Malkoff        
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Thanks Derek, good comparison

I'll pass on this one, I have the D4vn and it feels redundant to own two lights with similar purposes. I did pre-order the H600Fc MKIV so am looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Derek, the PID is witchcraft! I have the sc63w which is over 1000lm less and i can not see the step downs. Its like magic................I can only tell after its done its step downs(presume lots of mini ramps down as i dont see an actual step down.............this is deliberately looking for it against a wall, or outside against a bush). So after a minute or two(never timed) i just can see the beam is not as bright as it was!. So i would not be surprised that its started stepping down as soon as it feels quite warm in the hand.

Congrats, this may be my next ZL.
    May it be that a step down is gradual and you cannot visually detect it?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    Just a few more photos for those of you who are awaiting your lights, or trying to decide if this is the light for you : )

Next up, a couple of beamshot comparison images (remember, all these lights have magenta filters of varying degrees to correct the inherent green tint):

L to R: 1. SC600 with Triple Nichia -- 2. SC600w -- 3. SC600w Plus IV -- 4. SC62w -- 5. SC52w All Lights ON TURBO
    SC600 with Triple Nichia???? Where did you get that?
    Cool white lights make me nauseous. Neutral or warm FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashlight Junkie View Post

Iwonderedthatmyself.

The guy that mods stuff from Canada I believe...can't remember who
    GOOD TINT!

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    Great shots; I've always said that you can't see a difference in lumens until it reaches 10%, but 0.1 to 0.2 lumens is a 100% difference, can't really miss it..
    The SC52w has a minimum output of 0.01 lumen. That's 2000% of the SC600w IV Plus minimum output.
    Last edited by ingokl; 12-06-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    May it be that a step down is gradual and you cannot visually detect it?

Not sure, i can only see the reduction after its happened or towards the end when i start to see it look a little dimmer compared to the full output. I have tested it out several times, i can see no steps so presume many tiny steps that are pretty much next to impossible to detect by eye individually. So instead of maybe an obvious jump/step down, then maybe another one. It does many tiny steps, each that small it takes many of them to notice the end of them, which of course is the lower output(i do see). Hard to explain..............

Well mine is a keeper for sure now. I just dropped it on a gravel driveway and it got it's first ding. Very minor behind the bezel, hard to see. But that's ok I was planning on keeping it anyway. I like everything about it. I will still keep the SC600w MK lll Hi too but my EDC now will be the SC600w IV Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by tompen41 View Post
    Well mine is a keeper for sure now. I just dropped it on a gravel driveway and it got it's first ding. Very minor behind the bezel, hard to see.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I would have kept this light anyway, I like everything about it. This is my 7th ZL and have no fault with any of them. I have the SC600w MK lll Hi also and comparing them side by side outside in total darkness I like them both. The Hi is a narrower beam but I also like the wide flood of the Plus. In throw at 100 yards they are about the same because of the higher lumen output of the Plus and If I were searching the Hi would be my choice but for overall use and indoors I like the Plus much better. Tint looks very much the same even though they are different emitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashlight Junkie View Post
    Here is the thread that talks about my journey to ZL nirvana:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-Carlco-Optics

I believe it's post #35 where you first see "My Precious" : )

The triple Nichia modded ZL is not as bright as my new SC600w Plus IV (probably around 900 lumens), but it's got a much larger hot spot, which I really enjoy.

All-in-all, I'm fortunate to have such a fine herd of ZL lights, each with it's own use. I will say though, I'm really diggin this new Plus IV, it's one sweet light. I got to take it for a walk tonight, and it's quite bodacious..... I feel like a Jedi Knight when I flip it on : )

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    Here is the thread that talks about my journey to ZL nirvana:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-Carlco-Optics

I believe it's post #35 where you first see "My Precious" : )

The triple Nichia modded ZL is not as bright as my new SC600w Plus IV (probably around 900 lumens), but it's got a much larger hot spot, which I really enjoy.

All-in-all, I'm fortunate to have such a fine herd of ZL lights, each with it's own use. I will say though, I'm really diggin this new Plus IV, it's one sweet light. I got to take it for a walk tonight, and it's quite bodacious..... I feel like a Jedi Knight when I flip it on : )
    I was carrying mine last night at work when I spotted a strange pickup truck parked. When I approached the driver stepped out and I hit him with the light from about 25 feet. He was blinded immediately and commented what a bright light! He was legit but very impressed by my SC600w lV Plus!

Diameter is more important for pocket carry comfort than length. Still too "fat" for me to comfortably carry. Maybe sc64 will offer something I can use.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Diameter is more important for pocket carry comfort than length. Still too "fat" for me to comfortably carry. Maybe sc64 will offer something I can use.
    If you carry the SC600 like I do in a belt holster clipped to a belt clip you don't even realize you are carrying it.

These are now listed as BACK-ORDER.

Buy directly from ZL that way you can return it to them if you don't like it or something is wrong. http://www.zebralight.com/SC600w-Mk-...ght_p_225.html

That's what I did....but did you notice it says BACK-ORDER now?

Quote Originally Posted by WebHobbit View Post
    That's what I did....but did you notice it says BACK-ORDER now?
    I pre-ordered mine on Nov 17th and was told yesterday that it won't ship for another 2-3 weeks. Pretty disappointed to be honest. I'm dying to get my hands on it.

Buy directly from ZL that way you can return it to them if you don't like it or something is wrong. http://www.zebralight.com/SC600w-Mk-...ght_p_225.html
    Sorry I missed that. I can understand why, it is such a great light, I have a nitecore EC4SW that is 2000 lumens and I like it a lot but this ZL puts out more in a much smaller package!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRodge View Post
    I pre-ordered mine on Nov 17th and was told yesterday that it won't ship for another 2-3 weeks. Pretty disappointed to be honest. I'm dying to get my hands on it.

Same here.

If you carry the SC600 like I do in a belt holster clipped to a belt clip you don't even realize you are carrying it.
    A holster wouldn't look appropriate in my workplace. I really prefer pocket carry. sc62 is just the right size for me. My HDS is only slightly thicker yet I sometimes find it annoying. In a floody light the smaller head works fine. I prefer 400 lumens that don't drop down too fast to 2500 anyway. Still the new 600 is a great tech achievement & it does temp me for coat pocket carry but I usually reserve that for a thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRodge View Post
    I ordered mine on Nov. 14 and it shipped on Nov. 29. Already on my kitchen table, just have to crack open the package and play around with it. So glad I didn't delay my order. I'm sure they'll be back in stock soon.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    A holster wouldn't look appropriate in my workplace.
    Same here. Or anywhere for that matter. I would get tired of telling people "no, I'm not a retired cop"
    GOOD TINT!

I ordered a Zebralight SC600 IV Plus on Nov 5th, and still have not received the light.
    I contacted customer service to ask why they have not shipped the light yet.
    They said that they will not ship for 2 to 3 weeks!
    I am very disappointed with Zebra light.

Is there a headlamp version of this light with neutral/warm tint, clear lens and 2300 lumens in the lV version?
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    Is there a headlamp version of this light with neutral/warm tint, clear lens and 2300 lumens in the lV version?
    No.

The MKIV clear lens, neutral white, headlamp is the H600w MKIV. It uses the XHP35 and is 1400 lumens on H1.

Remember the headlamps are way smaller and lighter then the SC600 and are more like the SC64. They already get hot fast and step down quickly at 1100-1400 lumens so, it would be kind of silly to try and push 2300 lumens out of one imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    No.

The MKIV clear lens, neutral white, headlamp is the H600w MKIV. It uses the XHP35 and is 1400 lumens on H1.

Remember the headlamps are way smaller and lighter then the SC600 and are more like the SC64. They already get hot fast and step down quickly at 1100-1400 lumens so, it would be kind of silly to try and push 2300 lumens out of one imo.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the reply!
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    Gotcha. Thanks for the reply!

No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCals View Post
    I ordered a Zebralight SC600 IV Plus on Nov 5th, and still have not received the light.
    I contacted customer service to ask why they have not shipped the light yet.
    They said that they will not ship for 2 to 3 weeks!
    I am very disappointed with Zebra light.
    Hmm... strange. Have you ordered from Zebralight before? I would think it would be first come-first served, not start with repeat customers.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    No.

They did release the h600fc mk4 with xhp50 led that puts out about 1500 lumens at high cri. If heat is not an issue for that one, then I don't see why they can't do it with a clear lens.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast