Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

TCY

Enlightened
MSRP $99, XHP50.2, 4500K CCT 80+ CRI, tint variation within a 3-step MacAdam ellipse, 2460 lumens max output, complete with the all new programmable UI groups. Screw "I have too many already", I'm getting it.:twothumbs

Last edited:

TCY

Enlightened
Good news.
Please ZL make it compatible with normal 18650 battery. SC600 MK3 is too much restricted on battery length.

While being compatible with all battery type would be nice I doubt they would do it. The 1500lm SC600Fd III plus draws 8A already on turbo and this one does almost 2500 lm. I suspect even the much beloved 18650GA wouldn't be able to handle that current draw.

Agpp

Enlightened
Any link to that light? It's not on the Zebralight website...

moozooh

Enlightened
It's only on the spreadsheet so far.

LgNtvFM.png

They've also corrected it to 2440 lm.

Nichia!

Banned
better to start saving🤑 Please Stop Making new lights!

Last edited:

TCY

Enlightened
No idea. ZL said that the C3 is supposedly to be manufactured in their Texas factory and the R&D part has been finished a long time ago. Given there aren't any news related to the C3 I suspect both new 1*18650 lights will still be made in China.

moozooh

Enlightened
ZL lights don't use timed stepdown anymore. They've all been temperature-controlled since a few years ago, so that question doesn't have a definite answer.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good news.
Please ZL make it compatible with normal 18650 battery. SC600 MK3 is too much restricted on battery length.

While I really like my SC600MK III(and have no plan to replace it) I agree with that opinion. These few mm:s is in no way a difference I could see as a true advantage.

csice

Newly Enlightened
Wow, over 2k lumens? How will this compare to the old 600/63 models do you think? More of a spotlight than flood I assume? How are they getting all those extra lumens? Will it be the same size? I'm not used to seeing something small like the ZL have anywhere near that many lumens unless it's a modded triple which I'm not fond of since they last for like 5 seconds.

JDodd

Newly Enlightened
There is some news about the C3. In the Release Date column "2017" has been deleted and the cell is now blank.

I emailed ZebraLight a couple of weeks ago to ask about the C3's release and received this response: "No specific date yet."

I assume these two bits of information lead to the conclusion that the C3 won't be here in 2017.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unprotected 18650s are just as normal as protected ones IMO. There's little reason to be scared of unprotected lithium ions when the light itself has low voltage protection. Any good chargers will have overcharge protection as well.

XHP50.2 is a high voltage emitter, and since one 18650 can only provide so much voltage, you need to boost the amps by a considerable amount to make the emitter work. Any protected 18650's circuit wouldn't allow for that kind of flow.

XHP50.2 doesn't have the separation of its 4 dies like the XHP50 has, so that's probably why Zebralight now offers a non-frosted version now. I'm curious as well as to how its efficiency is compared to something like the SC600 MK3 models with the XHP35s.