resistance MOSFETs) into our 18650 drivers, we wanted to keep it "low profile" at that time. Even in the Mk IV Plus, we are not over driving the LEDs at all.
    A small pre-production batch has been produced recently in order to determine various aspects of the XHP50.2 LEDs. We believe that overall the beam is acceptable, and hence no need for frosted lens."

So overall ZL thinks the tint shift is acceptable. I don't know if I can take it after the frosted SC600Fd Plus and H53Fc. I think eventually I'm going to get it though. I'd prefer a c or d flavour but they aren't doing it for some reason. Can't get them 2-step LEDs?

They're most likely commenting on a lack of donut hole or cross pattern for the 50.2. 50.1 and 70.1 and 70.2 all have enough space between each die that you'll see the aforementioned beam patterns in a small non-frosted reflector.

I bet they are using a fairly heavy orange peel reflector to smooth out the tint shift quite a bit. I'm pretty used to the floody beam profile for EDC now, don't know if the new one would be good.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast