Fenix Outfitters        
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Quote Originally Posted by TCY View Post
    While being compatible with all battery type would be nice I doubt they would do it. The 1500lm SC600Fd III plus draws 8A already on turbo and this one does almost 2500 lm. I suspect even the much beloved 18650GA wouldn't be able to handle that current draw.
    Yup. Time to stock up on Sony VTC5 and Samsung 30Q. Like the much brighter Emisar D4, these new Zebras will need high-drain cells to really shine.

What are the differences in UI compared to previous gen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruso View Post
    What are the differences in UI compared to previous gen?
    In short, you can set it to go to something other than High at 1-click.

The old functionality is there, but you have the option to go to more customized modes. This is taken from the SC53c AA, which I'm told is the new UI:

Basic Operation
    • One short-click turns on the light to High or turns off the light.
    • Two short-click turns on the light to Medium.
    • Three short-click turns on the light to the beacon-strobe mode.
    • Press and hold (for over 0.6 seconds) turns on the light to Low and then Medium and High. Release at the desired level.

Advanced Operation and Configuration

• Press and hold to cycle from Low, Medium and High, release at the desired level to set. When press and hold, the light always cycle from Low to High regardless which level you are currently in.
    • Double click to toggle and select between the two sub-levels for that main level. Sub-level selections for the 3 main levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
    • The second sub-level (H2, M2 and L2) of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels. At a main level, double-click 6 times to start configuration. On subsequent double-clicks the light will cycle through different brightness levels. Short click to turn off the light when finishing configurations. The selections for the second sub-levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
    • This light uses the main LED (flashing 1 to 4 times) to indicate the estimated remaining capacity of the battery. To start the battery indicator, (from Off) short-click 4 times without pause.
    • Beacon-strobe mode can be accessed from 3 short-clicks when the light is Off. Once in the beacon-strobe mode, you can double-click to cycle through different types of beacons and strobes. Beacon-strobe settings are memorized when the light is turned off and through battery changes.

Multiple Mode Groups

• This light comes with three mode groups, G5, G6 and G7. The G5, set as the factory default, can be selected with 5-click from OFF, while G6 and G7 can be selected with 6-click and 7-click from OFF respectively. Mode group selections are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
    • In all three mode groups

• H can be either H1 or H2; M can be either M1 or M2; L can be either L1 or L2
      • from OFF: 1-click to H; 2-click to M; press and hold to cycle from L, M to H

• In G5

• H1 is fixed at 285Lm, H2 can be 238, 171, or 106Lm
      • M1 is fixed at 56Lm, M2 can be 26, 10.3, or 3.5Lm
      • L1 is fixed at 1.0Lm, L2 can be 0.26, 0.06 or 0.01Lm

• In G6 and G7

• H1, H2, M1, M2, L1 and L2 can be programmed to any of the 12 available brightness levels
      • Double-click 6 times at the H1, H2, ... L2 to enter the programming mode for that level. Once in the programming mode, use double-click to go up one level and triple-click to go down one level. Use 1-click to exit the programming mode

• Three consecutive 5-click (or 6-click, 7-click) to reset the G5 (or G6, G7) back to the factory default settings

No pictures yet, right? With the increase in max light intensity, anyone else half expecting a change to a slightly larger form factor for greater heat sink ability?

Quote Originally Posted by roger-roger View Post
    No pictures yet, right? With the increase in max light intensity, anyone else half expecting a change to a slightly larger form factor for greater heat sink ability?
    I'm betting it will be the same format...just a really quick step-down. Either way I'm not looking for it to be practical, just a "look what I can do" mode. But with the UI, it won't really matter since the other high modes will be more useful and easily accessed. Looking forward to this!
    GOOD TINT!

