Motorcycle Spotlights

neo__04

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Chasing some advice. I've been a long time lurker and have used a lot of advice from these forums when purchasing in the past.

I just bought a new adventure motorcycle and am looking to add some extra led spotlights to it.

Obviously there are plenty of expensive options
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-pro-led-driving-combo.asp

And lots of cheap options
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-4INCH...120619?hash=item19ef4f186b:g:b9MAAOSwImRYWz-1

So i cant really decide what to do.

That's where i though the knowledgable people here might been able to suggest a few option.
Whether its DIY or a good cheap light, i'm open to all options.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Chasing some advice. I've been a long time lurker and have used a lot of advice from these forums when purchasing in the past.

I just bought a new adventure motorcycle and am looking to add some extra led spotlights to it.

Neither Baja Designs nor whatever random eBay options will be what you want, in terms of performance or durability. Baja Designs' chief product is marketing.

The Baja Designs lamp promises a 5000K CCT and "natural color", but the CRI of high CCT LED light sources isn't much to group message your fam about. It promises to exceed MIL-STD810G, but what does that even mean in terms of vehicle lighting? They might as well advertise it as gluten-free. The form factor doesn't lend itself to an acceptably-performing lamp, let alone a high-performing one. For $219.95, your money is better spent elsewhere.

What motorcycle do you have? There may be a full headlamp replacement that can help eliminate the need for auxiliary lighting.

neo__04

Newly Enlightened
Its for an BMW F800gs. Adventure bike

So it will be for a bit of both, on road riding and trail riding

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
My Suzuki DL650 adventure bike got pushed to the back of my project list a while back. But my original plan to mount yellow fogs as low and wide as possible, mostly for conspicuity, is changing. I still think that light arrangement makes one more visible, but I'm leaning toward auxiliary low beams - possibly because I acquired a pair of new Sylvania Xenarc X1010 lights a while back (and I like the Cibie Booster Beams on my Crown Vic). The rest of the DL650 ultimate plan is drving lights outboard of the headlights. That would mean good lighting on both high and low, plus the light arrangement/pattern will change when using the dimmer switch.