What else can I use these batteries for?

tpcollins

Newly Enlightened
I have to wear a monitor for 30 days to see if I have A-Fib periodically. I was given a packet with (8) 3.6 volt SAFT 14500 lithium rechargeable batteries and was told to replace them every 3 days - even though I charge the unit every night.

I understand these are for medical devices but I would think I should be able to recharge the same battery for the 30 day period unless I'm missing something.

When I go to mail the unit in for evaluation, I'm going to keep the old batteries - and maybe the charger - if I can figure out what to use 3.6v battery in AA size for. Thanks.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I wonder what type of SAFT batteries you have got. The ones I know are non-rechargeable low current batteries, often used to keep a memory alive for 10-30 years.
Obvious it must be another type you have got.

tpcollins

Newly Enlightened
Duh - I've succumbed to "Old Timer's Disease" - I'm charging the receiver unit which is a cell phone type device and the 3.6v lithium batteries go into the transmitter that hangs around my neck. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
That battery is a low current battery used for keeping something alive for 10+ years.
Somebody has given your the wrong batteries.

fmc1

Enlightened
I have seen the 14250 version of those for sale in Ace hardware stores. They have white wrappers green lettering except for the Saft name in black. They are labeled CMOS batteries. They are primaries non rechargeable and expensive about 9 dollars each. I would think that they are rated for a very low current draw.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Safty first.

Go to interstate batteries website and type in the stock no. on the cell.
It will pull up all the information on that cell :D

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also Check to see if there is a listing on the cell for a IEC no. or and ANSI no. that may help also.

In any event, they are medical batteries tested to high standards. I'd just send them back. They don't want You charging them because the wrong charger voids the certified testing certificates for medical use.