I made some back-of-the-envelope calculations with the help of Cree's PCT, and it turned out the SC600F III Plus didn't normally drive the LED to its maximum specified current, which is 3A, but rather stopped at around 2.2A, which suggests the 1800 lm figure quoted by ZL was achieved at ~13.2W LED input (merely 3W above the 2nd gen SC600). This one, however, seems to be driven at the full range of the specified input current, thus pulling some ~17.7W (not counting electric losses), which is roughly a third higher than the previous gen. This doesn't mean the light itself will become hotter—its thermal envelope is believed to be the same—but rather that it will become hotter sooner. But, at the same time, it will produce more light at the same temperature, as well as having a higher maximum. So it's still a win, but there's no sense upgrading from the III Plus otherwise... unless you really want that programmable UI, I guess.

Any news when will this monster be available?

I prefer a smaller led

My wallet is ready for this bad boy
    TK75, SC600 MK III HI, X45, Catapult v6, R50VN, PD35, RC09, TN12, 2 Mini Mags, Coleman Lantern, 3D LED Mag, ML25, Solitaire, HID Spotlight and hopefully more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by PocketLight88 View Post
    My wallet is ready for this bad boy
    Same here!

As usual, just when I say "I'm done" buying flashlights.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by Overclocker View Post
    If you're a dealer
    GOOD TINT!

When will the sc64C be ready for individual sale?

Enlightened

Lol Mark6 on not buying anymore flashlights...my heard has been "thinned" down to 3 (1 flashlight and 2 headlamps) -but here I am! Anyway, since there's a picture of a 64C, I'll pass on some info I acquired yesterday: Z.L. informed me that the tint would be "very similar" to SC5C. That could be good to some and bad news to others that didn't care for the 5c's tint/color rendering...

Damn! Went to their site and not there. That is just wrong to do! Never saw me type so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    Damn! Went to their site and not there. That is just wrong to do! Never saw me type so fast!
    I did exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraman502 View Post
    I did exactly the same thing.
    Very excited to see them. So I'll be there 3 times a day now checking.

THREE more new models on the product sheet!

SC600 IV

SC600w IV

SC600w IV HI - TAKE MY MONEY!!

ps. make that FIVE (SC64 and SC64w)
    Last edited by markr6; 10-13-2017 at 08:16 AM.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

The XHP50.2 model will output 2400 lumens while the XHP35HI model will output 1400 lumens - which means a 1000 lumen difference? This difference seems a bit large , I expected maybe a 500 lumen difference.
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

I have the SC600w Mklll Hi now and am thinking about the new SC600w MK IV Plus with the XHP50.2 Emitter. My question is with the XHP50.2 emmiter what do you think the run times max on high could be! I assume this emitter is more efficient than the XHP35 but we are still using the same 18650 3500 mah 10 watt batteries so what is your guess that the max run time could be with this emitter pumping out 2300 lumens on HI 1. I am ready to pull the trigger but just want some opinions from those in the know about possible run times before I pre order.

Quote Originally Posted by tompen41 View Post
    we are still using the same 18650 3500 mah 10 watt batteries
    I'm using 2500 mah 80 watt batteries..

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    I'm using 2500 mah 80 watt batteries..

Those are probably overkill for this light. A GA, MJ1, or 35E, should be fine and give considerably better runtimes on most modes. And, if you want to use a high discharge cell, I would go with the Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC6 as they have much better performance.
    Last edited by Tachead; 11-01-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Flashaholic*

I have the SC600w Mklll Hi now and am thinking about the new SC600w MK IV Plus with the XHP50.2 Emitter. My question is with the XHP50.2 emmiter what do you think the run times max on high could be! I assume this emitter is more efficient than the XHP35 but we are still using the same 18650 3500 mah 10 watt batteries so what is your guess that the max run time could be with this emitter pumping out 2300 lumens on HI 1. I am ready to pull the trigger but just want some opinions from those in the know about possible run times before I pre order.
    The 2300 lumen mode is thermal regulated so runtimes will vary based on conditions(ambient temperature, passive/active cooling, etc.). But, in average conditions, it will not run long at full output before being greatly reduced due to temperature. I would guess it will run less then 60 seconds before output is significantly reduced. It just isn't possible to run these kinds of outputs out of a light this small with current technology. The good thing with ZL's though is they will constantly adjust output to give you the max output that conditions(temperature) permit unlike many lights that just use a timed step-down. They also do this "throttling" very smoothly so there isn't harsh changes in brightness.

Thats one thing with ZL's it quite possibly has the most elegant step downs or ramp downs i have ever seen. The sc63w on H1 is super bright, maybe 1100+ lumens, i can focus on it and i can not for the life actually see it ramp down the brightness. I can tell after a little while with the overall light not being as bright, more so when stepped back up. But the way ZL does it is art!!!

2300lm is crazy, maybe 30s or 60s if outside and cold. Run time is n/a on this level as it will drop and run a lot lower output(in comparison anyway, still obviously be bright!). Its a bonus wow mode, used for short blasts of lighting up a large area. The little sc63w gets toasty fast(not D4 fast) but it gets hot, with twice the output.............well it will be a hand warmer, all be it a very cool(looking)useful one

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Thats one thing with ZL's it quite possibly has the most elegant step downs or ramp downs i have ever seen. The sc63w on H1 is super bright, maybe 1100+ lumens, i can focus on it and i can not for the life actually see it ramp down the brightness. I can tell after a little while with the overall light not being as bright, more so when stepped back up. But the way ZL does it is art!!!

2300lm is crazy, maybe 30s or 60s if outside and cold. Run time is n/a on this level as it will drop and run a lot lower output(in comparison anyway, still obviously be bright!). Its a bonus wow mode, used for short blasts of lighting up a large area. The little sc63w gets toasty fast(not D4 fast) but it gets hot, with twice the output.............well it will be a hand warmer, all be it a very cool(looking)useful one
    That's one of the "hidden" good stuff about Zebralight. ZL's PID steps down with a whopping 384 brightness levels (and surprise, ZL's main brightness levels are picked from 768 internal levels, that sounds even more impressive), over 2.5 times than that of the D4 which is 150. If the R&D folks at ZL decides to put a ramping mode into their lights it would be a smoother experience.
    Last edited by TCY; 11-01-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by TCY View Post
    That's one of the "hidden" good stuff about Zebralight. ZL's PID steps down with a whopping 384 brightness levels (and surprise, ZL's main brightness levels are picked from 768 internal levels, that sounds even more impressive), over 2.5 times than that of the D4 which is 150. If the R&D folks at ZL decides to put a ramping mode into their lights it would be a smoother experience.
    The problem with ramping UI though is that there is no way to tell really what output you are at and what runtime you can expect. It's easy to use a higher level then you need and drain the battery quicker then you wanted to. It is also much faster and more convenient to be able to go immediately to a desired level instead of having to ramp every time. A combination of the two might be nice but, personally I would always want access to at least a few levels immediately without ramping and know what the runtimes for those levels will be.
    Last edited by Tachead; 11-01-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Although useless for practical purposes, optimal performance isn't hard to calculate. 2440lm is the maximum OTF brightness achievable without overdriving the LED, minus optical losses. The light will pull ~19W from the battery. Assuming you use a top of the line ~13Wh battery which keeps the mode up until 10–15% of its nominal capacity, your runtime at maximum brightness will be <35 minutes.

The actual runtime, however, will almost always be a lot longer as there are no practical means of controlling the light's temperature, so power consumption will drop accordingly, thus increasing runtime.

Quote Originally Posted by moozooh View Post
    Although useless for practical purposes, optimal performance isn't hard to calculate. 2440lm is the maximum OTF brightness achievable without overdriving the LED, minus optical losses. The light will pull ~19W from the battery. Assuming you use a top of the line ~13Wh battery which keeps the mode up until 10–15% of its nominal capacity, your runtime at maximum brightness will be <35 minutes.

The actual runtime, however, will almost always be a lot longer as there are no practical means of controlling the light's temperature, so power consumption will drop accordingly, thus increasing runtime.
    The battery Zebra sells is 10 watt. Are there 13 watt unprotected flat top batteries available?

Ordered 3! Will only keep one.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast