Malkoff        
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 465

Thread: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

  1. #121

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Even in pitch black I never saw a use for .01 lumen, it wasn't enough light to light up much of anything at all. However, .1 lumen I have found to be rather useful.

    Take off your sunglasses.


    Seriously,though,thatiswhyzebralightsareprogrammab le.

  2. #122
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    Maybe you'all already knew this, but apparently the SC600Fd III, and all 18650 lights released after that one, have a driver that has 2048 sublevels, many which are much lower than the ones published on the ZL website. Their choice of .2 for the SC600w IV Plus lowest level has nothing to do with limitations imposed by the LED or driver, but is a conscious choice on the their part to set the 12 allotted user levels so that they are spaced "perfectly to the human eyes".
    Just to clarify:

    When you’re in one of the new mode groups where everything is fully configurable, would you be able to select a lower mode group from those 2048, or would you be limited to choosing among the original 12?

    If the internal sublevels are only relevant for factory programming or PID, it doesn’t change much.

    If they’re available for programming for the user, so you could set 0.01 even if the lowest listed L2 is 0.12, then it solves everything.

  3. #123

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    That's weird that it was an actual decision that ZL made to not have a single mode below 0.1 lumen... I understand the desire to have "perfect spacing" but there is is a point where it is acceptable IMO to have a "jump"... and that's when going from moonlight/firefly modes into the general use levels.

    With all of the programmable options on ZL's, you would think they could keep some way for a user to set-up one group of super low modes.

  4. #124
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    I think the spacing is solid enough reasoning for the pre-set H1 through L2, but I’m not sure it holds up as well for the alternative second levels. There’s still a bit of a point though.

  5. #125

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Yeah... is there any reason L2 can't be 1.8/0.6/0.2/0.1/0.05?

  6. #126

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by holygeez03 View Post
    Yeah... is there any reason L2 can't be 1.8/0.6/0.2/0.1/0.05?
    Or even better, for all the new Zebralights, headlights as well (the new 604c looks great but for the lack of a true low low), just have the lowest low as 0.01. Keep the others as a nice even spread; whatever. But at least give those who want a really low low the option to select it. Isn’t that the point of the programmable UI, to give us the option to use these modes in the way that really suites us. If you don’t think 0.01 is useful, then just set your L2 to 0.5, but don’t remove it for those who do want it.

    I personally prefer my h1 to be a super bright outlier, and my L2 as a super low outlier. With all the rest set for a nice even spread.
    Flashlight list here

  7. #127

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    That doesn't work, because I find 0.01 to be useless... I would want ~0.05... which is why we need all the options.

  8. #128
    Flashaholic* Derek Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    2,221

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by terjee View Post
    Just to clarify:

    When you’re in one of the new mode groups where everything is fully configurable, would you be able to select a lower mode group from those 2048, or would you be limited to choosing among the original 12?

    If the internal sublevels are only relevant for factory programming or PID, it doesn’t change much.

    If they’re available for programming for the user, so you could set 0.01 even if the lowest listed L2 is 0.12, then it solves everything.
    My understanding is that those 2048 sublevels are not available for end user programming, only for factory programming, so we are only able to program the originally included 12 levels, but now, or course, we can put them in any order we want in the UI.

    I tend to feel that the very stable and extremely efficient low light levels, available for years on previous models, are kind of a ZL hallmark, and I'd like to see them continue that tradition. In fact, that, to me, would be what could make this into a nearly perfect light, being able to rock & sock it with 2300 lumens, but also have the ability to use super low moonlight levels as well, with a good selection of useful in between levels to boot.

    The guys in the SC64c thread were able to persuade ZL to change their planned low for that light from .12 back down to .05, so I see no reason we can't do the same thing with the SC600w IV Plus. Contact ZL and let them know your thoughts.

  9. #129
    Flashaholic* Derek Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    2,221

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by terjee View Post
    I think the spacing is solid enough reasoning for the pre-set H1 through L2, but I’m not sure it holds up as well for the alternative second levels. There’s still a bit of a point though.
    Yes, I can see their point, but for my uses, I'd rather see the extreme lows and have less than perfect spacing.

    Of course, this brings up the point that maybe it's time for a new driver that has more than 12 levels. Keep the same 3 main levels, but add the required number of sublevels in order to keep that perfect spacing. Maybe easier said than done, but ZL has continually raised the bar, and I see no reason why they would stop now.

  10. #130

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    Yes, I can see their point, but for my uses, I'd rather see the extreme lows and have less than perfect spacing.
    Yes. My point exactly. For the extremes I can forego perfect spacing if we get an extreme low.
    Flashlight list here

  11. #131
    Enlightened Flashlight Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Received an email from Zebralight. My SC600w Mk IV (XHP35) and SC600w Mk IV Plus (XHP50.2) have shipped!!!
    Cool white lights make me nauseous. Neutral or warm FTW.

  12. #132

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Please post beamshots ASAP...

  13. #133
    Enlightened Flashlight Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by holygeez03 View Post
    Please post beamshots ASAP...
    No problem. Might even do a YouTube video.
    Cool white lights make me nauseous. Neutral or warm FTW.

  14. #134
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashlight Junkie View Post
    Received an email from Zebralight. My SC600w Mk IV (XHP35) and SC600w Mk IV Plus (XHP50.2) have shipped!!!
    Nice. What was your order number if you don't mind me asking? Hopefully mine gets shipped soon too. It's good to see another Canadian order being shipped as I wasn't sure if just the US orders were shipping so far.

  15. #135

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    orbtronic is the best place ever for li-ion
    And Sal is my best friend and orbtronic Customer support is the best on the planet!

  16. #136
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    orbtronic is the best place ever for li-ion
    And Sal is my best friend and orbtronic Customer support is the best on the planet!
    Ah... I think you may have posted in the wrong thread? Or was that a reply to someone way earlier?

    Orbtronic is just a re-wrapper not a manufacturer so, I don't see any benefit using their cells since these lights only take unprotected flat tops. Unless of course you like the look of their wrapper lol.

    I do agree though, Orbtronic is supposed to be a good company to deal with.
    Last edited by Tachead; 11-29-2017 at 02:08 PM.

  17. #137

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    They have unprotected flat top and they are the best source for li-ion batteries

  18. #138
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    They have unprotected flat top and they are the best source for li-ion batteries
    Yes I know they do but, they are just re-wrapped OEM cells with Orbtronic labels on them. And, you pay extra for that label. Orbtronic doesn't make them and they are the same cells that any other retailer sells. There are a number of other great sources for li-ion including Illumn, IMR Batteries, Li-ion Wholesale, etc. But yes, Orbtronic are supposed to be good too, as is KeepPower, if fancy wrappers are your thing.

    Now let's get back on track here. This thread is about the Zebralight SC600w IV Plus not batteries.
    Last edited by Tachead; 11-29-2017 at 02:35 PM.

  19. #139

    Default Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    No that's not true. They have Naked ones and for the same price as any cheap source. But the reason I mentioned them because they are a reliable source for most li-ion batteries
    Last edited by archimedes; 12-04-2017 at 06:36 PM. Reason: off topic link removed

  20. #140
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    No that's not true. They have Naked ones and for the same price as any cheap source. But the reason I mentioned the because they are a reliable source for most li-ion batteries
    Yes, I see they also have some naked cells. And, I agreed with you, they are a reliable source but so are many others like the ones I listed. Now, can we please get back to Zebralight's.
    Last edited by archimedes; 12-04-2017 at 06:37 PM. Reason: (quoted) link removed

  21. #141
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Well, did anyone get their SC600w MKIV Plus(XHP50.2) yet? I am dying to hear some reports about it.

  22. #142
    Flashaholic* Derek Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    2,221

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Mine was scheduled to arrive today, but no show : (

    It probably got caught in the cyber Monday shipping crunch. I'd like to hear some reports too, while I'm waiting : )

  23. #143

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    I ordered mine on 11/17 but still no shipping notice. Also, when it does ship to me, I anticipate that it will get stuck in Hodgkins, Tx for week too.
    Last edited by insanefred; 12-03-2017 at 03:03 PM.

  24. #144
    Flashaholic* Keitho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    CO, USA
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Every hour in hodgkins seems like a week, I feel sorry for your light!

  25. #145

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    Mine was scheduled to arrive today, but no show : (
    Same here, rescheduled for tomorrow. I'll let it slide since they're getting hammered. My local UPS even got delayed which never happens...5 trailers sat there unopened for a day.
    GOOD TINT!

  26. #146
    Flashaholic* Outdoorsman5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    ***EDIT - 12/18/17 - See my below comments. I wanted to update this post with this - I fixed the problem I was having. The threads on my new SC600w IV HI were very gritty. This grit was not allowing the tailcap to tighten enough to make contact with all of my batteries. After cleaning the threads, the problem went away completely. All 6 of my red zebralight 18650's fit just fine now. I REALLY LOVE THIS LIGHT AND THE NEW UI!!! It's perfect when backpacking at night along with a floody headlight. The throw is very very impressive and has plenty of spill. It is not at all like my annoying throw monsters that just have a small bright light with no spill. The SC600w IV HI is an excellent balance of both but with an emphasis on throw.

    ***Here is my original post:

    Just got my SC600w IV HI but it is a FAIL. --- (PLEASE SEE ABOVE EDIT)

    I have 6 red 18650's, all purchased from Zebralight. Only the 2 newest one's that arrived today are long enough to work in the SC600w MKIV HI. The other 4 batteries are too short to fit, and I have to tighten the cap down as hard as possible with the two new batteries to make the connection. Putting some folded up tin foil at the end of the battery makes the connection with the other 4 batteries I have, but that is not a good long-term solution. I guess the two newest batteries are either a hair longer or just not mashed in yet from constant use. What sucks is that I also had to return my SC600w Mk III HI for the SECOND time for a different defect (just shut off unexpectedly & wouldn't come back on for a few seconds.) I returned it in May, but the problem persisted, so I just returned it again asking Zebralight to just replace it instead of fixing it. They said ok to that request and apologized.

    After using the SC600w Mk III HI for most of this year, I see it as the GREATEST flashlight ever made, but DANG, I can't get one that works!! I own 16 Zebralights (between my wife, 3 kids, & me), so I'm not losing my liking for the brand. I am disappointed though!

    Anyone else seeing these problems?
    Last edited by Outdoorsman5; 12-18-2017 at 11:55 AM. Reason: I fixed the problem

  27. #147

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman5 View Post
    Just got my SC600w IV HI but it is a FAIL.

    I have 6 red 18650's, all purchased from Zebralight. Only the 2 newest one's that arrived today are long enough to work in the SC600w MKIV HI. The other 4 batteries are too short to fit, and I have to tighten the cap down as hard as possible with the two new batteries to make the connection. Putting some folded up tin foil at the end of the battery makes the connection with the other 4 batteries I have, but that is not a good long-term solution. I guess the two newest batteries are either a hair longer or just not mashed in yet from constant use. What sucks is that I also had to return my SC600w Mk III HI for the SECOND time for a different defect (just shut off unexpectedly & wouldn't come back on for a few seconds.) I returned it in May, but the problem persisted, so I just returned it again asking Zebralight to just replace it instead of fixing it. They said ok to that request and apologized.

    After using the SC600w Mk III HI for most of this year, I see it as the GREATEST flashlight ever made, but DANG, I can't get one that works!! I own 16 Zebralights (between my wife, 3 kids, & me), so I'm not losing my liking for the brand. I am disappointed though!

    I'm wondering if this is going to be a common problem with this new batch of lights. Anyone else seeing these problems?
    When you say "red cells", which ones are those?

  28. #148
    Flashaholic* Outdoorsman5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Go to Zebralight’s Website. They’re the red 18650s. The “Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mah 18650”. These are the recommended batteries for this light.

  29. #149
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by insanefred View Post
    When you say "red cells", which ones are those?

    Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA. They are the only bare cells ZL sells.

  30. #150

    Default Re: Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman5 View Post
    Go to Zebralight’s Website. They’re the red 18650s. The “Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mah 18650”. These are the recommended batteries for this light.

    ThatiswhatIassumed,butjustmakingsure.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •