Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Flashaholic

Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Anyone received SC600FC/FD plus IV ?

Quote Originally Posted by evgeniy View Post
    Anyone received SC600FC/FD plus IV ?
    Wrong thread sir. This thread is for the SC600w MKIV Plus XHP50.2 specifically. I would post in the Official Zebralight Thread for the most traffic or start a new thread about the Fc&d Plus's.
    Last edited by Tachead; 01-02-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Hello!

If you set a level controlled by the PID (H1, H2 or H3) on the M or L zone, will the PID continue to work properly?

I remember that the SC5 II, under these conditions, lost the 3-minute timing on H1 ... (it's a bug).

Quote Originally Posted by foopluto View Post
    Hello!

If you set a level controlled by the PID (H1, H2 or H3) on the M or L zone, will the PID continue to work properly?

I remember that the SC5 II, under these conditions, lost the 3-minute timing on H1 ... (it's a bug).
    I don't consider it a bug when ZL confirmed it was designed to work in this manner... (a design feature for those smart enough to know when to manually step it down - i.e. it gets hot... - it will still step down according to battery voltage so I'm not worried)

I finally got my SC600w IV Plus! I believe it has been over 7 weeks since I ordered it but thus far it is awesome! What an adventure it took to get this light to me! I hope the pics I post of it next to the XHP35 HI Mk III actually show up.[IMG]IMG_0482[/IMG]

Yikes! Boy am I phone cam illiterate. I will get a couple good images up after I very carefully go over all the rules and guidelines thus completion of removal of my head from my own rear.

That is a LOT of pins in this thing. Freshly charged unprotected GA cell off ZL's site fits very well. I have never seen a non custom light this small put out THIS much light! Wow!
    Last edited by CelticCross74; 01-05-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross74 View Post
    I finally got my SC600w IV Plus! I believe it has been over 7 weeks since I ordered it but thus far it is awesome! What an adventure it took to get this light to me! I hope the pics I post of it next to the XHP35 HI Mk III actually show up.[IMG]IMG_0482[/IMG]
    Unfortunately, your picture did not show up. To post a picture you will need to upload it to an image hosting site like Imgur and then link from there.

Thank you!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by CelticCross74; 01-05-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross74 View Post
    Thank you! I hope this hosting site is free?
    It is. Imgur.

Glad you like it so far. I like mine too, it's a great light and super bright and efficient.
    Last edited by Tachead; 01-05-2018 at 05:53 PM.

How is the tint on this model? I might be selling my old MK3 and upgrading to this for the extra brightness and new UI.

Quote Originally Posted by snowlover91 View Post
    How is the tint on this model? I might be selling my old MK3 and upgrading to this for the extra brightness and new UI.
    See post #270 for my initial impressions.

Keep in mind though, this is a 3-step emitter so it will still have a fair amount of variation in tint between samples. But, the yellow corona will not change as it is a product of the full phosphor coating on Cree's new emitters(XP-L2, XP-G3, XHP50.2, XHP70.2).
    Last edited by Tachead; 01-07-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Zebralight SC600w mk3 HI (1126lm) and SC600w mk4 Plus (2300lm) Beamshots Comparison

All photos taken @ f/2.4 s.3 iso600 wb4500k (except for controls, enhanced brightness a bit to have more idea of the environment)
    Last edited by paojerokid; 01-07-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Zebralight SC600w mk3 HI (1126lm) and SC600w mk4 Plus (2300lm) Beamshots Comparison
    All photos taken @ f/2.4 s.3 iso600 wb4500k (except for controls, enhanced brightness a bit to have more idea of the environment)

These are great comparison shots, thank you for sharing. If you could only keep 1 of the two lights, which would it be?

Yeah, thanks a lot man those are some great comparison shots.

I am still tempted to get a HI.

Thanks for beamshots. Tint shift on mk4 is terrible. I stay with mk3 hi. Mike
    My flashlight is bigger than yours...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    Yeah, thanks a lot man those are some great comparison shots.

I am still tempted to get a HI.
    I considered a bunch of choices, but eventually ordered a 600w MkIV HI. I don't regret it. I was concerned it might be too throwy for a general-purpose light, but it's not. It has a large, bright spill, and the hot spot is not too small. The corona is very gradual, so you don't get any tunnel effect.

Outdoors, the extra throw (compared to the usual very floody Zebralights) really helps. I used to carry an additional C8 for throw, but I think I won't bother most of the time, now. The HI is not nearly as throwy as a C8, of course, but it throws well-enough for most purposes.

It was 35 minutes, and the flashlight was cooled by a fan.
    I think the advertised runtime was tested under normal room temperature without cooling.

The MKIV HI scares me since user measurements show output much lower than spec

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    The MKIV HI scares me since user measurements show output much lower than spec
    Keep in mind that home built light boxes accuracy can be all over the place. Not to mention throwier HI lights often are harder to accurately measure. Also, notice not a single person that I have seen on any forum has sent one back due to output and everyone loves them.

Keep in mind that home built light boxes accuracy can be all over the place. Not to mention throwier HI lights often are harder to accurately measure. Also, notice not a single person that I have seen on any forum has sent one back due to output and everyone loves them.
    I'm certain my eyes can't tell 1100 from 1400 lumens but if I am paying for 1400 I want 1400.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I'm certain my eyes can't tell 1100 from 1400 lumens but if I am paying for 1400 I want 1400.
    Oh I agree but, you can't take random home built light boxes measurements as gospel. The only persons I know to be proven very accurate is Selfbuilt. Remember, these are not professionally calibrated intergrating spheres we are talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    I considered a bunch of choices, but eventually ordered a 600w MkIV HI. I don't regret it. I was concerned it might be too throwy for a general-purpose light, but it's not. It has a large, bright spill, and the hot spot is not too small. The corona is very gradual, so you don't get any tunnel effect.

Outdoors, the extra throw (compared to the usual very floody Zebralights) really helps. I used to carry an additional C8 for throw, but I think I won't bother most of the time, now. The HI is not nearly as throwy as a C8, of course, but it throws well-enough for most purposes.

Thanks for the insight.

I am probably going to get one eventually but, will use it for an outdoor light to add a little throw(when needed) to my H600Fc&d MKIII headlamps. I already have the SC64c and SC64w for general purpose lights. I am going to sell my SC600w MKIV Plus(XHP50.2) as although it is a lot brighter and has a larger hotspot, it doesn't offer enough of a difference in beam profile over the 64's and I prefer their size for EDC.

Unenlightened

Buttrock Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Hello all! Jus mesured current in Hi mode. Its 6,4 Amps(!). Yesterday while walking the flashs light worked on Hi mode ~25 minutes, then step down. 3500 Sanyo 18650 battery full charged. The weather was -5C and wind. Flashlight was warm, but not hot. I think, ~ 35-45 C. Hard to tell, but i think, it was not pid power down. So the flashlight can be used full time in Hi mode, if the temperature outside 0c or lower And runtime is short. Powerfull light.

Thanks for the insight.

I am probably going to get one eventually but, will use it for an outdoor light to add a little throw(when needed) to my H600Fc&d MKIII headlamps. I already have the SC64c and SC64w for general purpose lights. I am going to sell my SC600w MKIV Plus(XHP50.2) as although it is a lot brighter and has a larger hotspot, it doesn't offer enough of a difference in beam profile over the 64's and I prefer their size for EDC.
    I's love to hear your impressions between the 64c and 64w. I sold a 63w and got the 64c. I never got to mess with the 63w and 64c side by side but the temp seemed about the same. I like the beam pattern of the 64c better than the 63. And of course the programmability.

If you have time, it would be nice to hear a quick comparison between the 64c and 64w for output, beam, and tint!

Quote Originally Posted by JStraus View Post
    I's love to hear your impressions between the 64c and 64w. I sold a 63w and got the 64c. I never got to mess with the 63w and 64c side by side but the temp seemed about the same. I like the beam pattern of the 64c better than the 63. And of course the programmability.

If you have time, it would be nice to hear a quick comparison between the 64c and 64w for output, beam, and tint!
    Sure man, just give me a day or two more to test the 64w as I just got it yesterday.

Sure man, just give me a day or two more to test the 64w as I just got it yesterday.
    I'm also really interested, I'm going to be choosing between these two shortly as my first real light.

Quote Originally Posted by zengaya View Post
    Hello all! Jus mesured current in Hi mode. Its 6,4 Amps(!). Yesterday while walking the flashs light worked on Hi mode ~25 minutes, then step down. 3500 Sanyo 18650 battery full charged. The weather was -5C and wind. Flashlight was warm, but not hot. I think, ~ 35-45 C. Hard to tell, but i think, it was not pid power down. So the flashlight can be used full time in Hi mode, if the temperature outside 0c or lower And runtime is short. Powerfull light.
    zengaya, welcome to the forum : )

For those interested... I ordered my MKIV Plus on December 10th and according to USPS tracking, it should arrive today.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast